Why America is so great!!!!!!!

el Inglés said:
I sometimes have to wonder if the world has benefited .

ps The Wright bros were the first to achieve POWERED flight , gliders had been flying in europe for a period of years before .
Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone - I was always told he was a Scot .
Henry Ford invented the production line but cars had been made all over the world in factories for years before that . ( his " any colour as long as it´s black " was due to using the new , quick drying , cellulose paint - only available in black . )
As the first computer seems to have been built in England as a code breaker during the war does that count as part of the internet ?
TV is a bit more problematic as there were a number of systems that were tried before the modern format was developed - none possible without the vacumn tube ( tv screen ? ) developed before the war for the new Radar .

An Englishmen by the name of Tim Berners-Lee is generally credited with the invention of the internet. Henry Ford did not invent the production line although he is often credited with this, in fact what he did was to specify all of the components that are not made on the production line such that the sub-suppliers made a standard part, these parts could then be delivered to the production line and quickly assembled, massively speeding up the production rate. Another famous invention given the US for it's support during the war was the Jet engine invented by Frank Whittle in about 1930 (I think).

Bikerman2004 said:
I didn't know Al Gore was an Englishman.

I think I can speak for most Tennesseeans by saying "the Brit's are welcome to take credit for Al Gore .if they wish to".

MitchV said:
An Englishmen by the name of Tim Berners-Lee is generally credited with the invention of the internet. Henry Ford did not invent the production line although he is often credited with this, in fact what he did was to specify all of the components that are not made on the production line such that the sub-suppliers made a standard part, these parts could then be delivered to the production line and quickly assembled, massively speeding up the production rate. Another famous invention given the US for it's support during the war was the Jet engine invented by Frank Whittle in about 1930 (I think).
Tim Berners-Lee invented the World Wide Web, which is an application of the Internet, not the Internet itself. The Internet was a product defence research into constructing robust networks that would withstand nuclear attack.

Sadly true. All the more reason to dump the dems and repubs for a libertarian

limerickman said:
Nannystate-ethos appears to be the norm.
Choices and rights are being undermined in this country too.

zapper said:
When some evil dictator is invading your country who are you going to call? France, Germany, Ireland , Canada???? NO, you will call the United States of America.

Ummm.....and who do you call when the United States of America is invading your country?

szbert said:
SuzyQ,
That's a lot of allegations without factual documentation.
Plus, we whacked a lot of scumbags in our own interest. You're just jealous you didn't to the same things, first.

Now sip from the pitcher of Kool-aid.

ahhh.. the world would be so much more a happier place if America confined its own interests within its own borders. A brief look at the later half of the last century has seen one mess after another thanks to American intervention undertaken "in their own interests" Its called imperialism, its an old idea thats past its prime and its not conducive to peaceful relations with your neibours. It will however, incite those without any other means to launch chicken **** retaliatory attacks (terrorism) and some claim they are justified in doing so. Want to win the war on so-called terrorists? Try working with the international community to address its root cause instead of being the big ***** on the block.

What is with this kool aid fetish thing you got going anyway? makes no sense to 99% of the people on this post.

birdman23 said:
How about inventing the telephone, the first airplane, the automobile industry, the Internet, the television, Global Positioning, etc. etc.

These are all great advances that the entire world has benefited from.
Hold on, i dont know if anyone poined this out, but America DIDN'T INVENT ANY of those things.

But they are all great advances indeed. (just not American ones)

szbert: Re: "commie libs, EuroPeons and other useful idiot's postings are ignored as they are not worth my valuable time.
Have a nice day."

Still not ignoring us ehh???? We still getting to you??? LOL

szbert said:
SuzyQ,
That's a lot of allegations without factual documentation.
Plus, we whacked a lot of scumbags in our own interest. You're just jealous you didn't to the same things, first.

Now sip from the pitcher of Kool-aid.

pomod said:
ahhh.. the world would be so much more a happier place if America confined its own interests within its own borders. ... Want to win the war on so-called terrorists? Try working with the international community to address its root cause instead of being the big ***** on the block.

What is with this kool aid fetish thing you got going anyway? makes no sense to 99% of the people on this post.

Ah. Root cause. But first thing to note is the terrorists do not apply null option. If the United States had not intervened, where would the terrorists be today?

Kool Aid is a reference to Jim Jones who convinced his followers to drink KCN spiked Kool Aid. Over 900 died/were killed.

Just you Pomod. You're still so cute with your little 'opinions'

Keep going!:)

I don't know if anyone pointed this out, but you're a liar.
They were all invented in America, by Americans.
But folks from the inconsequential mini-states like - oh hell, you're subjugated to a queen like some 12th century serf. You'll never get it.

MountainPro said:
Hold on, i dont know if anyone poined this out, but America DIDN'T INVENT ANY of those things.

But they are all great advances indeed. (just not American ones)

szbert said:
I don't know if anyone pointed this out, but you're a liar.
They were all invented in America, by Americans.
But folks from the inconsequential mini-states like - oh hell, you're subjugated to a queen like some 12th century serf. You'll never get it.
You really are an ignorant little racist, arent you...why so angry?

You get your history lessons from Hollywood where Americans invented the Television, the Telephone where they recovered the Enigma machine and so ended WW2 and where Americans discoved the cure for all illnesses, invented philsophy, culture, art, freedom and are the bringers of peace and joy.

Sounds like sour grapes to me. Are all of your opinions and posts so laughably inaccurate because I feel embarrased for you.

You should just shut up, people are pissing themselves at you.

MountainPro said:
You really are an ignorant little racist, arent you...why so angry?

You get your history lessons from Hollywood where Americans invented the Television, the Telephone where they recovered the Enigma machine and so ended WW2 and where Americans discoved the cure for all illnesses, invented philsophy, culture, art, freedom and are the bringers of peace and joy.

Sounds like sour grapes to me. Are all of your opinions and posts so laughably inaccurate because I feel embarrased for you.

You should just shut up, people are pissing themselves at you.

Let him post away - MountainPro.
He proves the point every time, he posts.

Why is america so great? Because MountainPro and limerickman are on the other side of the pond. All the good ones came here, nothing left but jealous slackers.

Weisse Luft said:
Why is america so great? Because MountainPro and limerickman are on the other side of the pond. All the good ones came here, nothing left but jealous slackers.
hey,

i am just pointing out some dead-heads brainless ramblings thinking America invented everything...ever.

perhaps you agree with him?

MountainPro said:
hey,

i am just pointing out some dead-heads brainless ramblings thinking America invented everything...ever.

perhaps you agree with him?

No, the United States didn't invent everything. But look at Marin County, California. Birthplace of the mountain bike. 26" wheels are still the standard.

Who was first to cross the Atlantic? First non-stop, no refuel flight around the world? Only country to land a man on the moon? First private venture into space?

Sure, Pasteur discovered vaccinations, Fleming antibiotics. But the B707 was a far superior plane to the DeHavilland Comet.

Weisse Luft said:
But the B707 was a far superior plane