Who else is doing the $125,000.00 Crit this week?

Does race winner Ivan pay taxes to the US ot to Fidel Castro?

> I'll be there with 3 teammates...
>

> thanks,
> jason

Posted on Sun, Aug. 08, 2004

BofA Criterium | Dominquez edges 2 others in sprint

Wins invitational by less than wheel length

MICHAEL WILKINS

Special Correspondent

Ivan Dominquez beat out three riders in a sprint to win the Bank of
America Invitational Criterium Saturday night.

Dominquez, of the Colavita Bolla-Cuba team, won by less than half the
length of a wheel to beat out Gord Fraser and Henk Vogels at the
finish of the 60-mile race through uptown Charlotte.

All top three finishers came in with a time of 2 hours, 51.3 seconds.

"The weather was one of the biggest factors in the race," said
Dominquez of the unseasonably cool temperatures for early August.
"Today the weather was perfect for the race. It was fun."

Dominquez almost crashed in the last straightaway. He corrected and
moved left to beat out the field in a 200-meter sprint.

Dominquez received $25,000 for his first-place finish. The event was
promoted as the world's riches race of it's kind, with a total purse
of $125,000.

Race officials announced that an estimated crowd of 25,000 people came
to watch. The crowd lined both sides of Tryon Street for the length of
the course, standing as many as 10 deep at the finish line, at the
intersection of Trade and Tryon.

Saturday's Results

Top 10

1. Ivan Dominquez, Colavita Bolla-Cuba, 2 hours, 0:51.3 seconds

2. Gord Fraser, Health Net, 2:00.51.3

3. Henk Vogels, Navigator's Insurance-Queensland, 2:00.51.3

4. Vassili Davidenko, Navigator's Insurance-Tbilissi-R, 2:00.51.4

5. Zoran Klemencic, Outdoor Lighting Perspectives-L, 2:00.51.6

6. David McCook, McGuire Cycling, U.S., 2:00.51.9

7. Jonas Carney, Jelly Belly, 2:00.51.9

8. Robbie Ventura, USPS Wildwood, NC, US, 2:00.52.0

9. Chris Horner, Webcor Builders, U.S., 2:00.52.0

10. Charles Dionne, Webcor Builders, Canada, 2:00.52.2

>Subject: Re: Who else is doing the $125,000.00 Crit this week?
>From: [email protected] (Ronde Champ)
>Date: 8/8/2004 1:13 PM Central Standard Time
>
>> I'll be there with 3 teammates...
>>

>> thanks,
>> jason

>Posted on Sun, Aug. 08, 2004
>

>BofA Criterium | Dominquez edges 2 others in sprint
>
>Wins invitational by less than wheel length
>
>MICHAEL WILKINS
>
>Special Correspondent
>

>Ivan Dominquez beat out three riders in a sprint to win the Bank of
>America Invitational Criterium Saturday night.
>
>Dominquez, of the Colavita Bolla-Cuba team, won by less than half the
>length of a wheel to beat out Gord Fraser and Henk Vogels at the
>finish of the 60-mile race through uptown Charlotte.
>
>All top three finishers came in with a time of 2 hours, 51.3 seconds.
>
>"The weather was one of the biggest factors in the race," said
>Dominquez of the unseasonably cool temperatures for early August.
>"Today the weather was perfect for the race. It was fun."
>
>Dominquez almost crashed in the last straightaway. He corrected and
>moved left to beat out the field in a 200-meter sprint.
>
>Dominquez received $25,000 for his first-place finish. The event was
>promoted as the world's riches race of it's kind, with a total purse
>of $125,000.
>
>Race officials announced that an estimated crowd of 25,000 people came
>to watch. The crowd lined both sides of Tryon Street for the length of
>the course, standing as many as 10 deep at the finish line, at the
>intersection of Trade and Tryon.
>
>Saturday's Results
>
>Top 10
>
>1. Ivan Dominquez, Colavita Bolla-Cuba, 2 hours, 0:51.3 seconds
>
>2. Gord Fraser, Health Net, 2:00.51.3
>
>3. Henk Vogels, Navigator's Insurance-Queensland, 2:00.51.3
>
>4. Vassili Davidenko, Navigator's Insurance-Tbilissi-R, 2:00.51.4
>
>5. Zoran Klemencic, Outdoor Lighting Perspectives-L, 2:00.51.6
>
>6. David McCook, McGuire Cycling, U.S., 2:00.51.9
>
>7. Jonas Carney, Jelly Belly, 2:00.51.9
>
>8. Robbie Ventura, USPS Wildwood, NC, US, 2:00.52.0
>
>9. Chris Horner, Webcor Builders, U.S., 2:00.52.0
>
>10. Charles Dionne, Webcor Builders, Canada, 2:00.52.2

13th Jason Waddell Sharper Image-Mathis Brothers Furniture

You let me know how many of those guys in front of me run a pro team AND have a
full-time job.

thanks,
jason

>From: [email protected]12345 (Jason Waddell)

>13th Jason Waddell Sharper Image-Mathis Brothers Furniture
>
>You let me know how many of those guys in front of me run a pro team AND have
>full-time job.
>

>thanks,
>jason

Nice Job Jason. You guys are looking really good right now. Doing a hell of a
job for a small budget team and working other jobs at the same time.
Bill C