Who's Ferrari?

powinc

New Member
Nov 2, 2003
Who's Ferrari what that next to the starting line at the Portarlington leg of the Bay Series last Fri? Robbie McEwen's?

powinc

powinc said:
Who's Ferrari what that next to the starting line at the Portarlington leg of the Bay Series last Fri? Robbie McEwen's?

powinc

doubt it. he was busy talking to the press ensuring he never gets a sponsorship form any major airline. he wasy busy whineing (no honest, he really did :rolleyes: ) to the gathered press about his morning flight delayed by Jetstar down form Brisvegas. he was struggling with the name tho. referred to them as 'Deathstar' and 'Nostars'. Having been delayed myself in the same way I see his point. It affected my criterium result dreadfully... :rolleyes:

"flyingdutch" <[email protected]
> powinc Wrote:
>> Who's Ferrari what that next to the starting line at the Portarlington
>> leg of the Bay Series last Fri? Robbie McEwen's?

> doubt it. he was busy talking to the press ensuring he never gets a
> sponsorship form any major airline. he wasy busy whineing (no honest,
> he really did :rolleyes: ) to the gathered press about his morning
> flight delayed by Jetstar down form Brisvegas. he was struggling with
> the name tho. referred to them as 'Deathstar' and 'Nostars'. Having
> been delayed myself in the same way I see his point. It affected my
> criterium result dreadfully... :rolleyes:

<cough> you get what you pay for <cough>

hippy
- happy jetstar user

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 22:47:24 +1100, powinc
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Who's Ferrari what that next to the starting line at the Portarlington
>leg of the Bay Series last Fri? Robbie McEwen's?

A bright red 360? The one that was parked near the start/finish line
in Williamstown had a "HLP" reggo. And HLP was one of the sponsors ...

Robbie arrived and left by 'plane and was driven to and from the
airport by someone from the Drapac Porsche team.

--
Regards.
Richard.

powinc said:
Who's Ferrari what that next to the starting line at the Portarlington leg of the Bay Series last Fri? Robbie McEwen's?

powinc
Why bother worrying about who owns a Ferrari?

And besides I wouldn't buy a Ferrari anyway.

nitrous said:
Why bother worrying about who owns a Ferrari?

And besides I wouldn't buy a Ferrari anyway.

i wouldnt mind going out with a guy who owned a ferrari - think of the gorgeous colnago dream I'd get for my birthday :D

it'd be worth it to go out with a ferrari driver (so long as I got to drive it too vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm) :p

it's simple really !!!

In article <[email protected]>,
"hippy" <[email protected]> wrote:

> <cough> you get what you pay for <cough>

That was my first thought. but I guess flying into Avalon would have
been a convenience for the Bay Crits.

--
Shane Stanley

"Shane Stanley" <[email protected]
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "hippy" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > <cough> you get what you pay for <cough>

> That was my first thought. but I guess flying into Avalon would have
> been a convenience for the Bay Crits.

Melbourne <-> Newcastle uses Tullamarine.
That's the only Jetstar flight I've used.

hippy

warrwych said:
i wouldnt mind going out with a guy who owned a ferrari - think of the gorgeous colnago dream I'd get for my birthday :D

it'd be worth it to go out with a ferrari driver (so long as I got to drive it too vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm) :p

it's simple really !!!
You could go out with a guy who owned a Subaru GL, who could make you up a really nice bike that fitted, and you could even get to the end of some fire access roads to go MTBing as well, because he'd be the type to know where they were, and could read a map, and is occasionally able to keep up with B grade on the tar; rather than a pseudo-Fassa Bortolo Beach Rd. show pony with lots of cash, who is unable to change a pair of cleats, and only barely a tube. His type wouldn't let you sit on their wheel for 50k's home in a headwind, or maybe I've got it completely wrong.

M"who bears no resemblance whatsoever to either of the two stereotypes outlined above, especially the first one"H

mfhor said:
You could go out with a guy who owned a Subaru GL, who could make you up a really nice bike that fitted, and you could even get to the end of some fire access roads to go MTBing as well, because he'd be the type to know where they were, and could read a map, and is occasionally able to keep up with B grade on the tar; rather than a pseudo-Fassa Bortolo Beach Rd. show pony with lots of cash, who is unable to change a pair of cleats, and only barely a tube. His type wouldn't let you sit on their wheel for 50k's home in a headwind, or maybe I've got it completely wrong.

M"who bears no resemblance whatsoever to either of the two stereotypes outlined above, especially the first one"H

gees man, I used to own a subaru, and can read a map, and make up my own really nice bike that fits, and can get to the end of fire acces trails, am a compentent cleat screwer-innerer etc etc (Unfortunately I had the soobee before I had the mtb..silly woman!) So who needs a man to do that?? Gimme a toyboy anyday for some fun and the colnago hehehe hehehe (I'm not materialistic, just want a colnago dream hehehe)

Why is it sensible shoes are better for you???? sigh........ :confused:

hippy said:
"mfhor" <[email protected]
<snip much mfhor trueness>

Sadly, mfhor, she's already left with Mr Cash Money.. $ $

jaded hippy :p

only until I score the colnago - then I'll be back (in my best Arnie accent) :p

All I want for my birthday is.. ;) (wake me when the dream is over)

hippy said:
"mfhor" <[email protected]
<snip much mfhor trueness>

Sadly, mfhor, she's already left with Mr Cash Money.. $ $

jaded hippy :p
Trading stories as to the pulchritude of cyclists sighted, Bec from CBD makes my morning if our commutes intersect on Footscray Rd. You can spot her pink Limar 911 from k's off. Me on my dirty old 26" commuter, her on her spotless carbon TCR1.

Sigh . . .

M "sticker idea: 'No non-cycling chix', hmm, too much like the infamous 'no fat chicks'; hey, as long as they ride a bike a fair bit, and eat sensibly, they can't be fat, can they?" H

p.s. whaddya want all that money for? It can't buy you good (cycling) experiences - only skill and experience and a just adequate amount can do that. A Ferrari-worth ain't adequate, it's excessive. Spend all that time getting it, no time for riding/walking/climbing/sailing. No space in your brain for fun stuff neither.

warrwych said:
gees man, I used to own a subaru, and can read a map, and make up my own really nice bike that fits, and can get to the end of fire acces trails, am a compentent cleat screwer-innerer etc etc (Unfortunately I had the soobee before I had the mtb..silly woman!) So who needs a man to do that?? Gimme a toyboy anyday for some fun and the colnago hehehe hehehe (I'm not materialistic, just want a colnago dream hehehe)

Why is it sensible shoes are better for you???? sigh........ :confused:
I thought women who wore sensible shoes were . . . oh, never mind. :D

Colnago is just an Italian(/taiwanese!) lump of carbon/al with a particular series of letters on it. I have another Italian lump of etc., et c., which rides really well, better than, worse than a Colnago? Just slightly different to, I think, having ridden both. I (and most of us studly, manly aus.bike types, come on boys, back me up here . . . fellas . . . fellas?) am definitely not, in any sense of the word, toy. Toys break. They don't do a real job. They get put in their box and tidied up by the players mummy, or driven over by daddy in the driveway. They spend more on haircuts than I spend on tyres. They buy gf a Colnago Dream, and end up screwing her best friend. Fun, yes, until you get tired of them.

I'd reckon you deserve better than that ;)

M "And now and then, I wonder where the real . . . men . . . are . . .wo wao, wo, wo, wo wo wo wo wao . . . "H

Riding along Beach Road on Sat morning, EVERY and I mean EVERY (like 7 in a row) bunch that rode past had a Colnago sitting at the back.

Nuff said!

nitrous said:
Riding along Beach Road on Sat morning, EVERY and I mean EVERY (like 7 in a row) bunch that rode past had a Colnago sitting at the back.

Nuff said!
But they were going faster than you/your bunch? :D

Get on that wheel! Suck it! Suck it hard! (with apols to Bill Hicks ;) )

M "gave up riding on Beach Rd as a pastime because of all the nuffies along it, a fair percentage of them in cars" H

mfhor said:
[...]

aaaaaaaaaaaw shucks! thanks mfhor!! hehehe I've never ridden a colnago..but saw the most gorgeous bike in a c50 in Freedom Machine's window last yr... I had to go back and clean the window...

And toys.. as you say: toys come and toys go, they break, they sit on shelves they are .. well just toys!!!! You cant take a toy seriously ( except for Buzz Lightyear.. but we'll just quietly back away from that one guys ;) )

"mfhor" <[email protected]
> hippy Wrote:
> > "mfhor" <[email protected]
> > <snip much mfhor trueness>
> >
> > Sadly, mfhor, she's already left with Mr Cash Money.. $ $
> >
> > jaded hippy :p

> Trading stories as to the pulchritude of cyclists sighted, Bec from

Dude, like where did you like learn that like crazy
english man? I'm serious, do you find strange words
in the dictionary and challenge yourself to use them
in context? :) I've never seen "pulchritude" before..
it sounds kinda horrid. At least someone is fighting
the new english... 'SMS text'. CU L8R!

hippy

warrwych said:
aaaaaaaaaaaw shucks! thanks mfhor!! hehehe I've never ridden a colnago..but saw the most gorgeous bike in a c50 in Freedom Machine's window last yr... I had to go back and clean the window...

And toys.. as you say: toys come and toys go, they break, they sit on shelves they are .. well just toys!!!! You cant take a toy seriously ( except for Buzz Lightyear.. but we'll just quietly back away from that one guys ;) )
We've got a really nice blue/lightblue Wilier Mortirolo with 10spd Ultegra, and a Pinarello Dogma w/Record in OUR window, which ain't 100 miles from a certain Freedom Machine (may not be the one you're soiling the window of) - not a sales pitch, but drool is in the mouth of the beholder, I suppose. Sometimes it's nice being inside the toybox . . . (inanimate toys - euurrgh, just had a mental image of an hypothetical male brothel: "The Toybox", with me as some degenerate, jaded pimp in a satin smoking jacket, err, workshop apron, err, now I'm confused, and the metaphor's gone all strange - euww, begone, foul thought!)

M"needs to get out on the bike more" H

mfhor said:
We've got a really nice blue/lightblue Wilier Mortirolo with 10spd Ultegra, and a Pinarello Dogma w/Record in OUR window, which ain't 100 miles from a certain Freedom Machine (may not be the one you're soiling the window of) - not a sales pitch, but drool is in the mouth of the beholder, I suppose. Sometimes it's nice being inside the toybox . . . (inanimate toys - euurrgh, just had a mental image of an hypothetical male brothel: "The Toybox", with me as some degenerate, jaded pimp in a satin smoking jacket, err, workshop apron, err, now I'm confused, and the metaphor's gone all strange - euww, begone, foul thought!)

M"needs to get out on the bike more" H

noice bikes mfhor!! both also on my dream list.. and in blue too .. sigh... Am going to have to take a walk to your window and muss it up too!! The C50 was in Chapel St before FM opened the new store...

what size is the mortirolo??? maybe I can blow out the mortgage?? hehehe

and.. do you hand out mars bars in your satin smoking jacket, er I mean, with your wiliers by chance ??? :p