Who would you watch The TDF with if you could pick?

FG, "Doggie Style" is when the man sits up and begs and the wife rolls over and plays dead.
Note that I designated wife.

jhuskey said:
With all the confusion and scandal it is hard to know who will be able to compete in the tour this year let alone win, but if you had to chose four people to watch the tour with who would it be.

1- ex-pro cyclist
2- Media type, could stll be an ex-pro
3- Cyclingforums member
4- Friend

I would go with Jan because I already have some contact with him and he would have some good comments and would enjoy a good glass of wine during each stage.Maybe two glasses.

Bob Roll because I think we could have some good debates...ok arguments which would add flavor to the event.

R. of cyclingheros because I think we share similar views of the sport and he is very knowledgeable of the sport, and last but not least my wife who has great passion for the sport and would also supply us with great food.

Please add more choices if you wish. I would add a lot more but didn't want to ramble on. Merckx would also be a great choice for me.
I pick #4...... JH, you get all these guys together and I'll meet you at your house... good ol' buddy, friend, pal ! K?

:D

jhuskey said:
With all the confusion and scandal it is hard to know who will be able to compete in the tour this year let alone win, but if you had to chose four people to watch the tour with who would it be.

1- ex-pro cyclist
3- Cyclingforums member
4- Friend

I would go with Jan because I already have some contact with him and he would have some good comments and would enjoy a good glass of wine during each stage.Maybe two glasses.

Bob Roll because I think we could have some good debates...ok arguments which would add flavor to the event.

R. of cyclingheros because I think we share similar views of the sport and he is very knowledgeable of the sport, and last but not least my wife who has great passion for the sport and would also supply us with great food.

Please add more choices if you wish. I would add a lot more but didn't want to ramble on. Merckx would also be a great choice for me.
I pick #4...... JH, you get all these guys together and I'll meet you at your house... good ol' buddy, friend, pal ! K?

limerickman said:
I'd like to watch the TDF ...from inside a team car (any team car) on one of the great climbs.

I was fortunate to do so at the 1998 TDF when it was here in Ireland and it was superb (although the stage was relatively flat).
Getting to see the riders race close up was unforgettable.
Then we'll go over to Lim's. He'll get us in the team cars..... We gotta pickup Powerful Pete first.

Who are we missing ?:D

lw

lwedge said:

Then we'll go over to Lim's. He'll get us in the team cars..... We gotta pickup Powerful Pete first.

Who are we missing ?:D

lw

Ok, but you bring the Charger cheerleaders. We need some background diversion.

@jhuskey: I would love to watch the race with you (I wouldn't mind if Jan is there as well and I like the wine idea).

But I guess I will be running around with a camera most of the time and will see the race afterwards in my hotel room. Actually if I am shooting videos and/or pictures I have other things on my mind, except at last years LBL, when Boogerd (Boogie) attacked I could not keep my hands quiete and I started to cheer him up that f*cking hill, lucky enough for me... Michael was caught later so I could concentrate on Valverde crossing the line...and made some pics of it with calm hands... ( http://www.cyclingheroes.info/id95.html ). This year I will follow a few rookies. I will have a close eye on Geraint Thomas (Barloworld) and Thomas Dekker (Rabobank).

Other riders I will have a close eye on: Klöden, Kessler, Kohl and ofcourse Boogie. It's Michaels last Tour and I wish him to have a great final Tour. I will speak with Michael about the upcoming Tour on Monday.

jhuskey said:

1- ex-pro cyclist
3- Cyclingforums member
4- Friend

I defintely choose #1 - an ex pro - but to add another constraint, I'd want them to have had a reasonably sucessful career as a director as well.

Kim Andersen comes to mind.

these guys:D :D :D
hincapie1011copy.jpg