• Oh yes! he's gonna win it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No way man! not Lance.

Votes: 23 100.0%

• Total voters

waki

Apr 14, 2003
I think LANCE is gonna' win it again so guys let's get this thread rolling:D

Well, I wouldn't want to have to go up against him as a big-time team or pro rider. The beauty of the Tour--and the drama--is seeing how it all shakes out, stage by stage. Heroes--for a stage, for a time, and who wants to be the first--or the last in the race--to wear the yellow jersey?

well i think its not possible to say right now that lance will win... many things can happen crashes,punctures,bad luck everything... we'll have to wait until the end of the tour to see who wins... and lance may win or may not we'll see

I have mixed feelings...

I'd love for Tyler or Levi to win. It seems to me that a bit of arrogance has crept into Lance's demeanor - you can sense it in his interviews. Perhaps it was even a factor in his marital breakup. Shades of the pre-cancerous Lance from big, bad Texas!!!

That said, nobody trains as hard as Lance, and nobody seems to be able to suffer as much. I certainly wouldn't deny him a fifth Tour. When I'm standing on the Alpe d'Huez cheering him on, I'll let you know if anyone else did...

I think Lance has got it. Did anyone else notice his performance in the ITT today at the Dauphine L.? Ulrich has been out of racing too long. Pantani has been out of racing too long. All of the little climbers don't have the TT power. And you can't ignore the USPS team. The addition of Beltran is also great. I predict the usual ass whooping. Lance rolls into Paris with 4+ minutes on the field.

i would like to think it would be Jan Ullrich, but to be perfectly honest i dont think he has the racing in his legs, but i think it will be closer than expected. Jan for 2nd!!! Also i'm not sure if i would class 4 minutes over 3000 odd Km as an Ass Whooping!?? If i could finish that closely to him after that far i would the happiest person alive.
Cheers

Tyler was a junior member on my old race team, CCB, back in Northshore Boston in the late 80s, so I'm hoping that he takes the TdF. He sure is working hard, and it's been an "uphill" battle, but I think he has the drive to perservere and take the victory.

Good Luck Tyler!

Tyler Hamilton's Website

CCB Race Team

Cheers,

I think Lance will win....

More importantly....I'll be able to let you know in real time....turns out my trip to Paris coincides with the finish -- sorry to brag.

:)

Based on early results, Lance is ready to do it again. Personally, I like Tyler Hamilton and hope he does well.

Originally posted by CA90290
Based on early results, Lance is ready to do it again. Personally, I like Tyler Hamilton and hope he does well.

If I were a betting man, my money would be on Lance. But I'd still be cheering for Tyler. :D

Lance! Yeah, he's gotten a little arrogant, but I think he has the "palmares" to back it up. Of course, the unexpected can happen, but Armstrong's very cautious and of course, experienced. Cockiness is, after all, just a step beyond self-confidence. All the best athletes hava touch of it, even if they manage to publicly suppress it.

Ulrich may challenge (new Bianchi team), and his team is blowing a lot of smoke about being happy if he just wins a stage (we've heard THAT before!) but I'd put my money on Lance.

Lance is hard to tip against. Will be interesting to see how the podium shapes up. Will Belocki remain bridesmaid? Will Tyler or Botero or Levi step up? Is Ullrich ready for a big race yet? Can't wait till it starts...

yea.....

i do think lance is favourite...but anything can happen....

there are so many riders this year who can cause trouble though.....

botero....(minus his usual bad day and no longer with kelme in the ttt)

salvoldelli..evans(wont be there broken colllarbone..)..vino... can all cause trouble on the climbs....can tt...telekom is looking pretty good too with guerini and Yakovlev if they ride..

caucchiolli...recovered from illness/opp solid climber comin into form.... noe too...

once.....team looks better than last year.. ..beloki...galdeano..nozal..zarrabeitia..jaschke..serrano..pradera......

basso is another year further on.....looked good last year....

ullrich...who knows....does look super fit though....doubt he has the miles....

will the french actually put up a challenge...chavennel..casar..martinez...maybe some surprises??...sorry hopefully....

simoni...if he goes....does anyone know yet?...but is his team good enough...

then the usual kelme/banesto/euskatel riot......KoM will go here i think...

and maybe more ive missed....

im always optomistic for the tour...hopefully ill not be let down for the centenary....PLEASE!!!!!

lets get some attacking goin!!!!!.....

un po divertimenti.......

:p

Does anybody know anything about Belocki's current form? I haven't seen any of his recent results.