Who Won Stage 13?

Tom

Guest
OLN did not carry the Giro bike race in Italy today, or at least not in our area. Who won the stage
and how tough was it up those 18% grades near the end?

Tom

I may have screwed up the Stage number; but, who did win today?

Tom

"Tom" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I may have screwed up the Stage number; but, who did win today?

You are one lazy *******.

www.cyclingnews.com www.velonews.com www.dailypeloton.com

etc.

etc.

Does anyone know what the word 'troll' means? I'd go to www.dictionary.com but i"m too lazy.

"Tom" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I may have screwed up the Stage number; but, who did win today?
>
> Tom

Too bad you missed that. Paul Sherwin mentioned parts as 22 and 27 percent. I haven't heard of 27 on
any major paved road here in the USA, parts of Mt. Washington are what, 22. Priests grade here has
parts at 20. Nice shots from the air show the grade. Reminds me of Priests grade. Marco really
grinding it out at the end. Good action! I remember a climb called Hells Kitchen in the Tour De Pont
where the riders had to get off and walk up the grade and some fell over climbing the grade. I
always wondered how steep that part called Hells Kitchen was.

Bruce

"Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Tom" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > I may have screwed up the Stage number; but, who did win today?
> >
> > Tom
>
> Too bad you missed that. Paul Sherwin mentioned parts as 22 and 27
percent.
> I haven't heard of 27 on any major paved road here in the USA, parts of
Mt.
> Washington are what, 22. Priests grade here has parts at 20. Nice shots
from
> the air show the grade. Reminds me of Priests grade. Marco really grinding it out at the end. Good
> action! I remember a climb called Hells Kitchen in the Tour De Pont where the riders had to get
> off and walk up the grade and some fell over climbing the grade. I always wondered how steep that
> part called Hells Kitchen was.
>
> Bruce

You must be referring to the Tour DuPont.

Hawke

"Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message >
> I remember a climb called Hells Kitchen in the Tour De Pont where the riders had to get off and
> walk up the grade and some fell over climbing the grade. I always wondered how steep that part
> called Hells Kitchen was.
>
> Bruce

The climb is called Devil's Kitchen in the Catskills area (Hell's Kitchen is a neighborhood in
Manhattan, also referred to as Clinton). The climb is about 1100 vertical in about 2 miles, for an
average grade over 10%. This climb also led to the famous Raul Alcala "cooked in da kitchen" quote,
refering to Vladislav Bobrik's loss of the leader's jersey in the Tour DuPont. (Google Devils'
Kitchen or John Verheul for the thread)

"Tony" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> "Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message >
> > I remember a climb called Hells Kitchen in the Tour De Pont where the riders had to get off and
> > walk up the grade
and
> > some fell over climbing the grade. I always wondered how steep that part called Hells
> > Kitchen was.
> >
> > Bruce
>

> The climb is called Devil's Kitchen in the Catskills area (Hell's Kitchen is a neighborhood in
> Manhattan, also referred to as Clinton). The climb is about 1100 vertical in about 2 miles, for an
> average grade over 10%. This climb also led to the famous Raul Alcala "cooked in da kitchen"
> quote, refering to Vladislav Bobrik's loss of the leader's jersey in the Tour DuPont. (Google
> Devils' Kitchen or John Verheul for the thread)

That's right, Baby Bobrik.

B-

.
> "Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message >

> (Hell'sKitchen is a neighborhood in Manhattan, also referred to as Clinton).

Clinton is what real estate agents, politicians, and tourists call Hell's Kitchen. It's marketing,
like calling little Italy, and the zone above Houston, east of Broadway, 'Nolita'.

TritonRider <[email protected]> wrote: [otto wrote:]
> >"Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message >
> >> (Hell'sKitchen is a neighborhood in Manhattan, also referred to as
> >Clinton).

> >Clinton is what real estate agents, politicians, and tourists call Hell's Kitchen. It's
> >marketing, like calling little Italy, and the zone above Houston, east of Broadway, 'Nolita'.

> Bruce, There are a bunch of Bikers that I talk with regularly that would agree with you. My guess
> is that they'd love to kick Billy boy's ass given the chance. The Heart and Soul of the original
> "Iron Horse" magazine was in Hell's Kitchen.

Bill, wake up. He isn't president anymore. You're obsessed. Anyway it was renamed "Clinton" a few
decades before a certain Southern governor (BTW, Dewitt Clinton was governor of New York). Real
estate agents have been renaming parts of New York since around the time they started putting
streets in north of Washington Square. Unless you think we should go back to calling Foley Square
"Five Points."