Who's going to lose time on Tuesday?

perhaps an outside chance for george hincapie? bmc needs a stage win because i dont think theyre dumb enough to throw all their eggs into evans winning the gc.

would have been a perfect stage for boonen. flecha and hushovd are also good bets.

i see sky and cervelo having some tough choices to make. flecha and hushovd can win, but at what cost to wiggins and sastre? euskatel will have a tough time i imagine protecting sanchez as well.

cant wait to see this one unfold.

vitamin s said:
perhaps an outside chance for george hincapie? bmc needs a stage win because i dont think theyre dumb enough to throw all their eggs into evans winning the gc.

would have been a perfect stage for boonen. flecha and hushovd are also good bets.

i see sky and cervelo having some tough choices to make. flecha and hushovd can win, but at what cost to wiggins and sastre? euskatel will have a tough time i imagine protecting sanchez as well.

cant wait to see this one unfold.

BMC have quite a few who are suited to this stage

Scotttri said:
BMC have quite a few who are suited to this stage

Absolutely! This is probably their best chance for a stage win. Spartacus will probably need to soft pedal (or organise a riders strike) on the pavé, so as not to put the schleck bros into difficulty.

I'd like to see Hincapie finally win a race like todays stage :cool: they have 3 others who are handy on the pavé.

Alessandro Ballan
Marcus Burghardt
Karsten Kroon

Evans is the best placed GC man after the third stage. Nice position.
Only A.Schleck and Evans didn't lose time. But Andy won't be so satisfied. Saxo lost tactical advantage they've had.
Armstrong's mechanical could cost him place on the podium. Basso was fairly far behind, he'll fight for the podium too.
Contador said before that one minute is acceptable. He can be satisfied then.

i think evans did a superb job today. did a nice job up front and even took a few pulls out front. also got lucky/good strategy (?) keeping hincapie in the quiver for the hills to come instead of burying himself on the pave.