Who is smarter, Roadies or Mountain Bikers?

What if you are just a cyclist? I ride both mtb and road so does that make me a genius or an idiot?

The one thing that I know it makes me is broke!

LowCel said:
I ride both mtb and road so does that make me a genius or an idiot?

It makes you versatile.

There's smart cyclists and dumb ones. On the other hand, there's smart people and dumb people in general too...probably in the same proportions. It's human nature I guess.

ganderctr said:
It makes you versatile.

There's smart cyclists and dumb ones. On the other hand, there's smart people and dumb people in general too...probably in the same proportions. It's human nature I guess.
yep,^^^ youre right...

i ride mtb and am looking to get into more road cycling to improve my fitness...i doubt this with either increase or decrease my IQ by a significant margin.

cyclist14....your the thickest **** poster i have ever encoutered (for what it worth)

I think it depends on your definition of "smart". Although it might depend on your definition of "is". (Didn't somebody else say that?)

I wonder who the roadies are that voted themselves smarter? How can you be a real cyclist if you dont ride both?

Cyclist14 said:
Who do you think is smarter?

I havent gotten my hands on a penny-farthing yet, when I do there will no longer be a bike I don't ride. Variety is the spice of life!

Cyclist 14 I see you ride a Trek 1500 with Ultegra? That's a good entry level ride. This forum and your LBS will be a good place for you to get advice when you decide to upgrade or even try something with some flair.

Glowingrod said:
Cyclist 14 I see you ride a Trek 1500 with Ultegra? That's a good entry level ride. This forum and your LBS will be a good place for you to get advice when you decide to upgrade or even try something with some flair.

oh, man, that was below the belt! i had a 2005 1500 earlier this year and the only thing that is ultegra on it is the RD.. but i sold it and am currently awaiting my 05 cervelo soloist! :D

lumpy said:
Who thinks this is a stupid poll?
this poll is gay and stupid..

who ever said that recumbent cyclists are the smartest might be on to something....who ever managed to combine cycling and lying in your bed all day must be some kind of genious....

What type of rider is the person who started this poll? He/she wrote 'how' instead of 'who' on the poll question, so that's fairly conclusive.

tyler_derden said:
Recumbent riders are smartest of all.

TD
Now, now, Tyler, be nice to the roadies and MTB'ers, even though we both know that your answer is a good one. We all have two (or more) wheels and pedal from point "A" to point "B". Give the others time after their bodies start to really complain. Maybe a few will "see the light".

pineapple said:
What type of rider is the person who started this poll? He/she wrote 'how' instead of 'who' on the poll question, so that's fairly conclusive.

LOL! I was thinking the same thing Pineapple. Anyway, non-cyclists are the stupid ones. I figure that's probably safe to say on this forum! :D

Hey dan(cyclist14) I think that they are both the same because they both have to deal with dangers. you and I are both roadies and mountain bikers we both have sealt with the dangers and they are both as dangerous. mountain bikers are smarter because their riding requires more skill:p