Who was the most handsome 5 time winner of the Tdf

Azulene

Dec 4, 2003
Jacques Anquetil
Eddy Merckx
Bernard Hinault
Miguel Indurain
Lance Armstrong

Finally something entertaining in the women's forum! I get tired of reading about the same old crotch problems.

Okay here's my vote. I think Hinealt has the most classically handsome features, although his features are somewhat bland. And in some pictures he looks very much like Julio Iglesias which is quite a turn off. Indurain looks decent in some photos, downright ugly in others. I have to give the edge to Hinault as being the most "handsome" so my vote goes to Hinault. But I would be more likely to sleep with Indurain.

The problem with determining how attractive cyclists are is that:
1. most of them are quite ugly to begin with so being termed "handsome" is highly relative.
2. they look very different from one photo to the next and whether they are on or off the bike.

Has anyone noticed how old cyclists look relative to their age? Some of these guys look ten years older than their actual age. I don't know if its the drugs, the sun damage or the fact that they are so underweight. There is just not enough eye candy in this sport.

Originally posted by Saucy
Finally something entertaining in the women's forum! I get tired of reading about the same old crotch problems.

Okay here's my vote. I think Hinealt has the most classically handsome features, although his features are somewhat bland. And in some pictures he looks very much like Julio Iglesias which is quite a turn off. Indurain looks decent in some photos, downright ugly in others. I have to give the edge to Hinault as being the most "handsome" so my vote goes to Hinault. But I would be more likely to sleep with Indurain.

The problem with determining how attractive cyclists are is that:
1. most of them are quite ugly to begin with so being termed "handsome" is highly relative.
2. they look very different from one photo to the next and whether they are on or off the bike.

Has anyone noticed how old cyclists look relative to their age? Some of these guys look ten years older than their actual age. I don't know if its the drugs, the sun damage or the fact that they are so underweight. There is just not enough eye candy in this sport.

I might well regret posting this message being a man and a happily married man at that !

I agree with the views you expressed : Hinault is probably the
most presentable of the TDF winners.
Indurain is not far behind him (no connotations here, folks, please)
Page 35 of Cycle Sport :2003 TDF edition has a nice shot of Indurain cornering : he looks very serene and handsome.
But as for the rest of them - well they've faces that only their mothers could love !

Why do cyclists appear to age ?
I don't agree - I cycle with a bunch of vets every unday morning and some of these blokes are in their 50/60's and they look really
fresh and well.
They actually look better, facially, than some 30/40 year olds who
I know.

It has to be Hinault.

He's still very tasty now, a Frenchman with style and that little je ne sais quoi.

I'm trying to dig out the photo I took at the tour last year, I can only find the one of side face at Paris-Roubaix. I'm extremely good at getting backs of heads and the rear views.

My youngest (10) has just told me that I do that on purpose!!!!

:)
)

Ageing Cyclists. Hmmmmmmmmm

On racing cyclists, quite a few of them do look a lot older than they are and it must be the lifestyle. But there are the exceptions.

Oscar Sevilla looks like a teenager you wouldn't think he was an adult, let alone old enough to shave (His face.)
In one of the French Tour magazines last year there was a photo article with top cyclists dressed up. Sevilla was an angel white feathered wings and all. There was also one of David Millar in a kilt, and shaved legs do not look good with it.

Where I live there are a few 'oldies' who don't look their ages on a bike, very fit and. sprightly

I think I should clarify my comment regarding pre-mature aging. I made that comment in regards to professional cyclists, not the average joes.

I agree...Hinault wins this one hands down. He has classic handsome looks.
For one not on the list-I find Paolo Bettini quite attractive. He has an impish little boy cuteness to him. He is part of the reason I was a mapei fan and now a quick-step fan.

I have some pictures (in the offical Tour De France centennial book) of Miguel Indurainin 1990 and 1991 he so tall dark and handsome.