Who makes a carbon rigid mtb fork?

Me

Guest
Hello, does anyone other than PACE make a carbon rigid MTB fork? Just
looking to put something new on the singlespeed and was wondering what
else is around...

I'm in the UK and the PACE RC-31 2005 (rigid carbon mtb) sells for £150
(circa $280), I'd be curious what it sells for in the US if anyone can
post a price.

cheers

Me wrote:
> Hello, does anyone other than PACE make a carbon rigid MTB fork? Just
> looking to put something new on the singlespeed and was wondering what
> else is around...
>
> I'm in the UK and the PACE RC-31 2005 (rigid carbon mtb) sells for
> £150 (circa $280), I'd be curious what it sells for in the US if
> anyone can post a price.
>
> cheers

AFAIK, PACE is the only maker of rigid CF MTB forks. Check out eBay for
some prices.

Here's a thread on some other ideas:

http://www.bikeforums.net/archive/index.php/t-29385

Also, if you're looking for lightweight, consider a titanium rigid fork or
an aluminum rigid fork. I spent $41 shipped on a 800-gram rigid aluminum
canti-only fork just recently.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Me wrote:
> Hello, does anyone other than PACE make a carbon rigid MTB fork? Just

> looking to put something new on the singlespeed and was wondering

what
> else is around...
>
> I'm in the UK and the PACE RC-31 2005 (rigid carbon mtb) sells for

£150
> (circa $280), I'd be curious what it sells for in the US if anyone

can
> post a price.
>
> cheers

It's not listed, but I'd bet you could convice Wound Up to make you a
carbon MTB fork. If they can do a recumbent fork, an MTB fork should be
simple. Wound Up forks are listed at about $400 on the Calfee website,
though. Here's the Wound Up page:
http://www.advancedcomposites.com/woundup.htm

Jeff