Who's out tomorrow then?

Paul

Guest
Just had a look at the forecast for tomorrow and, whilst it doesn't look
great, I have a ride planned in the morning and will probably go out very
early. I just fancy having a spin when it's quiet and hopefully before the
'new bike brigade' emerge. Will anyone else from the ng be out tomorrow?

Best wishes to everyone for a safe and happy Christmas.

Paul

"Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Just had a look at the forecast for tomorrow and, whilst it doesn't look
> great, I have a ride planned in the morning and will probably go out very
> early. I just fancy having a spin when it's quiet and hopefully before the
> 'new bike brigade' emerge. Will anyone else from the ng be out tomorrow?

Hope so. Planning my first 'leisure ride' for about 3 months.

Paul wrote:
> Just had a look at the forecast for tomorrow and, whilst it doesn't look
> great, I have a ride planned in the morning and will probably go out very
> early. I just fancy having a spin when it's quiet and hopefully before the
> 'new bike brigade' emerge. Will anyone else from the ng be out tomorrow?
>
> Best wishes to everyone for a safe and happy Christmas.
>
> Paul

Yes I hope to do about 50 miles.

Paul composed the following ...
> Just had a look at the forecast for tomorrow and, whilst it doesn't look
> great, I have a ride planned in the morning and will probably go out very
> early. I just fancy having a spin when it's quiet and hopefully before the
> 'new bike brigade' emerge. Will anyone else from the ng be out tomorrow?

We're taking my sons, my brother and his son and two other children out
Trials (motorbike) riding .. but we'lll also have three mountain bikes and
three BMX bikes strapped on the trailer too .. ;)

We wanna get _really_ muddy ... ;)

> Best wishes to everyone for a safe and happy Christmas.

And to you and yours.

--
Paul ...
http://www.4x4prejudice.org/index.php

Well, provided I can get the turkey in early enough...

I'll be trying out Mr. Frosty!

Cheers, helen s
(who hasn't stopped grinning like a demented idiot all afternoon...)

h*$el*$$e*nd**$o$ts**i*$*$m*m$o*n*s@$*a$o*l.c**$om$

Nope, haven't got time tomorrow unfortunately...but I will get in an
hours run somewhere.

I will however be out Boxing day.

--
Mark (MSA)
Remember, half the people you know are below average

> Well, provided I can get the turkey in early enough...

Hmm.. I'll be out before all of you then as I'll be cycling home from
church after midnight communion..

Won't get much of any sort of long ride[1] in as I am suffering a code
id de dose and feeling somewhat under the weather (despite the snow
lying thin and slushy outside).

...d

[1] Long ride: one which I would get dressed up in cyclign togs for..

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 20:40:54 +0000, David Martin
<[email protected]>:

>I'll be out before all of you then as I'll be cycling home from
>church after midnight communion..

Lucky you. Midnight mass on Christmas Eve is one of my favourite
services of the year, but it's on hold until the apprentices are a bit
older.

Guy
--
"then came ye chavves, theyre cartes girded wyth candels
blue, and theyre beastes wyth straynge horn-lyke thyngs

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 20:40:54 +0000, David Martin
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> <[email protected]>:
>

>>I'll be out before all of you then as I'll be cycling home from
>>church after midnight communion..

> Lucky you. Midnight mass on Christmas Eve is one of my favourite
> services of the year, but it's on hold until the apprentices are a bit
> older.

The weans are staying put with t'other half. Should all be asleep for me
to do my Santa bit when I get back.

...d

>Lucky you. Midnight mass on Christmas Eve is one of my favourite
>services of the year, but it's on hold until the apprentices are a bit
>older.
>
>Guy

My favourite service is one held at the Catholic church in Swaffham. Sadly not
held this year due to shortage of priest in another town.. The church has, for
many years now, held a late afternoon Christmas mass aimed primarily for
children. It's a happy service, full of song and quite light, where all the
kids go to the front, sit round the altar & the Christmas story is read out.
It's a really friendly, warm event, even for this non-Catholic. At the end all
the kids would get a small present. Lovely.

Festive cheers, helen s

h*$el*$$e*nd**$o$ts**i*$*$m*m$o*n*s@$*a$o*l.c**$om$

MSA wrote:

> I will however be out Boxing day.

I had planned to have a spin up Holme Moss on Boxing day... but I've
bust my collar-bone in Tesco's slimey car park. I mention this as my
contribution to the "Festive Cheer"... 'cos everyboby I've told seems to
find it very amusing - including the quack in A&E. However, I do have a
list of names and will be working on the wax effigies (as soon as I have
two arms working, of course)

As Mr Larrington so succinctly puts it.... Bah!

Happy Christmas everybody.
Steve

David Martin wrote:
> dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers wrote:
>
>> Well, provided I can get the turkey in early enough...

> Hmm.. I'll be out before all of you then as I'll be cycling home from
> church after midnight communion..

But thats illegal.

According to the Holy Days Act of 1551 (which has not been repealed)
everyone must attend church on Christmas Day and must no use any type of
vehicle.

I guess since your journey commences on Dec 24th you'll be OK ;-)

Paul wrote:
> Just had a look at the forecast for tomorrow and, whilst it doesn't

look
> great, I have a ride planned in the morning and will probably go out

very
> early. I just fancy having a spin when it's quiet and hopefully

before the
> 'new bike brigade' emerge. Will anyone else from the ng be out

tomorrow?

Yes, I'll be out tomorrow cycling to work again. Last night's ride home
was interesting. An old woman walked out in front of my bike as she
crossed the road at 2245 out of a pub.

