Whooops ... whoa ... WHOA ! ... SPLASH !! (Giro)

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by J999w, May 26, 2003.

  1. J999w

    J999w Guest

    For those who saw it on today's Giro coverage know what I'm talking about.

    Funniest moment so far. A 'must' for tonight's highlight film across the globe
    !

    jw

    Tags:

  2. On 5/26/03 9:00 AM, in article [email protected], "J999w"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > For those who saw it on today's Giro coverage know what I'm talking about.
    >
    > Funniest moment so far. A 'must' for tonight's highlight film across the globe
    > !
    >
    > jw

    If a crash was "mandatory"!

    That¹s the one I want to have....... His whole team should wear muddy kits tomorrow to honor his
    acrobatics!

  3. Michael Pitt

    Michael Pitt Guest

    imagine: the only pictures your relatives see of you during the giro is you digging in the
    news:[email protected]...

  4. <[email protected]mp.net> wrote in message news:BAF788D9.42ACB%[email protected]...
    > On 5/26/03 9:00 AM, in article
    [email protected],
    > "J999w" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > For those who saw it on today's Giro coverage know what I'm talking
    about.

    > > Funniest moment so far. A 'must' for tonight's highlight film across the
    globe

    What you missed is the fact that this guy really has outstanding technical skills, managing to stay
    upright after catching somebody's rear wheel. If only he had a bit wider road, he'd never fall. And
    it is not funny. I generally like Mr. Duffield's commentary, but his "..Oooops!....fishing!..." was
    a little bit too much.

  5. Jeff Jones

    Jeff Jones Guest

    "Predrag Jovanovic" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BAF788D9.42ACB%[email protected]...
    > > On 5/26/03 9:00 AM, in article
    > [email protected],
    > > "J999w" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > > For those who saw it on today's Giro coverage know what I'm talking
    > about.
    > > >
    > > > Funniest moment so far. A 'must' for tonight's highlight film across
    the
    > globe
    >
    > What you missed is the fact that this guy really has outstanding technical skills, managing to
    > stay upright after catching somebody's rear wheel. If only he had a bit wider road, he'd never
    > fall. And it is not funny. I generally like Mr. Duffield's commentary, but his
    > "..Oooops!....fishing!..." was a little bit too much.

    His teammates cracked up though when they watched it afterwards! He basically wasn't looking and ran
    into Jorgen Bo Petersen's back wheel - ended up in a rice paddock. After the team mechanics/director
    gave him a spare bike, they all burst out laughing. He did look a sight...

    Fortunately he wasn't hurt, unlike Piccoli who did the same thing earlier and broke a few ribs(?).

    cheers, Jeff