Why an EasyRacers !

Robert Siegel

Guest
This is excerpted FYI from the Easyracers forum ... obviously, I loved it. ;-))

[q2]>> > You and Freddy have put together the[/q2]
best statement of WHY
[q1]> a GRR that I've ever read. I'm gonna save it, frame it and use it[/q1]
whenever the occasion arises.
[q1]> It cannot be said any better.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Gator Bob Siegel[/q1]

Subject: Why a GRR!

[q1]> ... here is a bit of a rant, which I think is why most Easy Racers owners have[/q1]
[q1]> chosen our bikes, and expressed very well by Fast Freddy himself. He says:[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> "There's no doubting the straight line unfaired speed advantage that lowracers[/q1]
[q1]> have over say a unfaired lwb bike like a Gold[/q1]
Rush.
[q1]> But what's great about the lwb design is that it's a great platform to[/q1]
start
[q1]> with from a stability standpoint. By the time you put a body sock on one[/q1]
you
[q1]> now have a fast bike that just about anybody can master and ride in all kinds of conditions. From[/q1]
[q1]> a drag racing point of view I cannot think of a better performer out of the hole than a low bb lwb[/q1]
[q1]> bike (crossing busy streets are an everyday drag race where those first few pedal strokes[/q1]
better
[q1]> count!). Any drag race I've ever lost was to an upright or another lwb low bb bike. The position[/q1]
[q1]> allows for major power to the pedals either out of[/q1]
the
[q1]> hole or climbing. The last race I saw in Battle Mtn had all the low racers finish at the[/q1]
[q1]> back...behind the lwb low bb bikes. Maybe it wasn't their[/q1]
kind
[q1]> of course...now don't anybody get me wrong on this I'm not disrespecting anyone I'm just pointing[/q1]
[q1]> out that lwb bikes can and do spell performance....at least the ones I know of....to be continued.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> I'm sure[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Freddy"[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Do you understand the gist of this? It means that people (including Freddy) ride[/q1]
[q1]> Easy Racers not because they are the very fastest thing on earth, but because[/q1]
[q1]> they are fast, comfortable and safe (try[/q1]
saying
[q1]> that about your lowracer). And I have yet to hear of anyone doing much successful touring on a[/q1]
[q1]> lowracer.[/q1]

And ... Karl Marx and Che Guevara rode low racers. So what happened to them? ;-))

--
Gator Bob Siegel EasyRacers Ti Rush "Thomas Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Robert Siegel wrote:[/q1]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> > ... they [Easy Racers] are fast, comfortable and safe (try saying that >[/q2]
about your lowracer)....
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> My Earthcycles Sunset Lowracer [TM] is fast, comfortable, and safe.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Tom Sherman - Quad Cities USA (Illinois side) RANS "Wavewind"/63, RANS Rocket, Sunset Lowracer[/q1]
[q1]> No. 3, and.[/q1]

When I got my first GRR I laid the seat back to the max because that was the power position on my
Taifun and P-38. However, I quickly learned that Gardner and Freddy are right: an upright seat
produces maximum power on the GRR.

--
Gator Bob Siegel EasyRacers Ti Rush
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Tom reminded me of something that every Easy racer owner should know and that is when you need max[/q1]
[q1]> power you lean as far forward as you can. In fact your chin should be getting close to the[/q1]
[q1]> handlebars crossbar. This is what gives your body the 125-135 degrees or whatever it is to[/q1]
[q1]> generate the most power, but Toms right, your body needs the hip angle for max power. Whenever you[/q1]
[q1]> lean the seatback way back not only do you lose power but you also sacriface the handling on the[/q1]
[q1]> bike because the front end is now even lighter and it dosen't need to be any lighter. I see a lot[/q1]
[q1]> of people with the seat tilted to far back. So try this...tilt the seatback upright a little more[/q1]
[q1]> and remember to lean forward when you need power and when your just cruising easy then lean back[/q1]
[q1]> or slouch a little bit in the seat.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Freddy[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]

"Robert Siegel" skrev ...
[q1]> And ... Karl Marx and Che Guevara rode low racers. So what happened to them? ;-))[/q1]

They became heroes of the proletariat?

Mikhail

Gator Bob wrote:

[q1]> And ... Karl Marx and Che Guevara rode low racers. So what happened to them? ;-))[/q1]

Not sure about Karl, but Ernesto "Che" Guevara was, in 1968, persuaded to give up smoking in favour
of a lucrative career as a photographic model by the lick-spittle lackeys of gangster imperialism?

Professor of History, Leicester Institute of Brick-Throwing

He'd have done much better if he had a decent make up person.

--
Gator Bob Siegel EasyRacers Ti Rush

Ernesto "Che" Guevara was, in 1968, persuaded to
[q1]> give up smoking in favour of a lucrative career as a photographic model by the lick-spittle[/q1]
[q1]> lackeys of gangster imperialism?[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Dave Larrington - http://legslarry.crosswinds.net/[/q1]
[q1]> Professor of History, Leicester Institute of Brick-Throwing[/q1]