Before I reached her she fell as if hit by a bullet and smashed her
head on the road. I stopped my bike and another bloke down the road
stopped the cars reaching her. I walked into the pub to get help and a
man came out with a mobile phone and called for an ambulance.

We both carried her to the pavement and lay her down and a woman gave
her a coat. Her forehead had a nasty gash like a glass bowl that has a
"star crack" in it. I could do no more so headed off into the 50 mph
head wind past the Infirmary where an ambulance was heading the
opposite way. I do hope she is OK.

It restored my faith in human nature. She had four good Samaritans in
less than a minute.
--
Simon M.

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 21:03:24 +0000, Whazzarke wrote:

> MSA wrote:
>>
>> I will however be out Boxing day.
>>

> I had planned to have a spin up Holme Moss on Boxing day... but I've
> bust my collar-bone in Tesco's slimey car park. I mention this as my
> contribution to the "Festive Cheer"... 'cos everyboby I've told seems to
> find it very amusing - including the quack in A&E. However, I do have a
> list of names and will be working on the wax effigies (as soon as I have
> two arms working, of course)
>
> As Mr Larrington so succinctly puts it.... Bah!
>
> Happy Christmas everybody.
> Steve

Ouch! Sorry to hear about the collarbone. I broke mine about 10 weeks ago
and now it's right as rain.
--
Michael MacClancy

Paul wrote:
> Just had a look at the forecast for tomorrow and, whilst it doesn't

look
> great, I have a ride planned in the morning and will probably go out

very
> early. I just fancy having a spin when it's quiet and hopefully

before the
> 'new bike brigade' emerge. Will anyone else from the ng be out

tomorrow?

Hopefully. I was intending to cycle or run today (May still run
actually!), but failing that I will definately be out for a potter at
some point.

I'll be representing the 'old bike brigade'. I'm currently riding the
fixer and the frame that it's based on is almost certainly older than
me. ;-)

Jon

MSeries wrote:
> David Martin wrote:
>
>> dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers wrote:
>>
>>> Well, provided I can get the turkey in early enough...

>> Hmm.. I'll be out before all of you then as I'll be cycling home from
>> church after midnight communion..
>>

> But thats illegal.
>
> According to the Holy Days Act of 1551 (which has not been repealed)
> everyone must attend church on Christmas Day and must no use any type of
> vehicle.

I don't think attendance is obligatory, but use of a vehicle is indeed
forbidden. It may however have been superseded by some other act
regarding religious freedom. It isn't a traffic offence in any case.

And then I'll be out on the village green doing my archery practice on
Boxing day, and probably being arrested for carrying an offensive weapon..

...d

MSeries <[email protected]> wrote:

| David Martin wrote:
| > dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers wrote:
| >
| >> Well, provided I can get the turkey in early enough...
| >

| > Hmm.. I'll be out before all of you then as I'll be cycling home from
| > church after midnight communion..
| >
| But thats illegal.
|
| According to the Holy Days Act of 1551 (which has not been repealed)
| everyone must attend church on Christmas Day and must no use any type of
| vehicle.
|
| I guess since your journey commences on Dec 24th you'll be OK ;-)

[cross-posted with the other uk.r.c]

Never heard of that. Opinions on the kosheryness?

--
Patrick Herring, http://www.anweald.co.uk/ph.html

David Martin wrote:

> I don't think attendance is obligatory, but use of a vehicle is indeed
> forbidden. It may however have been superseded by some other act
> regarding religious freedom. It isn't a traffic offence in any case.

Its the Holy Days and Fasting Days Act 1551 and it is obligatory (still)
and moreover if you park a vehicle near the church it should be
appropriated and sold for the poor under a law passed by George III in 1780.

> And then I'll be out on the village green doing my archery practice on
> Boxing day, and probably being arrested for carrying an offensive weapon..

As long as you stick to archery, leaping or vaulting on Christmas Day as
all other sports are illegal under the Unlawful Games Act of 1541. If
you have to go to work, make sure its someone else's job as doing your
own job on Christmas Day (1677) is also illegal as is eating a Christmas
Dinner of more than three course (Long Parliament 1646), Christmas
Pudding and Mince Pies (Henry VIII, 1536)

So enjoy Christmas ;-)

Tony

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 17:21:45 -0000, "Tony W"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Just had a look at the forecast for tomorrow and, whilst it doesn't look
>> great, I have a ride planned in the morning and will probably go out very
>> early. I just fancy having a spin when it's quiet and hopefully before the
>> 'new bike brigade' emerge. Will anyone else from the ng be out tomorrow?

>Hope so. Planning my first 'leisure ride' for about 3 months.

I will be with you in spirit [1] but will need to spend at least some
of the day building a new wheel, otherwise I will be sans velo for the
whole of the Christmas period.

Merry Christmas everyone

John T.
[1] pun intended
Remove the singers of Spam before replying

> "Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> Just had a look at the forecast for tomorrow and, whilst it doesn't look
> great, I have a ride planned in the morning and will probably go out very
> early. I just fancy having a spin when it's quiet and hopefully before

the
> 'new bike brigade' emerge. Will anyone else from the ng be out tomorrow?

It was under consideration and this morning in Leicester is bright and clear
but after windsurfing yesterday the old limbs are aching so I'll postpone
until tomorrow (Boxing day), unless, of course, I get fed up looking out the
window at the beautiful morning and decide to immerse myself in it properly.
Hmm....I ought at least to check tyre pressures, and think how clear the
roads will be....

To those who are riding today, have a good one.
Pete