Who's going to AC/DC?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by steve, Feb 11, 2010.

1. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

Is anyone here going to AC/DC this weekend? We're going Saturday night :D

Tags:

2. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

Taniwha claims to be AC/DC, so he's already gone.

3. gman0482

gman0482 Member

I was planning on going to the Disturbed concert, but then I found out that I had to have black finger nails, a black trench coat, and actually be disturbed.

I have a hard enough time just trying to be a real cyclist, nevermind trying to be disturbed...

AC/DC would be cool to go see though.

4. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

I've always dug "Squealer". It's a pretty damned intense scrog song. I think AC/DC went downhill after Bon Scott went tits up. Choking on vomit is a popular rock star escape route to the ethereal plane. That's a tough road to roll down, especially if the vomit's not your own.

Cool vomit story: when I was a paramedic, I once responded to a call re: a lady passed out in someone's lawn. When we arrived, she were awake and about half way through drinking her own vomit from a 32 oz. plastic 7-Eleven cup. I'll give her credit: she finished every last chunk, every single drop. A cop had to leave as the scene was about to make him fill his own cup. The lesson here is that if you pay for booze, you better do everything you can to maximize every mouthful of liquor, even if that means having the liquor go down a second or third time.

As it happens, the lawn in which the lady passed out was the mayor's.

If there's one thing that everyone should have to do once in their lifetime, it's watching someone drink vomit. It illustrates perfectly what "rock bottom" looks like.

Later, if anyone's interested, I can talk about how I once had to work quickly as vomit erupted from a prone, immobilized patient, to remove said vomit with one of my gloved hands. When you work in medicine, you accumulate great vomit stories.....which brings us back to Bon Scott and AC/DC: I hope Bon didn't choke on said vomit as he drank it. It's much better to pass out and have it pile up in your mouth and pack your trachea. Which brings me back to the concert and makes me wonder how intense an AC/DC concert can be these days. The guys are getting close to old enough to go on pension.

5. kdelong

kdelong Well-Known Member

So are the Who. I saw them during the Super Bowl halftime show and they really look OLD. Happens to the best of us though, I guess. How about the Rolling Stones or the Eagles? They get upwards of US$125.00 per seat for their concerts.

6. frenchyge

frenchyge New Member

I just hope none of those guys choke on their vomitted geritol on the tour. That's just no way to go.....

7. Scotttri

Scotttri Member

Would have gone to the WA one, but im on night shift and my shift partner beat me to it, someone has to keep the mine maintained, so I gotta cover for him :mad: