who makes this bike

franktmoney

Aug 23, 2005
i was given a bike with no stickers or any name on it . the only markings an the bike is a star with a "G" inside of it. if any one could help out that would be great. i would like to fin out befor i put any money into the bike to fix it up a little.

thanks

logo is guerciotti. post pics for more input of various and sundry kinds.
if pics not avbl describe the heck outta it.

franktmoney said:
i was given a bike with no stickers or any name on it . the only markings an the bike is a star with a "G" inside of it. if any one could help out that would be great. i would like to fin out befor i put any money into the bike to fix it up a little.

thanks

i belive it is lugged steel what is the bike shop i took it to found an E4 on the bottom of the bike frame. they think it might be a late 80's . it has the shifters on the down tube and old style 105 components. but they all work well.
do yall think it is worth putting a couple hundred into? new paint and tune up?
i would like the bike to look simaler to the on in the picture.

http://www.classicrendezvous.com/images/Italian/Guerciotti/SL_frm_blk/full_LH.JPG

franktmoney said:
i belive it is lugged steel what is the bike shop i took it to found an E4 on the bottom of the bike frame. they think it might be a late 80's . it has the shifters on the down tube and old style 105 components. but they all work well.
do yall think it is worth putting a couple hundred into? new paint and tune up?
i would like the bike to look simaler to the on in the picture.

http://www.classicrendezvous.com/images/Italian/Guerciotti/SL_frm_blk/full_LH.JPG
You don't mention what kind of shape the frame and wheels are in. If the frame is straight with no major dings in it, and no major rust, and the wheels are in good shape I'd say YES. The frame will have been made of lugged Columbus tubing, which is argueably the best of it's time(honorable mention to the excellent Reynolds). I own 2 bikes of this type a Serotta, and a Bianchi and they are wonderful rides. As to repainting that's an aesthetic decision, unless the paint was really bad I'd leave it alone. The tune up is a must. You must go through it to be sure that it is safe and sound, but this is not rocket science and with a few bike tools you could do it yourself. It may come down to a few cheap ball bearings and some new grease to get it right to where it should be.
And take a close look at the chain. You don't say what your goals are in cycling. If it is racing,and competition spend you money elsewhere. But if it is to have a fine high quality ride your $200 will be well spent