Whose who at Kona 24-hour

Rhino-x

New Member
Sep 29, 2005
Time to put more 'names-to-faces'........so who is heading up, and in what catergory (Rhino.....Felt Racing, Team of 3).

Rhino-x said:
Time to put more 'names-to-faces'........so who is heading up, and in what catergory (Rhino.....Felt Racing, Team of 3).
I'm racing threesomes too (team REC).

Rhino-x said:
Time to put more 'names-to-faces'........so who is heading up, and in what catergory (Rhino.....Felt Racing, Team of 3).
Racing in a Team of 2...... ummmmmm dont even know the name!! will find out later on today I think.

Team of 6 blokes - Fast Eddie and the Hustlers. From here, me plus the lurker on his touring bike. Hoping that we do as well as last year which was better than half way up our category, but not concerned if we don't.
Weather's looking good, hopefully a light sprinkling before the race to settle the dust.

Rhino-x said:
Team REC........first initial of your first names?
just checked out the website..... team "Southport", Michael Pine and Damien Waddington..... have no idea what the Southport stands for......

just hoping not to break anything.... :) on the bike or on me.

Rhino-x said:
Time to put more 'names-to-faces'........so who is heading up, and in what catergory (Rhino.....Felt Racing, Team of 3).

I'm one of six in "Chain sore mass acres".

"Rhino-x" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Time to put more 'names-to-faces'........so who is heading up, and in
> what catergory (Rhino.....Felt Racing, Team of 3).
>
> --
> Rhino-x

I am not racing in this one unfortunately.......

I hear on the grapevine that Rhino might not be picking his nose with a
certain busted finger for a while??? Gonna share the goss or was it too
embarrasing???

Gags

Gags.....news travels fast, but as you know 'chinese wispers' change a few things. It was another FELT rider that broke his hand in a freak accident. He had a small fall, but was holding the end of the handlebars when the bike went down, breaking the bone in palm of his hand....ouch! So now our team of four, is a team of three...........RHINO lives on....intact.......for now.

Will you be coming up for a look, to prepare for SOLO next year?

is it true that endurence courses are - generally speaking - easier than straight XC cource layouts?

I've been finding Vic series XC courses kinda difficult in places.... :eek:

Marx SS.......you view is correct. Endurance courses have to meet certain criteria to be able to run, in terms of length and technical ability. The edurance events are call 'participation' events so that the 'average' rider can ride the entire course (Kona 24 will have A and B lines through the tech stuff). XC races are designed to be ridden by the above average rider, hence why there is often carnage in the SPORT classes.

Now, I know your going to ask....what is an 'average' rider. I can't answer that, no-one can..........there lies a problem.

Nah, that's cool, I can understand that it can be open to interpretation.
I suppose i should front up for a few endurence events & go from there.
Think one's coming up in Jan, here's hoping for a cool spell.

All the best for the event.

Rhino-x said:
Marx SS.......you view is correct. Endurance courses have to meet certain criteria to be able to run, in terms of length and technical ability. The edurance events are call 'participation' events so that the 'average' rider can ride the entire course (Kona 24 will have A and B lines through the tech stuff). XC races are designed to be ridden by the above average rider, hence why there is often carnage in the SPORT classes.

Now, I know your going to ask....what is an 'average' rider. I can't answer that, no-one can..........there lies a problem.
this if my first ever MTB event of any form... and I was a bit worried about this as I converted over from MTB to road/triathlon... so dont do as much any more, but a few rides and my skills are coming back slowly, but I figured this course could not be tooooo technical seen as they would have corporate teams/kids and such.... really looking forward to the night riding... should be a blast.... I love riding at night.....

"Rhino-x" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Gags.....news travels fast, but as you know 'chinese wispers' change a
> few things. It was another FELT rider that broke his hand in a freak
> accident. He had a small fall, but was holding the end of the
> handlebars when the bike went down, breaking the bone in palm of his
> hand....ouch! So now our team of four, is a team of
> three...........RHINO lives on....intact.......for now.
>
> Will you be coming up for a look, to prepare for SOLO next year?
>
> --
> Rhino-x

Not sure if I will get a leave pass or not.....have done a few races of late
and the better half is letting me know about it. It has been really
tempting to see all the people looking for extra team members but I don't
think I will get away with it unfortunately.

Hope all goes well and the weather is kind

Ride On,

Gags