Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Rik Van Looy

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Lance Armstrong

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Miguel Indurain

Votes: 280 29.3%

• Total voters
Hell knows!!! Imagine the cannibal riding a purpose built time trial bike with a disc and all the aero gear as available today!! :eek:

Originally posted by teaser
Hell knows!!! Imagine the cannibal riding a purpose built time trial bike with a disc and all the aero gear as available today!! :eek:

I think he'd kick Lance in france anyday

i cant tell you as its all before my time:) . Why doesent lance and ullrich try to beat the world hour record? thats a good test. not for a climber though:)

I love reading stories about the greats of the past. They have great stuff like that in the U.K. mags like Pro Cycling and Cycling Weekly. I got a great stack of them from a English friend, and a cycling weekly from early 2002 had about 10 stories about some of the best classics of all time.

Love it! :D

No problem : Eddy Merckx is the greatest!!!

But, I would have liked to see Merckx against Armstrong on the Tour...:D

PeeWee of course!

Could lance win on this bike?

peeweesbike.jpg

There is no question who is the best all-around rider of all time...Eddy Merckx. With more than 500 professional wins, and logged over 300,000 miles in his lifetime. He was an all around rider as well. Today's top professionals are more specialized than Eddy was.

Certainly in terms of wins, Mercxk. Butimagine if Coppi's career had not been interupted by the war. He is perhaps the most fluid and technically elegant cyclist.

Originally posted by collector
Certainly in terms of wins, Mercxk. Butimagine if Coppi's career had not been interupted by the war. He is perhaps the most fluid and technically elegant cyclist.

Sure, but you can then with the 'what if' scenarios you can add even a lot more riders, e.g. what if Jempi Monsere wouldn't have died, his future was just as promising as Merckx

Niek

Originally posted by nferyn
Sure, but you can then with the 'what if' scenarios you can add even a lot more riders, e.g. what if Jempi Monsere wouldn't have died, his future was just as promising as Merckx

Niek

Reminds me about that old song ... "no I don't believe in if anymore..." ;)