Who went to Perth Bike B'fast?

SteveA

New Member
Jul 15, 2004
1,309
The Perth 'Bike to Work Breakfast' was held this morning. And it moved this year to the Supreme Court Gardens from Forrest Chase in the CBD shopping precinct where it was previously held.

Usual food - fruit, cereal, muffins, barbecued mushies, yoghurt, juice.

Usual radio station entertainment.

Usual lucky prize draws that I didn't win (as usual).

Pearl Izumi put on a fashion show with models on a catwalk.

There were a few times when there were light sprinkles of rain but generally good weather.

Who else from Aus.bicycle went?

SteveA

SteveA said:
The Perth 'Bike to Work Breakfast' was held this morning. And it moved this year to the Supreme Court Gardens from Forrest Chase in the CBD shopping precinct where it was previously held.

Usual food - fruit, cereal, muffins, barbecued mushies, yoghurt, juice.

Usual radio station entertainment.

Usual lucky prize draws that I didn't win (as usual).

Pearl Izumi put on a fashion show with models on a catwalk.

There were a few times when there were light sprinkles of rain but generally good weather.

Who else from Aus.bicycle went?

SteveA
oh yes!, i went along for the free feed ad the shocking fashion show. It reminded me of the fashion show on the simpsons when a uniform policy was instigated at springfield school.

Those tubs of yoghurt were delicious though the serves were a bit large. I almost brought it back up riding back home.

I also find it highly amusing how people will make the effort once a year to ride to work just to get a free breakfast. Ah australians, is there anything they wont do for something free??

byron27 said:
oh yes!, i went along for the free feed ad the shocking fashion show. It reminded me of the fashion show on the simpsons when a uniform policy was instigated at springfield school.

Those tubs of yoghurt were delicious though the serves were a bit large. I almost brought it back up riding back home.

I also find it highly amusing how people will make the effort once a year to ride to work just to get a free breakfast. Ah australians, is there anything they wont do for something free??

I agree about the yoghurt - 500g they were! And I sure there were quite a few who were not even on their way to work. There was a fair contingent of retired 'over 55s' there for the free feed too.

And this year, they marked each rider's hand with a pen as they entered so they could not go around again and get another free bottle, and another free bottle, and another.......

SteveA

SteveA said:
I agree about the yoghurt - 500g they were! And I sure there were quite a few who were not even on their way to work. There was a fair contingent of retired 'over 55s' there for the free feed too.

And this year, they marked each rider's hand with a pen as they entered so they could not go around again and get another free bottle, and another free bottle, and another.......

SteveA
ah steve, that was my old trick, as i believe free water bottles are a fundamental velo right!

I was heartbroken but then i wandered over to the bikewest display table and they were giving them away free from there as well so i still managed to get my extra bottle.

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 at 03:45 GMT, byron27 (aka Bruce)
> I also find it highly amusing how people will make the effort once a
> year to ride to work just to get a free breakfast. Ah australians, is
> there anything they wont do for something free??

No, but imagine if there were beer at the breakfast.

Imagine the advocacy power cycling would then have!

"COGITO, EGGO SUM." I think, therefore I am a waffle.
.sig of Mr. Ska on Slashdot.org

Seeing as I work from home Im cut out of the bike to work breakky =\

... there is also one held at UWA where my partner works, so Ill ca-ching there for my yearly free waterbottles.

till

Planned to go but missed it. My 3 year old decided to have bad dreams last
night so daddy had very little sleep and woke up veeerrrry late.
No free bottles for me this year, and also missed the chance to enter the
comp for the trip to the TDF! grumble.

Bjay

till! said:
Seeing as I work from home Im cut out of the bike to work breakky =\

... there is also one held at UWA where my partner works, so Ill ca-ching there for my yearly free waterbottles.

till
My very rough assessment of the attendees would be that maybe about 80% to 90% actually worked in the city and that the rest worked somewhere else (home?) but took a 'broad' interpretation of 'ride to work' and turned up.

I got my 1 free water bottle but then bought 2 'City of Perth Great Bike Ride 2004' bottles for $1 each from the Rotary stand.

SteveA

TimC said:
On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 at 03:45 GMT, byron27 (aka Bruce)
> I also find it highly amusing how people will make the effort once a
> year to ride to work just to get a free breakfast. Ah australians, is
> there anything they wont do for something free??

No, but imagine if there were beer at the breakfast.

Imagine the advocacy power cycling would then have!

"COGITO, EGGO SUM." I think, therefore I am a waffle.
.sig of Mr. Ska on Slashdot.org

Beer at the breakfast??? You don't work at an institution that provides higher education, do you? :)

SteveA

SteveA wrote:
> The Perth 'Bike to Work Breakfast' was held this morning. And it moved
> this year to the Supreme Court Gardens from Forrest Chase in the CBD
> shopping precinct where it was previously held.
>
> Usual food - fruit, cereal, muffins, barbecued mushies, yoghurt, juice.
>
> Usual radio station entertainment.
>
> Usual lucky prize draws that I didn't win (as usual).
>
> Pearl Izumi put on a fashion show with models on a catwalk.
>
> There were a few times when there were light sprinkles of rain but
> generally good weather.
>
> Who else from Aus.bicycle went?

I'm not working in the city any more (I'm a house dad...), so I missed
out on my free water bottle this year. Shame too, last years one is
getting really scary ;-)

--
Brett