WHSmith

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Richard Bates, May 17, 2004.

  1. (the newsagent not the butcher)

    Today the Birmingham City Centre branch had what looked like
    the start of a clearance sale. There was a selection of maps
    (OS-UK and overseas) with prices ranging from £1 to £2.

    I'm sure you fellow URC folk can cope with slightly ripped
    covers, although many were in mint condition (presumably
    older editions).

    Happy hunting...
    --
    Young Musician of the Year 2004 was a fiddle

    Tags:

  2. Sean

    Sean Guest

    Richard Bates <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > (the newsagent not the butcher)
    >
    > Today the Birmingham City Centre branch had what looked
    > like the start of a clearance sale. There was a
    > selection of maps (OS-UK and overseas) with prices
    > ranging from £1 to £2.
    >
    > I'm sure you fellow URC folk can cope with slightly ripped
    > covers, although many were in mint condition (presumably
    > older editions).
    >
    > Happy hunting...

    Young Musician of the Year 2004 was a violation..... (sorry)

  3. On 17 May 2004 16:39:51 -0700, [email protected] (sean) wrote:

    >Richard Bates <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:<[email protected]>...
    >> (the newsagent not the butcher)
    >>
    >> Today the Birmingham City Centre branch had what looked
    >> like the start of a clearance sale. There was a
    >> selection of maps (OS-UK and overseas) with prices
    >> ranging from £1 to £2.
    >>
    >> I'm sure you fellow URC folk can cope with slightly
    >> ripped covers, although many were in mint condition
    >> (presumably older editions).
    >>
    >> Happy hunting...
    >
    >Young Musician of the Year 2004 was a violation.....
    >(sorry)

    Oh do "pizz" off .... (even sorrier)

    --

  4. On 17 May 2004 16:39:51 -0700, [email protected] (sean) wrote:

    >Richard Bates <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:<[email protected]>...
    >> (the newsagent not the butcher)
    >>
    >> Today the Birmingham City Centre branch had what looked
    >> like the start of a clearance sale. There was a
    >> selection of maps (OS-UK and overseas) with prices
    >> ranging from £1 to £2.
    >>
    >> I'm sure you fellow URC folk can cope with slightly
    >> ripped covers, although many were in mint condition
    >> (presumably older editions).
    >>
    >> Happy hunting...
    >
    >Young Musician of the Year 2004 was a violation.....
    >(sorry)

    Oh do "pizz" off .... (even sorrier)

    --

  5. Richard Bates <[email protected]> writes:
    >>Young Musician of the Year 2004 was a violation.....
    >>(sorry)
    >
    > Oh do "pizz" off .... (even sorrier)

    You sound pretty brassed off, but there's no need to trumpet
    your disapproval: really, it's just tuba'd.

    -dan "if you've got it, flautist"

    --
    "please make sure that the person is your friend before
    you confirm"

  6. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    "Daniel Barlow" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Richard Bates <[email protected]> writes:
    > >>Young Musician of the Year 2004 was a violation.....
    > >>(sorry)
    > >
    > > Oh do "pizz" off .... (even sorrier)
    >
    > You sound pretty brassed off, but there's no need to
    > trumpet your disapproval: really, it's just tuba'd.

    I've no tympani for your bass and viol allegations so stop
    harping on about it and go and put the kettle on as a cymbal
    of your contrition. If not there could be re-percussions

    Tony