Who is ready for the weekend?

Like they say, looks can be deceptive.<br /><br />Anyway how did your ride over the 94.7 route go? I rode what was supposed to be the back section with the club and that wind was just a killer. I just hope we don't have that type of wind on Sunday. My mental strength is yet to overcome winds.

Hey BK, <br /><br />I did the same ride as you then. I saw Jaco and wanted to meet VO2 but I take it they were in the group that turned left into Witkoppen.<br /><br />It would have been great if we met. How hectic was that wind.

Yea, we did turn left, went through the suburbs Main/Wiliam Nicol/Rivonia/Oxord to Jan Smuts where we got onto the route. Did the route up to where Beyers Naude intersects with Northumberland (Witkoppen) and then went back to Pineslopes through the suburbs.<br /><br />Saw another potensially hazardous spot in the route... on CR Swart, after the N1 after you've crossed Pres. Fouche, they're busy building cluster homes and probably as a result of that dough up the road and closed (only wih soil) it again ... now is sort of a trench (for a lack of a better word) that run across the road. Hopefully they'll put a conveyer belt or something over there!<br />

wind was euuucckk.<br /><br />Weather for Sunday as predicted today:<br /><br />11/29 Partly cloudy.<br />Wind: Light north-westerly to westerly.<br /><br />So, seems as if we'll have the wind from behind / left on Sunday when we're on the R28/N14 since we'll be cycling sort of east?

OK, now who is nervous for this weekend? I'm beginning to dread what I see as 98 km's of weaving between people

Just had a massage.<br /><br />Boy were my legs in a bad way. My calves still hurt. Hopefully alot of the pent up lactic acid will be gone for the weekend.<br /><br />I won't hear from anyone before next week, so guys and girls, have an awesome ride. If you see some guys wearing white shirts with &quot;Dream Team&quot; on them, like so... Shout and and say hello. If you're out on the road after 10am and we pass, we will be on our 2nd lap and will need all the support.<br /><br />Ride Safe.

Rhodent - I'm also not looking forward to the hordes, what group are you starting in?

[quote author=Lab_Rat link=board=15;threadid=2627;start=15#22602 date=1037200489]<br />Just had a massage.<br /><br />Boy were my legs in a bad way. My calves still hurt. Hopefully alot of the pent up lactic acid will be gone for the weekend.<br /><br />I won't hear from anyone before next week, so guys and girls, have an awesome ride. If you see some guys wearing white shirts with &quot;Dream Team&quot; on them, like so... Shout and and say hello. If you're out on the road after 10am and we pass, we will be on our 2nd lap and will need all the support.<br /><br />Ride Safe.<br />[/quote]<br /><br /><br />Lab Rat - is the UCS on the kit Universal Computer Services? If so - what is your connection? My brother works there!

I'm starting at 8:27, group SS. So I can foresee fighting my way through hordes of back-marked seeded guys and girls (as far as I can see the groups out to 40 minutes in front of me are peopled by cyclists who did the 94.7 in between 4 and 6 hours the previous year. Unless a lot of these characters are stronger than they were it is going to be a nightmare getting through them (My cycling partners, who have been riding for a few years, start more than 1h30 in front of me). My only hope is that the unseeded starting times were allocated by how late one's entry went in, in which case I would assume it is the more dedicated beginners who would have got the first few unseeded start times (RR, SS, TT)...<br /><br />I guess I can't complain, at least I'm not starting at 10:00 (And maybe some of the faster guys will do a warm down lap and I can try tag on for some km's :p)

Another hazard to be aware of: &gt;:(<br /><br />On William Nicol, just before the left into Republic, there is a very ugly expansion joint....why ugly? <br /><br />Well, it doesn't cross the road, it runs parallel to the centre line and is about three or four metres long.....just the trick for thin wheels travelling at speed.<br /><br />If you were in a large bunch, you might not see it until.....also, beware of others swerving around it or crashing as a result of the front wheel disappearing into it.<br /><br />Good luck everyone, and don't forget to write your forum names on your numbers! :D<br /><br />Mutt'n

That joint will be covered with conveyor belt on the day, so no worries.<br /><br />btw: like the avatar, Mutt'n ;)

I registered today. Nice race brochure but there is NO ROUTE MAP in there! :'( Also on the official website I cannot get the maps and profile to enlarge so I can't print them. :'( No, I shouldn't get lost! ;D I'll just follow the other 20000 odd bikes! ;D Actually I've got the route pretty well imprinted in my mind and I'm spending a lot of time mentally riding it. :eek: Still it would be nice to study the maps while being horizontal. ;D