who makes Carrera?

Sorry forgot to mention Merida is the second largest bike manufacture in the world, they won the Speciliesd contract in 2010. Marketing frames for both comsumer and Pro cycle tea, so hardly cheap ****

Originally Posted by Maveic666

Sorry forgot to mention Merida is the second largest bike manufacture in the world, they won the Speciliesd contract in 2010. Marketing frames for both comsumer and Pro cycle tea, so hardly cheap ****
do they make each brands frames?

Hello Ambal,

Once upon a time an artisan would build a frame in their workshop and stick their name on the downtube, a practice that still goes on today but only in a niche of the racing bike market.

Instead your Cannondale, Cervélo, Giant, Scott and Specialized was probably not made by these companies but by a factory in China or Taiwan belonging to a completely different firm. (Ten Tech Commodities)

(Merida bikes) are the manufacturer for Haldfords Carrera, I’ve been looking a New Carrea today, ½ price £400.00 should be £800.00 it has 105 front and rear groups set, the other bike is a Boardman is out of my budget @ £999.99 but I noticed only the rear has 105, front crank is cheaper, don’t get me wrong I would buy it tomorrow, but there some much snobbery and price hiking, my brother-in-law bought a Scott, for £450.00 it came with a £12.00 rear derailleur, plus its made in one of the (2) factories in Taiwan, he wouldn’t have, hey ho..

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23236 check out this..