Whos willing to share their bent purchase mistakes?

whatbrakes

Apr 26, 2005
Lets hear about what you purchased and why it was a mistake. What did you end up with, either bike or parts? The truth shall set you free;)

whatbrakes said:
Lets hear about what you purchased and why it was a mistake. What did you end up with, either bike or parts? The truth shall set you free;)
Well... I got those !@#$%^& LX STI shifters. They stunk. Neither I nor the shop that sold them could get them to index on more than 3 gears out of the nine on the cassette. I replaced them with Attacks, which instantly gave me all 9 with nary a tweak.

And then there were the Stelvios. On the first one, the rubber peeled off the shoulder in strips. I crashed while cornering, probably because there was no rubber there anymore. Second one developed a nasty-looking bulge. Third one had the cord delaminate, making an 'S'-curve on the tread in one spot. No more Stelvios. Now I use Comets for training and Contis for fast rides.

I put Continental tires on my recumbent trike. I usually got a flat once a month.

I changed them out and have not regretted the move.

Catrike Road #116

Cats just don't feel safe on a moving bicycle, no matter how much duct tape you use.