WHO IS THIS IDIOT???????

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Billkirch, Feb 6, 2004.

  1. Billkirch

    Billkirch Guest

    a life Man. let us get back to discussing food. BG

    Tags:

  2. Dt

    Dt Guest

    , Once upon a time in a land far away BillKirch was alleged to have said:

    > a life Man. let us get back to discussing food. BG

    If everyone ignores it, it will eventually get tired and go away. It gets off on upsetting people,
    so when they respond to its posts it keeps posting. meantime you could set up a message filter to
    ignore all its posts. I did.

    --

    Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Never drink and derive.

  3. Goomba38

    Goomba38 Guest

    BillKirch wrote:

    > a life Man. let us get back to discussing food. BG

    friend) somehow I missed your food related point? Obfood: wonderful lamb chops tonight for supper..
    on sale 3.99/pound. Big thick loin chops. Lovely Goomba

  4. Jimlane

    Jimlane Guest

    BillKirch wrote:

    > a life Man. let us get back to discussing food. BG

    Some mental midget who doesn't have a life, so he gets his jollies by masturbating with a keyboard.

    jim

  5. Katra

    Katra Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, DT <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    > , Once upon a time in a land far away BillKirch was alleged to have said:

    > > get a life Man. let us get back to discussing food. BG
    >
    > If everyone ignores it, it will eventually get tired and go away. It gets off on upsetting people,
    > so when they respond to its posts it keeps posting. meantime you could set up a message filter to
    > ignore all its posts. I did.

    I'm glad to say that I've not seen one single post from the idiot since night before last. ;-)

    Damn MT is nice! I could never get netscape filters to work this easily..... Only took me about 5
    minutes to set them up to eliminate ALL of those posts!!!

    K.

    --
    Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

    >,,<Cat's Haven Hobby Farm>,,<[email protected]>,,<

  6. Steve Calvin

    Steve Calvin Guest

    Katra wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>, DT <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>, Once upon a time in a land far away BillKirch was alleged to have said:
    >>

    >>>get a life Man. let us get back to discussing food. BG
    >>
    >>If everyone ignores it, it will eventually get tired and go away. It gets off on upsetting people,
    >>so when they respond to its posts it keeps posting. meantime you could set up a message filter to
    >>ignore all its posts. I did.
    >

    > I'm glad to say that I've not seen one single post from the idiot since night before last. ;-)
    >
    > Damn MT is nice! I could never get netscape filters to work this easily..... Only took me about 5
    > minutes to set them up to eliminate ALL of those posts!!!
    >
    > K.

    Not sure what your issures are with netscape filters. Took me all of about 30 seconds to nuke
    that idiot.

  7. Katra

    Katra Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Steve Calvin <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Katra wrote:

    > >>If everyone ignores it, it will eventually get tired and go away. It gets off on upsetting
    > >>people, so when they respond to its posts it keeps posting. meantime you could set up a message
    > >>filter to ignore all its posts. I did.
    > >

    > > I'm glad to say that I've not seen one single post from the idiot since night before last. ;-)
    > >
    > > Damn MT is nice! I could never get netscape filters to work this easily..... Only took me about
    > > 5 minutes to set them up to eliminate ALL of those posts!!!
    > >
    > > K.
    > >
    > Not sure what your issures are with netscape filters. Took me all of about 30 seconds to nuke
    > that idiot.

    I guess I did not know what I was doing. ;-) I just could not figure out how to get them to work...
    And I ain't skeered of computer programs.

    I've since dumped Netscape totally, (and it was my love of 5 years too!) because it tended to nuke
    my computer! :p

    Now I use a combination. I-mail for mail, MT for news and IE for web browsing. My computer works
    better now. No stalls or crashes since I stareted using those.... and OS-X! :)

    Wish I'd done it months ago. I probably could have avoided the great Christmase Eve hard drive
    crash. <sigh>

    K.

    --
    Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

    >,,<Cat's Haven Hobby Farm>,,<[email protected]>,,<

  8. On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 08:51:33 -0600, Katra
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >In article <[email protected]>, Steve Calvin
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Katra wrote:

    >> > I'm glad to say that I've not seen one single post from the idiot since night before last. ;-)
    >> >
    >> > Damn MT is nice! I could never get netscape filters to work this easily..... Only took me about
    >> > 5 minutes to set them up to eliminate ALL of those posts!!!
    >> >
    >> > K.
    >> >
    >> Not sure what your issures are with netscape filters. Took me all of about 30 seconds to nuke
    >> that idiot.
    >>

    >I guess I did not know what I was doing. ;-) I just could not figure out how to get them to work...
    >And I ain't skeered of computer programs.
    >
    >I've since dumped Netscape totally, (and it was my love of 5 years too!) because it tended to nuke
    >my computer! :p
    >
    >Now I use a combination. I-mail for mail, MT for news and IE for web browsing. My computer works
    >better now. No stalls or crashes since I stareted using those.... and OS-X! :)
    >
    >Wish I'd done it months ago. I probably could have avoided the great Christmase Eve hard drive
    >crash. <sigh>
    >
    >K.

