Who Won Stage 13?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Tom, May 22, 2003.

  1. Tom

    Tom Guest

    OLN did not carry the Giro bike race in Italy today, or at least not in our area. Who won the stage
    and how tough was it up those 18% grades near the end?

    Tom

  2. Tom

    Tom Guest

    I may have screwed up the Stage number; but, who did win today?

    Tom

  3. "Tom" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I may have screwed up the Stage number; but, who did win today?

    You are one lazy bastard.

    www.cyclingnews.com www.velonews.com www.dailypeloton.com

    etc.

    etc.

    Does anyone know what the word 'troll' means? I'd go to www.dictionary.com but i"m too lazy.

  4. "Tom" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I may have screwed up the Stage number; but, who did win today?
    >
    > Tom

    Too bad you missed that. Paul Sherwin mentioned parts as 22 and 27 percent. I haven't heard of 27 on
    any major paved road here in the USA, parts of Mt. Washington are what, 22. Priests grade here has
    parts at 20. Nice shots from the air show the grade. Reminds me of Priests grade. Marco really
    grinding it out at the end. Good action! I remember a climb called Hells Kitchen in the Tour De Pont
    where the riders had to get off and walk up the grade and some fell over climbing the grade. I
    always wondered how steep that part called Hells Kitchen was.

    Bruce

  5. Hawke

    Hawke Guest

    "Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Tom" <[email protected]t> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > I may have screwed up the Stage number; but, who did win today?
    > >
    > > Tom
    >
    > Too bad you missed that. Paul Sherwin mentioned parts as 22 and 27
    percent.
    > I haven't heard of 27 on any major paved road here in the USA, parts of
    Mt.
    > Washington are what, 22. Priests grade here has parts at 20. Nice shots
    from
    > the air show the grade. Reminds me of Priests grade. Marco really grinding it out at the end. Good
    > action! I remember a climb called Hells Kitchen in the Tour De Pont where the riders had to get
    > off and walk up the grade and some fell over climbing the grade. I always wondered how steep that
    > part called Hells Kitchen was.
    >
    > Bruce

    You must be referring to the Tour DuPont.

    Hawke

  6. Tony

    Tony Guest

    "Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message >
    > I remember a climb called Hells Kitchen in the Tour De Pont where the riders had to get off and
    > walk up the grade and some fell over climbing the grade. I always wondered how steep that part
    > called Hells Kitchen was.
    >
    > Bruce

    The climb is called Devil's Kitchen in the Catskills area (Hell's Kitchen is a neighborhood in
    Manhattan, also referred to as Clinton). The climb is about 1100 vertical in about 2 miles, for an
    average grade over 10%. This climb also led to the famous Raul Alcala "cooked in da kitchen" quote,
    refering to Vladislav Bobrik's loss of the leader's jersey in the Tour DuPont. (Google Devils'
    Kitchen or John Verheul for the thread)

  7. Bob Schwartz

    Bob Schwartz Guest

  8. "Tony" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message >
    > > I remember a climb called Hells Kitchen in the Tour De Pont where the riders had to get off and
    > > walk up the grade
    and
    > > some fell over climbing the grade. I always wondered how steep that part called Hells
    > > Kitchen was.
    > >
    > > Bruce
    >

    > The climb is called Devil's Kitchen in the Catskills area (Hell's Kitchen is a neighborhood in
    > Manhattan, also referred to as Clinton). The climb is about 1100 vertical in about 2 miles, for an
    > average grade over 10%. This climb also led to the famous Raul Alcala "cooked in da kitchen"
    > quote, refering to Vladislav Bobrik's loss of the leader's jersey in the Tour DuPont. (Google
    > Devils' Kitchen or John Verheul for the thread)

    That's right, Baby Bobrik.

    B-

  9. Otto

    Otto Guest

    .
    > "Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message >

    > (Hell'sKitchen is a neighborhood in Manhattan, also referred to as Clinton).

    Clinton is what real estate agents, politicians, and tourists call Hell's Kitchen. It's marketing,
    like calling little Italy, and the zone above Houston, east of Broadway, 'Nolita'.

  10. TritonRider <[email protected]> wrote: [otto wrote:]
    > >"Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message >
    > >> (Hell'sKitchen is a neighborhood in Manhattan, also referred to as
    > >Clinton).

    > >Clinton is what real estate agents, politicians, and tourists call Hell's Kitchen. It's
    > >marketing, like calling little Italy, and the zone above Houston, east of Broadway, 'Nolita'.

    > Bruce, There are a bunch of Bikers that I talk with regularly that would agree with you. My guess
    > is that they'd love to kick Billy boy's ass given the chance. The Heart and Soul of the original
    > "Iron Horse" magazine was in Hell's Kitchen.

    Bill, wake up. He isn't president anymore. You're obsessed. Anyway it was renamed "Clinton" a few
    decades before a certain Southern governor (BTW, Dewitt Clinton was governor of New York). Real
    estate agents have been renaming parts of New York since around the time they started putting
    streets in north of Washington Square. Unless you think we should go back to calling Foley Square
    "Five Points."