Who would you watch The TDF with if you could pick?

jhuskey

Oct 6, 2003
With all the confusion and scandal it is hard to know who will be able to compete in the tour this year let alone win, but if you had to chose four people to watch the tour with who would it be.

1- ex-pro cyclist
2- Media type, could stll be an ex-pro
3- Cyclingforums member
4- Friend

I would go with Jan because I already have some contact with him and he would have some good comments and would enjoy a good glass of wine during each stage.Maybe two glasses.

Bob Roll because I think we could have some good debates...ok arguments which would add flavor to the event.

R. of cyclingheros because I think we share similar views of the sport and he is very knowledgeable of the sport, and last but not least my wife who has great passion for the sport and would also supply us with great food.

Please add more choices if you wish. I would add a lot more but didn't want to ramble on. Merckx would also be a great choice for me.

5. a doctor

jhuskey said:
With all the confusion and scandal it is hard to know who will be able to compete in the tour this year let alone win, but if you had to chose four people to watch the tour with who would it be.

1- ex-pro cyclist
2- Media type, could stll be an ex-pro
3- Cyclingforums member
4- Friend

I would go with Jan because I already have some contact with him and he would have some good comments and would enjoy a good glass of wine during each stage.Maybe two glasses.

Bob Roll because I think we could have some good debates...ok arguments which would add flavor to the event.

R. of cyclingheros because I think we share similar views of the sport and he is very knowledgeable of the sport, and last but not least my wife who has great passion for the sport and would also supply us with great food.

Please add more choices if you wish. I would add a lot more but didn't want to ramble on. Merckx would also be a great choice for me.

Frigo's Luggage said:
My brother. He died this March while riding. I miss him.
Good choice. I was going to make a sentimental choice but didn't think this was the place for anything too serious! Your brother will be with you in spirit anyway. :)

Rolfrae said:
Good choice. I was going to make a sentimental choice but didn't think this was the place for anything too serious! Your brother will be with you in spirit anyway. :)

In that respect it would be my son that I lost in 2001, but he would rather watch football.

Bernard Hinault......he's always got something to say, which would be good especially on those flat stages which aren't always the most exciting to watch.

maybe the late great Bernard Manning...we could watch while riding our turbo trainers and tell each other jokes to while away the long hours.

Well, I have to break from the norm and go with:

1. Adriana Lima
2. Ana Barros
3. Laetitia Casta
4. Aida Yespica

And just to show that I'm not going for just the 20 somethings, let's throw in a few favorites from my teenage years:

5. Elle Macpherson
6. Cindy Crawford
7. Stephanie Seymour
8. Linda Evangelista

Somebody pass me the popcorn.................

Not with Graeme Obree, read below from http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/cycling

What he can't cope with is watching pro cycling. The Tour de France might be coming to Britain next month, but Obree will be having nothing to do with it.

"I saw it last year by accident - I was on a stag-do in Paris," he says.

"Just as the race was about to arrive, I realised that I couldn't stand to watch the guys. It sounds terrible to say it.

"But my career was cut short because of other people's drug-taking. To put it more bluntly, my career was cut short because I wouldn't take them.

"I wasn't accepted; I was considered a risk to have in a team. I was considered a loose cannon, so that was it - wallop. Persona non grata. And I couldn't even say why at the time, because I would have been sued.

"I know that there's still a big pile of it going on, and it's so hypocritical that I can't stand to watch these guys come past. Their ilk in that sport have robbed me of my career.

"During the Festina scandal in 1998, it was like, this is the scandal to end all scandals, it's all going to be cleaned up - but it hasn't been cleaned up."

I'd like to watch the TDF ...from inside a team car (any team car) on one of the great climbs.

I was fortunate to do so at the 1998 TDF when it was here in Ireland and it was superb (although the stage was relatively flat).
Getting to see the riders race close up was unforgettable.

Who would I like to watch the stage with??
I agree with the person who suggested Hinault.
I think Bernard has got some great views and he's articulate.
Better brush up on my Breton!

limerickman said:
I was fortunate to do so at the 1998 TDF when it was here in Ireland and it was superb (although the stage was relatively flat).
Getting to see the riders race close up was unforgettable.
So did you spot any track marks near their veins?

You guys aren't thinking big enough.

My picks:
1)Lance Armstrong
2)Greg Lemond
3)A rabid dog (don't ask me why, I just think that somehow this would add even more chaos to the situation)

limerickman said:
The makeup masked the the track marks.
More mythology jokes.

Aside from the post meal insulin injections, the steroids, corticosteroids, growth hormones are injected into the muscles directly (intermuscular) or into the abdominal area, subcutaneously.

These area are never viewed by a TV media camera.

Hence, no need for make up or compacts.

Only a Cooler, a sharps bucket and a medical waste disposal service.

btw: My pick for a TDF spectator pal would be a pigeon or horse breeder/ racer. They could better explain how and when the Meth amphetmines loads kick in and are laddered according to the battle plan.

You have your priorities way out of wack. You need serious help. If you have these babes, you should tape the freakin tour...

This reminds me of an old joke:

Q. Why do Canadians do it doggy style?

A. So they can both watch the hockey game.

Obviously, you can substitute Belgians and bike race for Canadians and hockey game.

QUOTE=Scotty_Dog]Well, I have to break from the norm and go with:

1. Adriana Lima
2. Ana Barros
3. Laetitia Casta
4. Aida Yespica

And just to show that I'm not going for just the 20 somethings, let's throw in a few favorites from my teenage years:

5. Elle Macpherson
6. Cindy Crawford
7. Stephanie Seymour
8. Linda Evangelista

Somebody pass me the popcorn.................[/QUOTE]

JAPANic said:
Robin Williams & Sherryl Crow.

;)

I'll go along with Robin Williams, and Scotty Dog I was talking about actually watching the race.
You need to record it in your fantasy for viewing after the girls depart.
Add Elizabeth Hurley to my list in that regard.