    I dumped Netscape too last year and had used it from year dot. Finally, finally I had to admit
    it was affecting other things on the computer as well. After Ahell bought it, it was a quick
    slide downhill.

    I now use Agent for newsgroups and Opera for a browser, only using IE where a site will not allow
    anything else but a MS product.

    Sheena

  9. Katra

    Katra Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] wrote:

    > On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 08:51:33 -0600, Katra <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >In article <[email protected]>, Steve Calvin
    > ><[email protected]> wrote:

    > >> Not sure what your issures are with netscape filters. Took me all of about 30 seconds to nuke
    > >> that idiot.
    > >>

    > >I guess I did not know what I was doing. ;-) I just could not figure out how to get them to
    > >work... And I ain't skeered of computer programs.
    > >
    > >I've since dumped Netscape totally, (and it was my love of 5 years too!) because it tended to
    > >nuke my computer! :p
    > >
    > >Now I use a combination. I-mail for mail, MT for news and IE for web browsing. My computer works
    > >better now. No stalls or crashes since I stareted using those.... and OS-X! :)
    > >
    > >Wish I'd done it months ago. I probably could have avoided the great Christmase Eve hard drive
    > >crash. <sigh>
    > >
    > >K.
    >
    > I dumped Netscape too last year and had used it from year dot. Finally, finally I had to admit it
    > was affecting other things on the computer as well. After Ahell bought it, it was a quick slide
    > downhill.
    >
    > I now use Agent for newsgroups and Opera for a browser, only using IE where a site will not allow
    > anything else but a MS product.
    >
    > Sheena

    LOL! I see you found the same thing I did... I tried Mozilla for web browsing but when I went to
    relist auctions, (a matter of imcome to me!), I found that my auction service, Auctionmate.com, did
    not work on the final relisting page with Mozilla, so I'm forced to use IE. <sigh> eBay works better
    with IE as well.

    When rape is inevitable......

    Netscape is a RAM memory hog. Big time. Everything involving the internet works SO much smoother now
    that I've dumped it! Funny how we fight things that are too our benefit. ;-) Netscape was, well,
    damaging. Both my sister and I are convinced it was directly responsible for eating my hard drive.
    The actual HD was fine, I just lost the data and had to reformat.

    Damn I lost a lot.... :-( My fault for not backing up as often as I should have tho'.

    K.

    --
    Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

    >,,<Cat's Haven Hobby Farm>,,<[email protected]>,,<

  10. Default User

    Default User Guest

    Katra wrote:

    > Damn MT is nice! I could never get netscape filters to work this easily..... Only took me about 5
    > minutes to set them up to eliminate ALL of those posts!!!

    Oh, I didn't really have any trouble with that one. Edit->Message Filters->New and set Subject
    Contains to melon.

    Brian Rodenborn

  11. Default User

    Default User wrote:

    > Katra wrote:
    >
    > > Damn MT is nice! I could never get netscape filters to work this easily..... Only took me about
    > > 5 minutes to set them up to eliminate ALL of those posts!!!
    >
    > Oh, I didn't really have any trouble with that one. Edit->Message Filters->New and set Subject
    > Contains to melon.

    Err, that would be Sender, not Subject. Blech.

    Brian Rodenborn

  12. Mike Beede

    Mike Beede Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I now use Agent for newsgroups and Opera for a browser, only using IE where a site will not allow
    > anything else but a MS product.

    You might look at Mozilla, if you liked Netscape. It's kind of like "Netscape that works."

    Mike Beede

  13. Katra

    Katra Guest

    In article <140220041443040594%beed[email protected]>,
    Mike Beede <[email protected]> wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>, <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > I now use Agent for newsgroups and Opera for a browser, only using IE where a site will not
    > > allow anything else but a MS product.
    >
    > You might look at Mozilla, if you liked Netscape. It's kind of like "Netscape that works."
    >
    > Mike Beede

    I finally gave in to the inevitable since IE works best for most websites, even tho' I have Mozilla
    installed.

    For Newsgroups, I've had fantastic luck with MT newswatcher.

    I use I-mail for mail.

    The beauty of Netscape is it works for all three functions... when it does not eat my machine
    anyway. :-( I finally had to give it up.

    K.

    --

  14. On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 14:43:04 -0600, Mike Beede <[email protected]> wrote:

    >In article <[email protected]>, <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> I now use Agent for newsgroups and Opera for a browser, only using IE where a site will not allow
    >> anything else but a MS product.
    >
    >You might look at Mozilla, if you liked Netscape. It's kind of like "Netscape that works."
    >
    > Mike Beede

    I am really satisfied with Opera in place of Netscape - Netscape is now a long ago memory :) I loved
    it until AHell bought it and then it was downhill fast.

    Sheena