Who's got a Camelback ????

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Centurian Ooo'Y, Apr 20, 2003.

  1. If so .....

    How much water collects at the bottom through condensation ???

    Tags:

  2. James Hodson

    James Hodson Guest

    On Sun, 20 Apr 2003 17:01:35 +0100, "Centurian Ooo'yabass" <Centurian_Ooo'[email protected]> wrote:

    Sorry, Centurian, I've never given one away.

    James

    --
    Watch the kite, not where you're going!

  3. Centurian Ooo'yabass wrote:
    > If so .....
    >
    > How much water collects at the bottom through condensation ???

    I have a Da Kine water "camel pack", I can't think the Camelback is much different.

    Despite that I'm not clear on what you mean about condensation. Are you talking about the water
    container or the bag itself? Water collects at the bottom of the water container due to gravity :)
    the bag should have no water in it otherwise the container is breached. Failing that, can you be a
    be bit more specific?

    --
    StainlessSteelRat "Being happy is something you have to learn. I often surprise myself by saying
    'Wow, this is it. I guess I'm happy. I got a home I love. A career that I love. I'm even feeling

  4. Hi Stainless,

    Got a Camelback Cloudwalker ... When I fill the reservoir and put it in the camelback.. after a
    while water starts to leak through... quite a bit of water,

    I have taking to put the reservoir in a plastic bag then in the camelback itself, typically I can
    get a mug to two mugs of leakage / condensation ... is this normal ??? or is it another lemon
    purchase from Edinburgh cycles ???

    news:[email protected]...

  5. Centurian Ooo'yabass wrote:
    > Got a Camelback Cloudwalker ... When I fill the reservoir and put it in the camelback.. after a
    > while water starts to leak through... quite a bit of water,
    >
    > I have taking to put the reservoir in a plastic bag then in the camelback itself, typically I can
    > get a mug to two mugs of leakage / condensation ... is this normal ??? or is it another lemon
    > purchase from Edinburgh cycles ???

    I can't be 100% sure because obviously I don't have exactly the same thing, but a leaky water
    bag sounds wrong to me! As far as I can see they are very simple anyway. Bag with water,
    connected to hose with valve. Second "rucksack" fits around bag with water. So as I said before,
    if the water bag is leaking I can't logically see how this is an expected feature or even an
    acceptable minor failing.

    Can you remove the water bag itself and check for leaks?

    --
    StainlessSteelRat Lois: Hey Francis. How's school? Francis: Oh, couldn't be better, mom! My new
    roommate showed me how to kill mice with a hammer yesterday, so between that and the general

  6. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    "Centurian Ooo'yabass" <Centurian_Ooo'[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > I have taking to put the reservoir in a plastic bag then in the camelback itself, typically I can
    > get a mug to two mugs of leakage / condensation ... is this normal ??? or is it another lemon
    > purchase from Edinburgh cycles ???

    That's leakage, not condensation, and no of course it's not normal. Fill the inner bag, dry
    the outside and leave it on the draining board. Can you see where it's leaking from? Has it
    leaked from new?

    --
    Dave...

  7. Steve Hatton

    Steve Hatton Guest

    I have a Camelbak Mule.

    Wouldn`t be without it, but the first time I filled and used it, I had the same problem.

    Found that it was leaking from the screw in filler plug. I this proves to be the problem with yours
    also, just smear a little Vaseline round the thread - problem solved.

    --

    Greetings from The Slapster in Cornwall, UK

    Rome did not create a great empire by having meetings. They did it by killing all those who
    opposed them.

    http://www.slapster.org.uk

    "Dave Kahn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Centurian Ooo'yabass" <Centurian_Ooo'[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > > I have taking to put the reservoir in a plastic bag then in the
    camelback
    > > itself, typically I can get a mug to two mugs of leakage / condensation
    > > is this normal ??? or is it another lemon purchase from Edinburgh cycles
    ???

    > That's leakage, not condensation, and no of course it's not normal. Fill the inner bag, dry the
    > outside and leave it on the draining board. Can you see where it's leaking from? Has it leaked
    > from new?
    >
    > --
    > Dave...

  8. Seven.Out

    Seven.Out Guest

    I've got a Lobo and there's no leaking whatsoever.. Can't be normal

    "Dave Kahn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Centurian Ooo'yabass" <Centurian_Ooo'[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > > I have taking to put the reservoir in a plastic bag then in the
    camelback
    > > itself, typically I can get a mug to two mugs of leakage / condensation
    > > is this normal ??? or is it another lemon purchase from Edinburgh cycles
    ???

    > That's leakage, not condensation, and no of course it's not normal. Fill the inner bag, dry the
    > outside and leave it on the draining board. Can you see where it's leaking from? Has it leaked
    > from new?
    >
    > --
    > Dave...

  9. Mick Haddock

    Mick Haddock Guest

    I think the newer bladders (Omega?) are a bit dodgy.

    Sometimes mine leaks a little from the screw-top opening if I don't do it up really tight. The older
    bladders were more forgiving.

    Also I found the mine tended to leak between the join at the bottom the big bladder and the water
    tube. So I pulled the tube off, and cut a little bit off to get to some unstretched/tighter tube,
    then put it back on. Seemed to do the trick.

    "seven.out" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I've got a Lobo and there's no leaking whatsoever.. Can't be normal
    >

    > "Dave Kahn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > "Centurian Ooo'yabass" <Centurian_Ooo'[email protected]> wrote in
    message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > >
    > > > I have taking to put the reservoir in a plastic bag then in the
    > camelback
    > > > itself, typically I can get a mug to two mugs of leakage /
    condensation
    > > > is this normal ??? or is it another lemon purchase from Edinburgh
    cycles
    > ???
    > >
    > > That's leakage, not condensation, and no of course it's not normal. Fill the inner bag, dry the
    > > outside and leave it on the draining board. Can you see where it's leaking from? Has it leaked
    > > from new?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Dave...

  10. "Centurian Ooo'yabass" <Centurian_Ooo'[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I have taking to put the reservoir in a plastic bag then in the camelback itself, typically I can
    > get a mug to two mugs of leakage / condensation ... is this normal ??? or is it another lemon
    > purchase from Edinburgh cycles ???

    They're not normally known for sending out lemons (actually I have no mail order experience with
    them, having lived close to the shop for 4 years). I imagine they'll sort it out for you.