Who makes the best Helmets

>Originally posted by Etxy
>I've also been having doubts over whether I want to keep >cycling at all... my confidence on the bike has taken a beating >after nearly seeing a mate get run over in a road-rage attack,

Not good, but it happens. The same thing happens in cars but people don't stop driving. I've had my own share of close calls, witnessed a few and heard of many more but I try not to think
too much about the negatives and just ride. You can leave the
bike for a while but I'm sure, eventually, you will want to pedal
some more.

>I also have a complete lack of motivation. Noone tells me to >ride, so I don't ride. I only ride when I'm in one of those teen->angsty kinda moods, y'know, the kind where you LOOK >FORWARD to the 1/20. :p

No, I have no idea what that mood would be like.. looking forward to the 1/20! Indeed!! :p

Does this help? Yo etxy... RIDE!! ;-)

>I've been holding off on selling my >road bike because I'm >hoping this is just a phase that'll pass.
>But at the moment, sadly, my cycling is at a complete dead >end. :mad: Sure, I love watching it, reading about it, talking >about it, but actually getting out there and riding is beyond me >at the moment. It's really quite pathetic! :-(

Nah, we all get like that sometimes (well, I do!). You just need
to take some time off the bike. If you want to ride again, you'll
do it. If not.. well, you'll get fat. :p

What about doing some different riding? Stick to bike paths
for a while. Ride with slower mates/family. Try biketrials :)
Ride mtb - bugger all cars in the bush. If you want to keep up
some bike fitness you can try indoor training. Ride while
watching Kranked or similar or some road racing, if that works
for you. You might find watching last year's tour on the trainer
will be enough to get you pumped and riding outside?

>What races are you doing at the moment Stu?

None. Too unfit for anything really. I've been thinking about
doing the FGP dirt crits but I've not been in a position to get
there with a suitable bike yet :(

>Or are you just building up form before making your big >comeback? :-D

Yeah, yeah, that's it! :)

hippy

Thanks Dom and Stu for your words of encouragement. :) This week, a mate from cycling turned up on my doorstep and bullied me into going for a ride with him. I did go along, hadn't lost as much form as I'd anticipated and could keep up (was even setting the pace for the first 10-15k which was nice!) ;) Later in the week, another friend asked me to train with her, and I thought, hey, why not? So had a good ride then too. We got abused 5 times in about a 3km section of Whitehorse Rd, but my outlook was different and I basically thought 'hey, thats their problem' and kept on riding.

All was well, I didn't die, I enjoyed myself and I got a bit fitter. I guess I'm getting back into the swing of things and that's partially thanks to you guys. So thanks! :D Now its just a matter of building up some form, then doing some crits at METEC, and from there, who knows? :cool:

Originally posted by Etxy
Thanks Dom and Stu for your words of encouragement. :) This week, a mate from cycling turned up on my doorstep and bullied me into going for a ride with him. I did go along, hadn't lost as much form as I'd anticipated and could keep up (was even setting the pace for the first 10-15k which was nice!) ;) Later in the week, another friend asked me to train with her, and I thought, hey, why not? So had a good ride then too. We got abused 5 times in about a 3km section of Whitehorse Rd, but my outlook was different and I basically thought 'hey, thats their problem' and kept on riding.

All was well, I didn't die, I enjoyed myself and I got a bit fitter. I guess I'm getting back into the swing of things and that's partially thanks to you guys. So thanks! :D Now its just a matter of building up some form, then doing some crits at METEC, and from there, who knows? :cool:

That's REALLY goo to hear!!! Happy ridin'!!!

Now its just a matter of building up some form, then doing some crits at METEC, and from there, who knows? :cool: [/B][/QUOTE]

Guess who the newbie is... Whats a crit? :) Good 2 see ur enjoying urself again!