Who says we aren't funny?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Carl Fogel, Feb 26, 2004.

  1. Dvt

    Dvt Guest

  2. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

  3. Ted Bennett

    Ted Bennett Guest

  4. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

  5. Dvt

    Dvt Guest

    David Reuteler wrote:

    > Ted Bennett <[email protected]> wrote:
    > : Now THIS is funny: http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song/
    >
    > wtf? what is funny is that i tried to make it through the whole thing waiting for the punch-line.

    I couldn't even make it that far. There is a fine line between absurdity and comedy. That one
    doesn't even come close to that line, and it doesn't land on the side of comedy.

    --
    dvt at psu dot edu

  6. Rick Onanian

    Rick Onanian Guest

  7. Scott

    Scott Guest

  8. Terry Morse

    Terry Morse Guest

    Tom Sherman wrote:

    > Only a Real Fred [TM] would ride in the 53/19 gear.

    I don't get it. 53/19 is a great climbing gear for 4-5% grades. Either that or 53/21.

  9. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Terry Morse wrote:

    > Tom Sherman wrote:
    >

    >>Only a Real Fred [TM] would ride in the 53/19 gear.
    >

    > I don't get it. 53/19 is a great climbing gear for 4-5% grades. Either that or 53/21.

    If one were using a typical double crank (53T/39T) and a 9-speed "corncob" cassette [1], 53/19 would
    be a cross-gear combination. Real Cyclists [TM] do not ride in cross-gear combinations.

    [1] Only a Real Fred [TM] would need anything more unless the grades are extremely steep.

  10. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest