Who is doing So Cal New Years Day ride?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Colin Campbell, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Does anyone know why the ride started early last year, and whether they might do so again?

    I was approximately 1/4 mile from PCH at about 7:55 when the ride went by, and by the time we got
    off the San Gabriel River trail, thru the gate, and onto PCH, I wasn't able to catch up. Yeah, I'm
    old and slow.

    Tags:

  2. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    Me. But it isn't anywhere near pavement.

    Greg

  3. Monkeyhillcs

    Monkeyhillcs Guest

    I don't plan on riding on new years day. I am going to get up, have my daily dosage of Metamucil, go
    see a movie, eat Thai food, get my watchband fixed, and then watch some DVDs that I got for Hanukaha

    Also, just today, when I was on the can, i looked down at my legs and noticed they were really
    hairy. Wow, how quickly the cyclo-cross season ended.

  4. Canuck

    Canuck Guest

    "Colin Campbell" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Does anyone know why the ride started early last year, and whether they might do so again?
    >
    > I was approximately 1/4 mile from PCH at about 7:55 when the ride went by, and by the time we got
    > off the San Gabriel River trail, thru the gate, and onto PCH, I wasn't able to catch up. Yeah, I'm
    > old and slow.

    They noticed you weren't there yet and decided to leave.

  5. Well, try to enjoy it anyway. Happy New Year's!

    Come join this one sometime, if you'd appreciate seeing and being a part of 300 - 600 roadies more
    or less take over PCH from Long Beach to Laguna. Colin

    "G.T." wrote:

    > Me. But it isn't anywhere near pavement.
    >
    > Greg
    >
    > --
    > "Destroy your safe and happy lives before it is too late, the battles we fought were long and
    > hard, just not to be consumed by rock n' roll..." - The Mekons

  6. They must have been tracking me. A couple of their spies passed me on the trail.

    The ride starts a couple of miles further west, so they had to start about 15 minutes early! Well, I
    showed 'em, I rode along, and watched a bunch of people who had to stop and fix flats, and I didn't
    offer to help any of 'em! (Don't know what got "deposited" on the road to cause so many flats.)

    Canuck wrote:

    > "Colin Campbell" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Does anyone know why the ride started early last year, and whether they might do so again?
    > >
    > > I was approximately 1/4 mile from PCH at about 7:55 when the ride went by, and by the time we
    > > got off the San Gabriel River trail, thru the gate, and onto PCH, I wasn't able to catch up.
    > > Yeah, I'm old and slow.
    >
    > They noticed you weren't there yet and decided to leave.

  7. "Monkeyhillcs" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I don't plan on riding on new years day. I am going to get up, have my
    daily
    > dosage of Metamucil, go see a movie, eat Thai food, get my watchband
    fixed, and
    > then watch some DVDs that I got for Hanukaha

    Is Hanukaha the name of some Hawaiian chick?

  8. Brian Trdina

    Brian Trdina Guest