Who is the "Retired Sprinter" that spills the beans?

Scott wrote:
> Jamie wrote:
>> Ex Sprinter, been retired for 5 years? Who is it?
>>
>> Can't be Mario, didn't he retire in 2005?
>>
>> http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/10633.0.html

> I'm pretty sure Mario had more than 6 wins, too.

Right! And as a friend told me, I don't don't think Mario would trade
in his "modeling" career for that of a carpenter...not that there is
anything wrong with being a carpenter...

Is Ivan Qurranta(spelling?) still racing?

"Jamie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:b%[email protected]...
> Scott wrote:
>> Jamie wrote:
>>> Ex Sprinter, been retired for 5 years? Who is it?
>>>
>>> Can't be Mario, didn't he retire in 2005?
>>>
>>> http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/10633.0.html

>> I'm pretty sure Mario had more than 6 wins, too.
>>

> Right! And as a friend told me, I don't don't think Mario would trade
> in his "modeling" career for that of a carpenter...not that there is
> anything wrong with being a carpenter...
>
> Is Ivan Qurranta(spelling?) still racing?

Sprinters are reknown for riding in the laughing group. Just what would HE
know about the front runners in a Tour?

> Is Ivan Qurranta(spelling?) still racing?

Quaranta did not retire 5 years ago as the rider in question is said to
have done. He's been kicking around on Div. II teams in Italy.

Maybe Nicola Minali? Retired about the right time, had about the right
number of major victories and was on Gewiss early in his career.