Who else manufactures full groupsets

froque

Dec 21, 2002
To my knowledge Shimano and Campangolo are the only manufacturers of full road groups. I know also that Mavic stopped selling their Mektronic group and that Miche sells a full group call Primato that includes campagnolo's chorus shifters.

Does anybody knows any other company that manufactures full road groupsets?

thank you.

froque

If I were you I wouldn't buy any other full groupset to put on my bike. Shimano and Campagnolo are very good quality. If your just a tourist I would suggest buying Shimano (it's slightly cheaper than campagnolo). And the answer to your question: I don't know any other company that makes full group sets, maybe Mahoshi or something like that

Originally posted by froque
To my knowledge Shimano and Campangolo are the only manufacturers of full road groups. I know also that Mavic stopped selling their Mektronic group and that Miche sells a full group call Primato that includes campagnolo's chorus shifters.

Does anybody knows any other company that manufactures full road groupsets?

thank you.

froque

Don't know about full groupos, but there are a lot of high-quality non-Shimano/non-Campy components available. I recently got a new frame, and spec'd as many US-made components as possible....Reynolds fork, FSA BB & crankset, Ritchey bar and stem, Thomson post, Velomax wheels. Went with Shimano shifters and derailleurs, since I didn't find any other US manufacturers for these.

I like world-class competition, and don't see the need to pass all my business to the giants.

Originally posted by dhk
I recently got a new frame, and spec'd as many US-made components as possible..., FSA BB & crankset, Ritchey bar and stem,
All US made...Really?