Whoops! I done it again!

del

Guest
Today I decided to ride out with South East Essex CTC, another metric
century. Thanks to every one who was there and made me feel welcome, a
great bunch.

Nags Head Lane (Wyevale Gdn Centre) for elevenses, somewhere near
Ingrave I think, I really wasn't paying attention just following
someone else's wheel, <homer>Hmmm! Bacon hmmm teacake</homer> and then
back via Dunton, Hanningfield, Hullbridge, Rayleigh and Eastwood.
GPS says 4:51:32, avg speed 22.6 and 3424 cal.

Any tips for re-taping handlebars, mine have now given up the ghost and
are unraveling?
--
del :cool:

del wrote:

> Any tips for re-taping handlebars, mine have now given up the ghost
> and are unraveling?

Use new tape, clean off old glue and stuff. Make sure to pull the tape
tight and be careful that you don't leave gaps too big. I usually do it
so that the sticky strip goes on the bars, right next to the previous
run of tape.

I go clockwise on the right and anticlockwise on the left. Looks
neater. You can also use 2 interweaved rolls on a side. Looks nice but
a bit tricky (so I don't do it...).

--
Mike