Who is weirder, Roadies, Trackies or Mountain Bikers?

ryan_velo said:
shut the hell up you smartass by the way, if it wernt for the french in the revolutionary war we may never have gained our indepindence. the french where smart not to get caught up in this iraq mess.

Temper, temper, temper.

Aaah, another lib who learned how to work a computer.
I think it's soooo cute how libs have their own little thoughts and ideas, and actually think we should take them seriously. Kinda' like my dog when he paws my leg and thinks I should play with his tennis ball.

ryan_velo said:
shut the hell up you smartass by the way, if it wernt for the french in the revolutionary war we may never have gained our indepindence. the french where smart not to get caught up in this iraq mess.

I like that thought. It's about the closest I'll ever get to being 'compared' to Eddy Merckx . . .

donhix1 said:
I think that to the outside world anyone who wears lycra in public are a little out there. You could take Eddie Merckx or Lance armstrong put them on a $5000 bike and a nice bicyling kit and 95% of the people in my neighborhood would think they are just another weird bicyclist. We are all Freds, from Cat I's to Cat V's.

szbert said:
Aaah, another lib who learned how to work a computer.
I think it's soooo cute how libs have their own little thoughts and ideas, and actually think we should take them seriously. Kinda' like my dog when he paws my leg and thinks I should play with his tennis ball.

Now wait a second, I don't know what you are getting at. I take my dog very seruously.He is pretty cool.
He is kind of a moderate as long as he gets food he don't really give a rats butt .

Another lib for Lurch and the Breck Girl - how cute.

ryan_velo said:

Touche - not sure what political persuasions my dogs are, a German Shepherd and a (NOT French!) Poodle. I'm just pretty sure they've got me trained:) There must be something Freudian about dog choice . . .

jhuskey said:
Now wait a second, I don't know what you are getting at. I take my dog very seruously.He is pretty cool.
He is kind of a moderate as long as he gets food he don't really give a rats butt .

I think Cyclos are the wierdest. Its riding in the nature on a road bike for a few hours a day. Getting muddy, walking your back half the time, and falling into streams. And the only reason the French stayed out of Iraq is because they dont like to help people, they dont have enough resources because of WW2, OR they are all panzy liberals..:confused: I think its that one..:)

Brian

I tried cyclocross a few times many years ago. It was a lot of fun and a great workout, until I realized that rebuilding my bike completely after every race was a pain in the butt. Doing it regularly - especially when it's cold and wet, God bless ya'.

elmosferrari said:
I think Cyclos are the wierdest. Its riding in the nature on a road bike for a few hours a day. Getting muddy, walking your back half the time, and falling into streams. And the only reason the French stayed out of Iraq is because they dont like to help people, they dont have enough resources because of WW2, OR they are all panzy liberals..:confused: I think its that one..:)

Brian

elmosferrari said:
And the only reason the French stayed out of Iraq is because they dont like to help people, they dont have enough resources because of WW2, OR they are all panzy liberals..:confused: I think its that one..:)

Brian
they have a right to think this is an unjust war. I mean who the **** are we to tell them they are "PANZY LIBERALS" they have libs, and we have half a country full of redneck, pro bush, simple minded, conservative pricks who are severly full of ****. I would love to live in france

So, move to france you hillbilly commie shithead.

ryan_velo said:
they have a right to think this is an unjust war. I mean who the **** are we to tell them they are "PANZY LIBERALS" they have libs, and we have half a country full of redneck, pro bush, simple minded, conservative pricks who are severly full of ****. I would love to live in france

szbert said:
So, move to france you hillbilly commie shithead.

what the **** man! did you just call me a commie? where the **** did that come from? Bush is a ****** simple minded cowboy ***** who made Cs in harvard. he was probably to dumb to get into harvard but his dady's money got him in any way. It also got him out of nam. Kerry volunteered to fight in nam.

Which branch of the service did you serve in?

ryan_velo said:
what the **** man! did you just call me a commie? where the **** did that come from? Bush is a ****** simple minded cowboy ***** who made Cs in harvard. he was probably to dumb to get into harvard but his dady's money got him in any way. It also got him out of nam. Kerry volunteered to fight in nam.

Lets call this an impasse and take that discussion somewhere else.:)

I'm weird because I'm a cyclist. I don't mind wearing the lycra, jersey, helmet, gloves etc. when riding. But I feel a bit weird walking out to the mailbox, soaked in sweat after a ride, wearing all this, and walking funny with my cleats on.

ryan_velo said:
hu? I think he called me a communist but am I mistaken

iknowtest said:
Lets call this an impasse and take that discussion somewhere else.:)

I'm weird because I'm a cyclist. I don't mind wearing the lycra, jersey, helmet, gloves etc. when riding. But I feel a bit weird walking out to the mailbox, soaked in sweat after a ride, wearing all this, and walking funny with my cleats on.

yea i wear all that funny lookin stuff to. unfortunatly some one i know from school saw me out riding in my kit and now calls me "spandex boy" he he

ryan_velo said:
yea i wear all that funny lookin stuff to. unfortunatly some one i know from school saw me out riding in my kit and now calls me "spandex boy" he he

At one time not so long ago I had to put our bikes on a carrier to get to decent roads. Roads bikes that is.( I got the roads fixed nice now)
My wife and I would take our rides since we were out and then go to the grocery store and so forth. We in our Lycra stood out like a turd in a punch bowl ,here in East Tennesee, but you know "weird" can be defined or measured by what part of the country or what part of town you are standing in at a given moment.
Weird is redefined each and every day. I am tolerant but just don't push me. Just kidding. Maybe!

Yeah, in the San Francisco Bay area, which is loaded with cyclists and very bike friendly, we're not quite so weird. In East Texas, I look like an alien from another planet.

jhuskey said:
At one time not so long ago I had to put our bikes on a carrier to get to decent roads. Roads bikes that is.( I got the roads fixed nice now)
My wife and I would take our rides since we were out and then go to the grocery store and so forth. We in our Lycra stood out like a turd in a punch bowl ,here in East Tennesee, but you know "weird" can be defined or measured by what part of the country or what part of town you are standing in at a given moment.
Weird is redefined each and every day. I am tolerant but just don't push me. Just kidding. Maybe!

ALL cylists are weird. Roadie, XC, Downhill, Freeride, ect..ect. I'm weird, you're weird...or at least I hope, you're weird cause' if you think you're normal, I don't trust you! Weird is good! Weird is liberating! Weird is expressional! Weird people just have more fun! Some of the most successful and intriguing people of the world, also happened to be some of the weirdest folks ever to be seen! It's the ones who think they are normal that are the real freaks! They've got an identity crisis of some sort or other. They need to just embrace their weirdness. Anyways that's enough, I don't want to weird you out anymore!