Whodunit?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Davey Crockett, Aug 20, 2003.

  1. Time to stand up and be counted.

    Who burned the Reveil Matin restaurant in Montgiron down the other day?

    Probably an rbr vegetarian

    --
    le vent a Dos

    Davey Crockett

    Tags:

  2. K. J. Papai

    K. J. Papai Guest

    message news:<[email protected]rs.com>...
    > Time to stand up and be counted.
    >
    > Who burned the Reveil Matin restaurant in Montgiron down the other day?

    Wow -- that's one of the worst split infinitives I've ever read!

    > Probably an rbr vegetarian

  3. DiabloScott

    DiabloScott New Member

    Joined:
    May 15, 2003
    Messages:
    2,284
    There is no split infinitive in either of those sentences.
    There is no valid English rule prohibiting split infinitives, it is quite acceptable to do so.

    Diablo Scott
    rbr vegetarian and grammar Nazi.

  4. Voltaire

    Voltaire Guest

    "DiabloScott" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > K. J. Papai wrote:
    > > message
    news:<[email protected]
    > > le.rogers.com>...
    > > > Time to stand up and be counted.
    > > >
    > > > Who burned the Reveil Matin restaurant in Montgiron down the other day?
    > > Wow -- that's one of the worst split infinitives I've ever read!
    > > >
    > > > Probably an rbr vegetarian
    >

    > There is no split infinitive in either of those sentences. There is no valid English rule
    > prohibiting split infinitives, it is quite acceptable to do so.
    >
    > Diablo Scott rbr vegetarian and grammar Nazi.

    You just ain't lookin in tha right dictionry. Right here in tha good ole Confederate dictionry is
    the verb, "to burn down," directly before "to burn up."

    Vol

  5. DiabloScott

    DiabloScott New Member

    Joined:
    May 15, 2003
    Messages:
    2,284
    Dear Vol:
    The phrase you quote is a split infinitive fer sure... and that's OK, but it wasn't included in the quote in the subject post.