Who Makes Custom Clothing?

nitrous

New Member
Oct 25, 2004
I'm organising some company sponsored gear for all the cyclists here at work. I have made enquiries with Scody and Cannibal.

I wand good quality bib n brace, short and long sleeve shirt and shorts.

Anyone know of any other companies that I should be contacting?

you can try these guys, their prices seem allright and you can put your own logo on them. http://www.pswholesaleclothing.com/index.html click on the brochure and order form link and have a look.:)

nitrous said:
I'm organising some company sponsored gear for all the cyclists here at work. I have made enquiries with Scody and Cannibal.

I wand good quality bib n brace, short and long sleeve shirt and shorts.

Anyone know of any other companies that I should be contacting?

Have a look at Ventou. For further details, email them & ask for the Custom Cycling Information pdf, this has pricing + jerseys, vest, jackets, knicks, skinsuits etc. :) We're keeping Ventou in mind for a *jersey* idea required for later this year.
http://www.ventou.com.au/pages/custom.html

nitrous wrote:
> I'm organising some company sponsored gear for all the cyclists here at
> work. I have made enquiries with Scody and Cannibal.
>
> I wand good quality bib n brace, short and long sleeve shirt and
> shorts.
>
> Anyone know of any other companies that I should be contacting?

I get my stuff made by Rowbust in Collingwood - they do small orders
(min 10) and their stuff is great quality.

www.rowbust.com

Thanks so much for the replies guys! :)

Don't like UNO stuff. I found that the geometry/cut seemed to be all wrong (bunching up or too tight in different places. Also, the chamois didn't go high enough at the back. Pretty shoddy IMHO. I'm really looking for better quality than that.

Cannibal and Scody seem to be a cut above the other suggested manufacturers. Anyone know of anything that is a similar quality to those 2?

nitrous said:
Thanks so much for the replies guys! :)

Don't like UNO stuff. I found that the geometry/cut seemed to be all wrong (bunching up or too tight in different places. Also, the chamois didn't go high enough at the back. Pretty shoddy IMHO. I'm really looking for better quality than that.

Cannibal and Scody seem to be a cut above the other suggested manufacturers. Anyone know of anything that is a similar quality to those 2?

Try http://www.pinnaclesportswear.com.au they make our club strip.
Pinnacle Sportswear Pty Ltd
1/ 56 Currumbin Creek Rd Currumbin QLD 4223
ph: (07) 5522 1596

Adam

nitrous wrote:

> Thanks so much for the replies guys! :)
>
> Don't like UNO stuff. I found that the geometry/cut seemed to be all
> wrong (bunching up or too tight in different places. Also, the chamois
> didn't go high enough at the back. Pretty shoddy IMHO. I'm really
> looking for better quality than that.
>
> Cannibal and Scody seem to be a cut above the other suggested
> manufacturers. Anyone know of anything that is a similar quality to
> those 2?
>
> --
> nitrous

My ADF triathlon kit was Hot Designs http://www.hotdesigns.com.au/

Other people hated them and said they fell apart, but I rode 100-140km
every Saturday for about 6 months, then machine washed them in Napisan
and cold power with enzymes (all the Wrong Things To Do) and dried them
in direct sunlight (I'd rather have good, clean gear for a few months
than stinky kit that lasts forever) and never had a chamois or stitching
fall apart.

They do deals on multiple items as well, i.e. if you buy a vest as well
as your jersey and knicks, the cost comes down.

nitrous wrote:
> Thanks so much for the replies guys! :)
>
> Don't like UNO stuff. I found that the geometry/cut seemed to be all
> wrong (bunching up or too tight in different places. Also, the chamois
> didn't go high enough at the back. Pretty shoddy IMHO. I'm really
> looking for better quality than that.
>
> Cannibal and Scody seem to be a cut above the other suggested
> manufacturers. Anyone know of anything that is a similar quality to
> those 2?

I've already suggested rowbust, but can cheerfully do so again. If
you're in
Melbourne you can go and talk to them, they're in Collingwood.

Again, thanks for all the replies. We've decided to go with Cannibal. Found their product and service to be miles ahead of the rest for a marginally higher cost. Tried on their clothes at Freedom Machine and can say that they appeared to be very comfortable, although the real test comes when you get them on and hit the road.

nitrous said:
Again, thanks for all the replies. We've decided to go with Cannibal. Found their product and service to be miles ahead of the rest for a marginally higher cost. Tried on their clothes at Freedom Machine and can say that they appeared to be very comfortable, although the real test comes when you get them on and hit the road.

ta for the heads up / info.. rowbust still havnt got back to me.... :(

cheers,
GPL

gplama wrote:
> nitrous Wrote:
> > Again, thanks for all the replies. We've decided to go with Cannibal.
> > Found their product and service to be miles ahead of the rest for a
> > marginally higher cost. Tried on their clothes at Freedom Machine and
> > can say that they appeared to be very comfortable, although the real
> > test comes when you get them on and hit the road.

> ta for the heads up / info.. rowbust still havnt got back to me.... :(

That's unusual, they've been good for me. I'm seeing Jess tomorrow to
pick up a test print, will see what her story is!

Bleve said:
That's unusual, they've been good for me. I'm seeing Jess tomorrow to
pick up a test print, will see what her story is!

Cheers.. I’m thinking the reason they aren’t getting back to me is because I said I was refereed to them by you ;)

:ducks and covers:

GPL

gplama wrote:
> Bleve Wrote:
> >
> > That's unusual, they've been good for me. I'm seeing Jess tomorrow to
> > pick up a test print, will see what her story is!

> Cheers.. I'm thinking the reason they aren't getting back to me is
> because I said I was refereed to them by you ;)

I pay my bills!

> :ducks and covers:

You remember where the Bright sign is? :)

Bleve wrote:
> gplama wrote:
> > nitrous Wrote:
> > > Again, thanks for all the replies. We've decided to go with Cannibal.
> > > Found their product and service to be miles ahead of the rest for a
> > > marginally higher cost. Tried on their clothes at Freedom Machine and
> > > can say that they appeared to be very comfortable, although the real
> > > test comes when you get them on and hit the road.

> > ta for the heads up / info.. rowbust still havnt got back to me.... :(

> That's unusual, they've been good for me. I'm seeing Jess tomorrow to
> pick up a test print, will see what her story is!

I spoke to her today, aparently they had a modem failure and didn't get
any email for 4 days. IMO that's not really a good enough excuse these
days - modems are cheap and easily replaced and businesses live & die
by how well they respond to their clients. But, that's the story.

gplama wrote:
> Bleve Wrote:
> >
> > > :ducks and covers:

> > You remember where the Bright sign is? :)

> yeah, about 10m before where it needed to be... damn it! :)[/color]

Sprinting is as much about timing and position as it is speed and
acceleration. I led you out, remember? You had Jaywoo forcing me out
into the wind so I couldn't draft Flinty despite my managing to get him
on the front with about the right distance to go, and as we were on a
friendly I couldn't just chop him (Jaywoo) into the gutter (tempting
though it was! he wasn't asserting the position he was in with much
authority. I shouldn't have let him get there in the first place, but I
underestimated your teamwork). By rights you should have taken the
points. There's tricks to sprinting when trapped on the front though,
but they don't often work, the odds are rather stacked. In the case of
being caught as an unwilling leadout, one trick is to not go 100% if
you don't have a gap, and to save your kick for when you can see that
your wheelsucker is out in the wind. I was lucky you weren't paying
attention :) Besides, you won KoM by a mile, it's very difficult to be
good at both and you don't race regularly enough against determined and
cunning sprinters to be really good at it. yet ...

Yes, I'm encouraging you to race more! I think you should .. you're
strong as an ox and climb like a Basque on EPO or a yank on someone
else's blood, you just need to learn more race smarts. Tours like
Coleraine and De Bortoli would suit you perfectly.