Who watched the TdF last night?

John Staines

Guest
Wasn't Mayo bloody amazing? The way he raced up that mountain....you would have thought it was flat.

Armstrong is looking very strong and didn't seem at all worried by Beloki's intial attack.....

Great to watch it all live....well done SBS! :eek:)

Cheers

John

--B_3141036194_510255 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

Your not wrong John. I just wish SBS would get rid of the 45 minute babble at the beginning and show
the racing.

> Wasn't Mayo bloody amazing? The way he raced up that mountain....you would have thought it
> was flat.
>
> Armstrong is looking very strong and didn't seem at all worried by Beloki's intial attack.....
>
> Great to watch it all live....well done SBS! :eek:)
>
> Cheers
>
> John

--B_3141036194_510255 Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding:
quoted-printable

<HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Re: Who watched the TdF last night?</TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <FONT
FACE=3D"Verdana">Your not wrong John. I just wish SBS would get rid of = the 45 minute babble at the
beginning and show the racing. <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> </FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT
FACE=3D"Monaco"><TT>Wasn't Mayo bloody amazing? The = way he raced up that mountain....you<BR> would
have thought it was flat.<BR> <BR> Armstrong is looking very strong and didn't seem at all worried
by<BR> Beloki's intial attack.....<BR> <BR> Great to watch it all live....well done SBS! :eek:)<BR>
<BR> Cheers<BR> <BR> John<BR> </TT></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Monaco"><TT><BR> </TT></FONT>
</BODY> </HTML>

--B_3141036194_510255--

The babble this year wasn't as bad as the year they managed to talk for hours then go to an ad break just in time to miss the intermediate sprint where Stuie lost the green jersey.

Steve,

Yeah....I found that abit frustrating but it's a minor gripe.

It's nice to see something like this actually being beamed live (well slight delay as I'm in
Adelaide).

Best wishes

A tired John in Adelaide :eek:)

Steve Hubbard wrote:

> Your not wrong John. I just wish SBS would get rid of the 45 minute babble at the beginning and
> show the racing.
>
> Wasn't Mayo bloody amazing? The way he raced up that mountain....you would have thought it
> was flat.
>
> Armstrong is looking very strong and didn't seem at all worried by Beloki's intial
> attack.....
>
> Great to watch it all live....well done SBS! :eek:)
>
> Cheers
>
> John

When the babble only repeats what Phil & Paul had been saying, its a real pain. It was much more
exciting than i expect though.

GK

John Staines <[email protected]> wrote:

> Steve,
>
> Yeah....I found that abit frustrating but it's a minor gripe.
>
> It's nice to see something like this actually being beamed live (well slight delay as I'm in
> Adelaide).
>
> Best wishes
>
> A tired John in Adelaide :eek:)
>
> Steve Hubbard wrote:
> >
> > Your not wrong John. I just wish SBS would get rid of the 45 minute babble at the beginning and
> > show the racing.
> >
> > Wasn't Mayo bloody amazing? The way he raced up that mountain....you would have thought it
> > was flat.
> >
> > Armstrong is looking very strong and didn't seem at all worried by Beloki's intial
> > attack.....
> >
> > Great to watch it all live....well done SBS! :eek:)
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > John

Well it seems to be the Aussie way....Get a panel of so called "experts" to yammer on about what's
happening, the majority of time I have no idea who the hell these "experts" are. But they sure seem
to have an authority and opinion and the subject matter.

I think it's to try and make us (Australian general public) feel more involved, that Australia and
Australian's do know a thing or two. Just look at what they do when an important soccer match is on.
Les Murray etc yabber on and on and on.....like a roll of Kleenex, the lot of them....apart from
they tend to dribble **** more than wipe it away. :eek:)

Cheers

John

g wrote:

> When the babble only repeats what Phil & Paul had been saying, its a real pain. It was much more
> exciting than i expect though.
>
> GK
>
> John Staines <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Steve,
> >
> > Yeah....I found that abit frustrating but it's a minor gripe.
> >
> > It's nice to see something like this actually being beamed live (well slight delay as I'm in
> > Adelaide).
> >
> > Best wishes
> >
> > A tired John in Adelaide :eek:)
> >
> > Steve Hubbard wrote:
> > >
> > > Your not wrong John. I just wish SBS would get rid of the 45 minute babble at the beginning
> > > and show the racing.
> > >
> > > Wasn't Mayo bloody amazing? The way he raced up that mountain....you would have thought
> > > it was flat.
> > >
> > > Armstrong is looking very strong and didn't seem at all worried by Beloki's intial
> > > attack.....
> > >
> > > Great to watch it all live....well done SBS! :eek:)
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > >
> > > John

Good free sight tour of country France from heli view.

