Who watched the TdF last night?

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 18:42:24 +1000, Andrew Swan <[email protected]> wrote:

>John Henderson wrote:
>> "Shabby" wrote:
>>

>>>I think they called it as Armstrong but it was actually Heras.
>>

>> In the footage I saw, I could have sworn I saw two come off. One got away again very quickly.
>>
>> John
>>

>Beloki it was who went sideways, lost his rear tyre off the rim, and

BTW That was last night, not tonight. Armstrong was supposedly the one to come off with Heras. [...]

On 15 Jul 2003 12:30:18 +0950, Gistane <[email protected]> wrote:

>What would be good is they are able to show a few live stages why cant they show every stage live
>like this? its not like sbs has anything on TV at the times of night that the race is on. 3 live
>stages is a good start but would be great to see more.
>
>Would actually also be nice to see more cycling on TV during the late nights when a race is on
>instead of maybe getting a 1hour special 1 month after a race has been run and won.

As others have said, money is the probable cause.

Given the increasing costs to be the host broadcaster of le tour, the costs passed on to
down-the-line feeds must be also increasing every year.

I guess if you want it on more, start writing or emailing to sponsors who advertise during the event
(as it seems to be the only time SBS advertises within program time) thanking them for their support
and perhaps even buying their goods...

It also wouldn't hurt to tell SBS.

> BTW That was last night, not tonight. Armstrong was supposedly the one to come off with
> Heras. [...]

Surely you're not spoiling the outcome of a stage that won't screen in Oz until tomorrow
(Weds) night?

&roo

Originally posted by Andrew Swan
> BTW That was last night, not tonight. Armstrong was supposedly the one to come off with
> Heras. [...]

Surely you're not spoiling the outcome of a stage that won't screen in Oz until tomorrow
(Weds) night?

&roo

It's all a bit confusing when we're talking about different stages and different days. If you missed Armstrong going cross country style, you're bound to see it on every Tour review or WWof sports crashfest for the next 50 years. The stage where Heras went down was screened live on Sun night (11pm-2am), then recapped on Monday. Tuesday's show had Beloki's crash in front of Lance, which caused the cross country antics.

Yep. Agreed. I was under the impression that there'd been a touch of wheels and both had come off
their bikes. Armstrong faired better so I assumed that it was he that clipped Heras back wheel.

Armstrong was up and back on his bike very quickly and Heras wasn't that far behind.

Cheers

John

John Henderson wrote:

> "Shabby" wrote:
>
> > I think they called it as Armstrong but it was actually Heras.
>
> In the footage I saw, I could have sworn I saw two come off. One got away again very quickly.
>
> John

Yep Beloki's tire blew as it weakened on the melting tarmac (According to the info I've read).

Armstrong was following his line and narrowly avoided going down himself.

Cheers

John

"Gistane" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> What would be good is they are able to show a few live stages why cant they show every stage live
> like this? its not like sbs has anything on TV at the times of night that the race is on. 3 live
> stages is a good start but would be great to see more.

I've actually got a Polar HR "Tour" promo map that advertises 7 live stages on SBS, stages 4, 8, 13,
14, 15, 17 and 20. Imagine how excited I was when I got this a month ago and then how disappointed I
was when they reduced it back to 3.

:(

No good at all , don,t know if he is, but he comes over as a ****