Who manufactures Shimano's disc brakes?

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 10:43:56 -0600, "onefred" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Does anyone know? Is it Nissin of Japan?
>
>Dave

Why would you think it's not Shimano?

Barry

<< Does anyone know? Is it Nissin of Japan?

>Dave

Why would you think it's not Shimano? >><BR><BR>

Not only that but shimano makes a huge amount of parts for autos, for Nissan, and others, like
Saturn and Ford.

On 22 Dec 2003 13:40:44 GMT, [email protected] (Qui si parla
Campagnolo) may have said:

><< Does anyone know? Is it Nissin of Japan?
>>
>>Dave
>>

>Why would you think it's not Shimano? >><BR><BR>
>
>Not only that but shimano makes a huge amount of parts for autos, for Nissan, and others, like
>Saturn and Ford.

They also manufacture a lot of sporting goods like fishing equipment as well.

I think it's safest to assume that something with the Shimano name was made by Shimano...unless it's
counterfeit.

it's also possible that I'm busy.

> >Does anyone know? Is it Nissin of Japan?
>
> Why would you think it's not Shimano?

Hey, I wouldn't neccessarily think it wasn't them, but since Honda and Yamaha both out-source their
motorcycle brakes (possibly auto, too), I guessed that Shimano would do something similar. So is
Shimano making the current XT/XTR brakes?

Dave

> > Does anyone know? Is it Nissin of Japan?
>
> The older XT's were made by Grimeca, an Italian company. I'm not sure where they are
> actually made.
>
> They've got their own model which closely resembles the XT brake:
> http://www.grimeca.it/eng/freni/idraulici_s_8.htm

That's truly amazing! Thanks for the info. -Dave