Who has read Rebecca Solnit's essay?

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Clara Powell, Feb 5, 2004.

  1. Clara Powell

    Clara Powell Guest

    Hi,

    I was wondering if some of you had read Rebecca Solnit's essay on walking. I think it's called
    "wanderlust" or something like that.

    I'em very interested in the spiritual aspect of walking.

    Clara, a walker-talker; talks the talk and walks the walk

    Tags:

  2. Brs

    Brs Guest

    Hi Clara,

    I have Rebecca Solnit's book "Wanderlust". It's OK, but that's about it, just OK. It's not really
    something you can read cover-to-cover. She writes about many aspects of walking, including
    bipedalism and pilgrimage, but that seems to be the problem with the book: she writes about so many
    things that there isn't a real thread to follow. There are neat walking quotes at the bottom of
    each page.

    I ran across this book in a remainder store, so I didn't mind paying the 6 bucks. Had I paid the
    original 20-something, I might have a different opinion about the book. : )