Who's got a Camelback ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Centurian Ooo'Y

If so .....

How much water collects at the bottom through condensation ???

On Sun, 20 Apr 2003 17:01:35 +0100, "Centurian Ooo'yabass" <Centurian_Ooo'[email protected]> wrote:

Sorry, Centurian, I've never given one away.

James

--
Watch the kite, not where you're going!

Centurian Ooo'yabass wrote:
> If so .....
>
> How much water collects at the bottom through condensation ???

I have a Da Kine water "camel pack", I can't think the Camelback is much different.

Despite that I'm not clear on what you mean about condensation. Are you talking about the water
container or the bag itself? Water collects at the bottom of the water container due to gravity :)
the bag should have no water in it otherwise the container is breached. Failing that, can you be a
be bit more specific?

--
StainlessSteelRat "Being happy is something you have to learn. I often surprise myself by saying
'Wow, this is it. I guess I'm happy. I got a home I love. A career that I love. I'm even feeling
more and more at peace with myself.' If there's something else to happiness, let me know. I'm
ambitious for that, too." -- Harrison Ford

Hi Stainless,

Got a Camelback Cloudwalker ... When I fill the reservoir and put it in the camelback.. after a
while water starts to leak through... quite a bit of water,

I have taking to put the reservoir in a plastic bag then in the camelback itself, typically I can
get a mug to two mugs of leakage / condensation ... is this normal ??? or is it another lemon
purchase from Edinburgh cycles ???

"StainlessSteelRat" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Centurian Ooo'yabass wrote:
> > If so .....
> >
> > How much water collects at the bottom through condensation ???
>
> I have a Da Kine water "camel pack", I can't think the Camelback is much different.
>
> Despite that I'm not clear on what you mean about condensation. Are you talking about the
> water container or the bag itself? Water collects at the bottom of the water container due to
> gravity :) the bag should have no water in it otherwise the container is breached. Failing
> that, can you be
a
> be bit more specific?
>
> --
> StainlessSteelRat "Being happy is something you have to learn. I often surprise myself by saying
> 'Wow, this is it. I guess I'm happy. I got a home I love. A career that I love. I'm even feeling
> more and more at peace with myself.' If there's something else to happiness, let me know. I'm
> ambitious for that, too." -- Harrison Ford
>

Centurian Ooo'yabass wrote:
> Got a Camelback Cloudwalker ... When I fill the reservoir and put it in the camelback.. after a
> while water starts to leak through... quite a bit of water,
>
> I have taking to put the reservoir in a plastic bag then in the camelback itself, typically I can
> get a mug to two mugs of leakage / condensation ... is this normal ??? or is it another lemon
> purchase from Edinburgh cycles ???

I can't be 100% sure because obviously I don't have exactly the same thing, but a leaky water
bag sounds wrong to me! As far as I can see they are very simple anyway. Bag with water,
connected to hose with valve. Second "rucksack" fits around bag with water. So as I said before,
if the water bag is leaking I can't logically see how this is an expected feature or even an
acceptable minor failing.

Can you remove the water bag itself and check for leaks?

--
StainlessSteelRat Lois: Hey Francis. How's school? Francis: Oh, couldn't be better, mom! My new
roommate showed me how to kill mice with a hammer yesterday, so between that and the general
atmosphere of simmering homoeroticism, I think I'm really starting to turn around.

"Centurian Ooo'yabass" <Centurian_Ooo'[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> I have taking to put the reservoir in a plastic bag then in the camelback itself, typically I can
> get a mug to two mugs of leakage / condensation ... is this normal ??? or is it another lemon

That's leakage, not condensation, and no of course it's not normal. Fill the inner bag, dry
the outside and leave it on the draining board. Can you see where it's leaking from? Has it
leaked from new?

--
Dave...

I have a Camelbak Mule.

Wouldn`t be without it, but the first time I filled and used it, I had the same problem.

Found that it was leaking from the screw in filler plug. I this proves to be the problem with yours
also, just smear a little Vaseline round the thread - problem solved.

--

Greetings from The Slapster in Cornwall, UK

Rome did not create a great empire by having meetings. They did it by killing all those who
opposed them.

http://www.slapster.org.uk

"Dave Kahn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> "Centurian Ooo'yabass" <Centurian_Ooo'[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> > I have taking to put the reservoir in a plastic bag then in the
camelback
> > itself, typically I can get a mug to two mugs of leakage / condensation
> > is this normal ??? or is it another lemon purchase from Edinburgh cycles
???
>
> That's leakage, not condensation, and no of course it's not normal. Fill the inner bag, dry the
> outside and leave it on the draining board. Can you see where it's leaking from? Has it leaked
> from new?
>
> --
> Dave...

I've got a Lobo and there's no leaking whatsoever.. Can't be normal

"Dave Kahn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> "Centurian Ooo'yabass" <Centurian_Ooo'[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> > I have taking to put the reservoir in a plastic bag then in the
camelback
> > itself, typically I can get a mug to two mugs of leakage / condensation
> > is this normal ??? or is it another lemon purchase from Edinburgh cycles
???
>
> That's leakage, not condensation, and no of course it's not normal. Fill the inner bag, dry the
> outside and leave it on the draining board. Can you see where it's leaking from? Has it leaked
> from new?
>
> --
> Dave...

I think the newer bladders (Omega?) are a bit dodgy.

Sometimes mine leaks a little from the screw-top opening if I don't do it up really tight. The older
bladders were more forgiving.

Also I found the mine tended to leak between the join at the bottom the big bladder and the water
tube. So I pulled the tube off, and cut a little bit off to get to some unstretched/tighter tube,
then put it back on. Seemed to do the trick.

"seven.out" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> I've got a Lobo and there's no leaking whatsoever.. Can't be normal
>
>
> "Dave Kahn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "Centurian Ooo'yabass" <Centurian_Ooo'[email protected]> wrote in
> >
> > > I have taking to put the reservoir in a plastic bag then in the
> camelback
> > > itself, typically I can get a mug to two mugs of leakage /
condensation
> ...
> > > is this normal ??? or is it another lemon purchase from Edinburgh
cycles
> ???
> >
> > That's leakage, not condensation, and no of course it's not normal. Fill the inner bag, dry the
> > outside and leave it on the draining board. Can you see where it's leaking from? Has it leaked
> > from new?
> >
> > --
> > Dave...

"Centurian Ooo'yabass" <Centurian_Ooo'[email protected]> wrote in message

They're not normally known for sending out lemons (actually I have no mail order experience with
them, having lived close to the shop for 4 years). I imagine they'll sort it out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.