Who stole the kishka?

Curly Sue

Guest
Really, who kidnapped my knishes?

Last weekend I stopped at Yonah Shimmel and bought two lovely kasha
knishes. When I got home, they were gone :( I know I picked them up
after I paid for them and that was the last stop before heading home,
so I can only imagine someone lifted that bag out of the larger bag I
was carrying them in (or they fell out).

So far, no ransome note!

Who stole my knishes? (sung to the tune of "Who stole the kishka?")
http://www.brave.com/bo/lyrics/whostole.htm
"Someone bring it back!"

I'm going to have to listen to some Polkacide to cheer myself up:
"In heaven there is no beer, that's why we drink it here..."

Sue(tm)

day [email protected]

Guest
On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 20:50:53 GMT, [email protected] (Curly
Sue) wrote:

>Really, who kidnapped my knishes?
>
>Last weekend I stopped at Yonah Shimmel and bought two lovely kasha
>knishes. When I got home, they were gone :( I know I picked them up
>after I paid for them and that was the last stop before heading home,
>so I can only imagine someone lifted that bag out of the larger bag I
>was carrying them in (or they fell out).
>
>So far, no ransome note!
>
>Who stole my knishes? (sung to the tune of "Who stole the kishka?")
>http://www.brave.com/bo/lyrics/whostole.htm
>"Someone bring it back!"
>
>I'm going to have to listen to some Polkacide to cheer myself up:
>"In heaven there is no beer, that's why we drink it here..."
>
>Sue(tm)
>Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

The "Kilbasa Kid" did it.

Day Dreamer, just chicken dancing into the future.

kevnbro

Guest
>"Who stole my knishes? (sung to the tune of "Who stole the kishka?")

Is that song anything like, "beans, beans good for your heart?"

Curly Sue

Guest
On 8 Dec 2005 13:06:48 -0800, "kevnbro" <[email protected]> wrote:

>>"Who stole my knishes? (sung to the tune of "Who stole the kishka?")

> Is that song anything like, "beans, beans good for your heart?"

I don't think so. WSTK? is a polka :)

Sue(tm)

Michael \Dog3\ Lonergan

Guest
[email protected] (Curly Sue) looking for trouble wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Really, who kidnapped my knishes?
>
> Last weekend I stopped at Yonah Shimmel and bought two lovely kasha
> knishes. When I got home, they were gone :( I know I picked them up
> after I paid for them and that was the last stop before heading home,
> so I can only imagine someone lifted that bag out of the larger bag I
> was carrying them in (or they fell out).
>
> So far, no ransome note!
>
> Who stole my knishes? (sung to the tune of "Who stole the kishka?")
> http://www.brave.com/bo/lyrics/whostole.htm
> "Someone bring it back!"
>
> I'm going to have to listen to some Polkacide to cheer myself up:
> "In heaven there is no beer, that's why we drink it here..."
>
> Sue(tm)
> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

<burp> What knishes?

Michael <- looking all innocent and stuff

--
....Bacteria: The rear entrance to a cafeteria.

All gramatical errors and misspellings due to Ramsey the cyber kitten. He
now owns all keyboards and computing devices in the household and has the
final say on what is, or is not, posted.
Send email to dog30 at charter dot net

sarah bennett

Guest
Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
> [email protected]r.com (Curly Sue) looking for trouble wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>

>>Really, who kidnapped my knishes?
>>
>>Last weekend I stopped at Yonah Shimmel and bought two lovely kasha
>>knishes. When I got home, they were gone :( I know I picked them up
>>after I paid for them and that was the last stop before heading home,
>>so I can only imagine someone lifted that bag out of the larger bag I
>>was carrying them in (or they fell out).
>>
>>So far, no ransome note!
>>
>>Who stole my knishes? (sung to the tune of "Who stole the kishka?")
>>http://www.brave.com/bo/lyrics/whostole.htm
>>"Someone bring it back!"
>>
>>I'm going to have to listen to some Polkacide to cheer myself up:
>>"In heaven there is no beer, that's why we drink it here..."
>>
>>Sue(tm)
>>Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!
>>

> <burp> What knishes?
>
> Michael <- looking all innocent and stuff

After reading this I had to dig out my recipe. potatoes cooking and
onions in frying pan atm. :)

--

saerah

-Baruch Spinoza

-Douglas Adams

kevnbro

Guest
well then... roll out the barrel.. we'll have a barrel of fun!

(that is a polka, right?)

D.A.Martinich

Guest
Curly Sue wrote:
> Who stole my knishes? (sung to the tune of "Who stole the kishka?")
> http://www.brave.com/bo/lyrics/whostole.htm
> "Someone bring it back!"
>
> I'm going to have to listen to some Polkacide to cheer myself up:
> "In heaven there is no beer, that's why we drink it here..."

I just copied this recipe from the Polkacide website:

Blood Sausage aka "Kiszka"
(as in "Who Stole the Kishka?"- the famous Walt Solek tune)
>From _Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing_ by Rytek Kutas, kindly

shared by Doug Allison from Decatur, GA on alt.music.polka
Ingredients for 25 pounds

8 ozs salt
1 oz onion powder
1 oz coarse black pepper
0.25 oz marjoram
0.25 oz ground allspice
1 qt beef blood
1 oz Prague Powder #1
12.5 lbs pork snouts
5 lbs pork tongues
2.5 lbs pork skins
5 lbs buckwheat groats or barley (cooked weight)
All meats must be cooked for at least 2 hours then cooled. Grind all
the meats through a 3/16" grinder plate.
Place the buckwheat groats
or barley in a container and cover with boiling water for at least 2
hours. Be sure you place a cover on the container to prevent too much
heat from escaping. (You may cook either of these items until the
volume is doubled.) Remove and let cool.
After all the meats and groats have cooled, place in a mixer and add
all the seasonings and blood, and mix well. Stuff into beef bungs or
beef middles. Blood sausage is then cooked in 160 degrees F. water
until the internal temperature reaches 152 degrees F. Remove from
cooker and shower with cool water until the internal temperature is
reduced to 110 degrees F.; place in cooler for at least 24 hours.
NOTE: Since there always seems to be some breakage in the sausage
business, you may add whatever broken sausage you have to the above
formula. This blood sausage is spiced quite heavily and will cover up
most other spices. You may add up to 4 lbs of broken sausage to a 25 lb
formula. Be sure you account for the salt already in the broken
sausage.

Good eats-
D.M.