Who Makes the Best 3 wheel Recumbent?

T Fitz

Guest
Hi,

I'm looking into buying a 3 wheeler for ragbrai next year.. but i don't know
who's the best 1 to get from ..

Thnaks,
TF

S & B of course! Especially with those big gumwall knobbie tires and
1 rear brake. Most interesting, and great for the heart.....

Chris Jordan
Santa Cruz, CA.

"T Fitz" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking into buying a 3 wheeler for ragbrai next year.. but i don't know
> who's the best 1 to get from ..
>
> Thnaks,
> TF

Can you please give me a website?

Thanks,
Tom Fitzpatrick
Schaumburg, IL

news:[email protected]...

T Fitz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking into buying a 3 wheeler for ragbrai next year.. but i don't know
> who's the best 1 to get from ..

You can search the trike list archives at
<http://www.ihpva.org/> and subscribe at
<http://www.ihpva.org/mailing_lists/>.

A tadpole will be the best choice if you are more interested in speed
and cornering ability.

Trice, Greenspeed and AVD (Windcheetah) are well established, but are
the most expensive (and subject to currency exchange rate fluctuations).
Trikes from Catrike and Whizwheelz are US made, and the reaction to
their current models has been mostly favorable. These will cost
significantly less than the imported trikes.

AVD and Whizwheelz sell direct, while the others are available from bike
shops located in the west suburbs. There are so other lower production
trikes (e.g. Organic Engines Triclops) that would be worth looking into.

If you are less interested in speed and prefer greater cargo capacity
and a higher seat, the Penninger delta trikes are locally made.
Penniniger is also introducing a tadpole, but it may not yet be available.

--
Tom Sherman - Blue Earth Cycles Dragonflyer :)

T Fitz said:
Hi,

I'm looking into buying a 3 wheeler for ragbrai next year.. but i don't know
who's the best 1 to get from ..

Thnaks,
TF
Check out the Windcheetah; the combination of form and function is tough to beat.

Ed

"estolkne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> T Fitz Wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm looking into buying a 3 wheeler for ragbrai next year.. but i don't
> > know
> > who's the best 1 to get from ..
> >
> > Thnaks,
> > TF

> Check out the Windcheetah; the combination of form and function is
> tough to beat.
>
> Ed

This is not Ed Dolan as he would never recommend a Windcheetah as he
considers it an over priced trike for folks with more money than brains. But
Hey! If you got money to throw away, be my guest.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Hi Tom,

I was trying to be funny- I got rid of 7 triikes in a month, and I am
renting an S & B at this time. Not exactly a distance trike for me,
or high speed. They have a website with a new model, which I access
through a link on the National Bicycle Greenway website.

Chris

"Tom Fitzpatrick" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Can you please give me a website?
>
> Thanks,
> Tom Fitzpatrick
> Schaumburg, IL
>
> "Christopher Jordan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > S & B of course! Especially with those big gumwall knobbie tires and
> > 1 rear brake. Most interesting, and great for the heart.....
> >
> > Chris Jordan
> > Santa Cruz, CA.
> >

> > "T Fitz" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> news:<[email protected]>...
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm looking into buying a 3 wheeler for ragbrai next year.. but i don't

> know
> > > who's the best 1 to get from ..
> > >
> > > Thnaks,
> > > TF

Thanks all for help..

Tom Fitzpatrick
Schaumburg, IL

"T Fitz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking into buying a 3 wheeler for ragbrai next year.. but i don't

know
> who's the best 1 to get from ..
>
> Thnaks,
> TF

Best is relative to whatever criteria you have. Do you want the trike for touring, hauling, shopping, speed, etc.? What is your size? ad infinitum
"T Fitz" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
Hi,

I'm looking into buying a 3 wheeler for ragbrai next year.. but i don't know
who's the best 1 to get from ..

Thnaks,
TF

This is not Ed Dolan as he would never recommend a Windcheetah as he
considers it an over priced trike for folks with more money than brains. But
Hey! If you got money to throw away, be my guest.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota[/QUOTE]
Ed, I notice you are a man of strong opinions, as am I. While I will agree to disagree with you about the value of the Windcheetah, I find your comment about more money than brains to cross the line.

Anyway, in the future, I will be sure to use my last name so that our posts are not confused.

Ed Stolkner - Maine

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 06:21:54 -0500, "MGSmith" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Best is relative to whatever criteria you have. Do you want the trike for touring, hauling, shopping, speed, etc.? What is your size? ad infinitum

I think his comment about RAGBRAI indicated he is looking for
something somewhat akin to a diamond frame sports tourer.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Yes... Curtis..

I'm planning on doing ragbrai again.. Did it on 25th year on regular bicycle
but i like those recumbents people were riding. I've always wanted 1 too.

Tom Fitzpatrick
Schaumburg, IL

"Curtis L. Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 06:21:54 -0500, "MGSmith" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >Best is relative to whatever criteria you have. Do you want the trike for

touring, hauling, shopping, speed, etc.? What is your size? ad infinitum

> I think his comment about RAGBRAI indicated he is looking for
> something somewhat akin to a diamond frame sports tourer.
>
> Curtis L. Russell
> Odenton, MD (USA)
> Just someone on two wheels...

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 01:50:09 -0700, "T Fitz" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm looking into buying a 3 wheeler for ragbrai next year.. but i don't know
>who's the best 1 to get from ..
>
>Thnaks,
>TF

Hi, i recently bought a PAV 3 from Workscycle out of New York and I
love it. It cost about 1200.00 with extras and shipping. I live in S.
Ms. TG

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 20:26:21 -0500, Edward Dolan <[email protected]> wrote:

> "estolkne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
> This is not Ed Dolan as he would never recommend a Windcheetah as he
> considers it an over priced trike for folks with more money than brains. But
> Hey! If you got money to throw away, be my guest.
> --
> Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan - Minnesota

How about the value of this one Ed <grin>?
http://www.crank-it.com/

--
Solar-powered Linux: Slackware9.1 2.4.26 IBM ThinkPad560
1993 BRC Banzai w/60T Real Chainring & Shimano Deore XT

"Danno" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 20:26:21 -0500, Edward Dolan <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > "estolkne" <[email protected]> wrote in

message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >
> > This is not Ed Dolan as he would never recommend a Windcheetah as he
> > considers it an over priced trike for folks with more money than brains.

But
> > Hey! If you got money to throw away, be my guest.
> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Ed Dolan - Minnesota
> >

> How about the value of this one Ed <grin>?
> http://www.crank-it.com/

$8000. is more than I pay for cars. I have got an '88 Mazda 626 which I
bought used about 10 years ago for $2000. Frankly, I do not understand folks
who want to spend lots and lots of money on bicycles. If I were starting
over again I would go out to Wal-Mart and get their $100. Special and it
would serve me well for 95% of my uses. A reasonably priced bike is going to
weigh what a bike is going to weigh and I will not pay for lightness. Thus
spake Zarathustra.

"Real men ride heavy bikes." (Famous saying of Joe ' the Warrior' K.)

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota