Who's got a new bike, then?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Just Zis Guy, Feb 16, 2003.

  1. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    I went into A W Cycles in Reading yesterday and was warmly thanked for sending a new customer along,
    so who's the lucky bloke with the new bike?

    I bought a pair of last season's Simano M057 boots in a size big enough to wear walking boot socks -
    blissfully warm toes riding to church this morning :)

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

    Tags:

  2. Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
    > I went into A W Cycles in Reading yesterday and was warmly thanked for sending a new customer
    > along, so who's the lucky bloke with the new bike?

    It is me. Thanks for the recommendation. Rikki was excellent help.
    --
    Michael MacClancy

  3. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    Michael MacClancy wrote:

    > It is me. Thanks for the recommendation. Rikki was excellent help.

    Aha! Well done, what did you buy? Should I be jealous, or insanely jealous? :)

    --
    Guy
    ===

  4. Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
    > Aha! Well done, what did you buy? Should I be jealous, or insanely jealous? :)

    I don't think you need to be jealous but I'm not sure whether I should reveal the nature of my
    purchase yet. I'm sure to be passed by expert riders who will make comments like, "Nice bike, shame
    he can't ride it." I would rather remain anonymous on the road for a while!

    Suffice to say, it's light and has the potential for speed, rider permitting. Just the thing for my
    triathlon intentions. It's like nothing I've ever ridden before.

    However, for a while I'm going to have a stiff neck looking out over my shoulder for crumblies who
    threaten to pass me on fully laden tourers made out of cast iron drain pipes! ;-)

    --
    Michael MacClancy

  5. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    Michael MacClancy wrote:

    > However, for a while I'm going to have a stiff neck looking out over my shoulder for crumblies who
    > threaten to pass me on fully laden tourers made out of cast iron drain pipes! ;-)

    Heh! You're safe from me, anyway - my bike is made from aluminium drainpipe
    :)

    --
    Guy
    ===

  6. Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

    > Heh! You're safe from me, anyway - my bike is made from aluminium drainpipe :)

    That's even worse. I mean, when you pass me I'll see nothing but burning tar!
    --
    Michael MacClancy