Who's got a new bike, then?

Just Zis Guy

Guest
I went into A W Cycles in Reading yesterday and was warmly thanked for sending a new customer along,
so who's the lucky bloke with the new bike?

I bought a pair of last season's Simano M057 boots in a size big enough to wear walking boot socks -
blissfully warm toes riding to church this morning :)

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> I went into A W Cycles in Reading yesterday and was warmly thanked for sending a new customer
> along, so who's the lucky bloke with the new bike?

It is me. Thanks for the recommendation. Rikki was excellent help.
--
Michael MacClancy

Michael MacClancy wrote:

> It is me. Thanks for the recommendation. Rikki was excellent help.

Aha! Well done, what did you buy? Should I be jealous, or insanely jealous? :)

--
Guy
===

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> Aha! Well done, what did you buy? Should I be jealous, or insanely jealous? :)

I don't think you need to be jealous but I'm not sure whether I should reveal the nature of my
purchase yet. I'm sure to be passed by expert riders who will make comments like, "Nice bike, shame
he can't ride it." I would rather remain anonymous on the road for a while!

Suffice to say, it's light and has the potential for speed, rider permitting. Just the thing for my
triathlon intentions. It's like nothing I've ever ridden before.

However, for a while I'm going to have a stiff neck looking out over my shoulder for crumblies who
threaten to pass me on fully laden tourers made out of cast iron drain pipes! ;-)

--
Michael MacClancy

Michael MacClancy wrote:

> However, for a while I'm going to have a stiff neck looking out over my shoulder for crumblies who
> threaten to pass me on fully laden tourers made out of cast iron drain pipes! ;-)

Heh! You're safe from me, anyway - my bike is made from aluminium drainpipe
:)

--
Guy
===

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

> Heh! You're safe from me, anyway - my bike is made from aluminium drainpipe :)

That's even worse. I mean, when you pass me I'll see nothing but burning tar!
--
Michael MacClancy