The dog fight up the last climb was good too. Never seen so many attack up a big climb b4. Mayo was
outstanding same to Vinokourov from team telcom.

Big winner for SBS live telecast and Harvey Normal being major sponsor.

news:[email protected]...

Shabby wrote:
> The babble this year wasn't as bad as the year they managed to talk for hours then go to an ad
> break just in time to miss the intermediate sprint where Stuie lost the green jersey.

Thanks a lot Shabby, I'd just about managed to forget that incident. $1300 of professional
counselling down the drain. Sigh.

&roo

Steve Hubbard <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<BB3868A1.675A%[email protected]>...
> Your not wrong John. I just wish SBS would get rid of the 45 minute babble at the beginning and
> show the racing.
>

> > Wasn't Mayo bloody amazing? The way he raced up that mountain....you would have thought it
> > was flat.
> >
> > Armstrong is looking very strong and didn't seem at all worried by Beloki's intial attack.....
> >
> > Great to watch it all live....well done SBS! :eek:)
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > John

I don't mind the pre-race chatter. Was it Armstrong that fell off and then re-mounted on
the descent?

Marty

Originally posted by John Staines
Well it seems to be the Aussie way....Get a panel of so called "experts" to yammer on about what's
happening, the majority of time I have no idea who the hell these "experts" are.

Stephen Hodge was the "expert", his cycling credentials are sound, but he's no good on TV.

Originally posted by Marty

I don't mind the pre-race chatter. Was it Armstrong that fell off and then re-mounted on
the descent?

Marty [/B]

I think they called it as Armstrong but it was actually Heras.

Marty <[email protected]> wrote:

> I don't mind the pre-race chatter. Was it Armstrong that fell off and then re-mounted on the
> descent?
>
> Marty

The word is that Heras fell, Armstrong braked and swerved to avoid him.

GK

What would be good is they are able to show a few live stages why cant they show every stage live like this? its not like sbs has anything on TV at the times of night that the race is on. 3 live stages is a good start but would be great to see more.

Would actually also be nice to see more cycling on TV during the late nights when a race is on instead of maybe getting a 1hour special 1 month after a race has been run and won.

Shabby <[email protected]> wrote:
: John Staines wrote:
: > Well it seems to be the Aussie way....Get a panel of so called "experts" to yammer on about
: > what's happening, the majority of time I have no idea who the hell these "experts" are.

: Stephen Hodge was the "expert", his cycling credentials are sound, but he's no good on TV.

Umm, why no good? I really appreciated his commentary as a cycling expert and as someone who has
actually raced the TDF. I'm curious as to what you expect in a TV TDF commentator.

Lynzz

Didn't know who he was.

I stand corrected.

I must still have hang up's over Johnie Warren. (Soccer expert) ;o)

Apologies

John

Lindsay Rowlands <[email protected]> wrote:

> Shabby <[email protected]> wrote:
> : John Staines wrote:
> : > Well it seems to be the Aussie way....Get a panel of so called "experts" to yammer on about
> : > what's happening, the majority of time I have no idea who the hell these "experts" are.
>

> : Stephen Hodge was the "expert", his cycling credentials are sound, but he's no good on TV.
>
> Umm, why no good? I really appreciated his commentary as a cycling expert and as someone who has
> actually raced the TDF. I'm curious as to what you expect in a TV TDF commentator.

Answer: Paul and Phil. The two jokers in the studio waste too much race watching time..

GK

"Shabby" wrote:

> I think they called it as Armstrong but it was actually Heras.

In the footage I saw, I could have sworn I saw two come off. One got away again very quickly.

John

money money money

John Henderson wrote:
> "Shabby" wrote:
>

>>I think they called it as Armstrong but it was actually Heras.
>

> In the footage I saw, I could have sworn I saw two come off. One got away again very quickly.
>
> John

Beloki it was who went sideways, lost his rear tyre off the rim, and went down HARD right in front
of Armstrong - got carted off in an ambo with suspected broken leg (you could hear him wailing on
the SBS soundtrack!). Lance had to swerve left into a dry grassy field, which he rode across for
about 60m before rejoining the road (cutting off a large hairpin bend in the process), but not
before having to dismount and leap over a big ditch. It took him about 2 sec to do a flying
remount and start pedalling - great bike skills. Phil/Paul said he used to ride MTB and
cyclocross. Asked after the race if it reminded him of his MTB days, he quipped it reminded him
more of his farming days.

&roo

"John Henderson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "Shabby" wrote:
>
> > I think they called it as Armstrong but it was actually Heras.
>
> In the footage I saw, I could have sworn I saw two come off. One got away again very quickly.
>
> John

They said (Ligget?) it might have been Armstrong as being the one that got away quickly.

Marty