WHY ARE SOME CYCLISTS SO STUPID?!?!?!?

I would much rather ride my bike on the sidewalk than on the road. all it takes is somone not paying attention and swerves even just a little to hit you. F that! You absolutely belong on the sidewalk and people need to stop being so ignorant to others and start being courteous and move the F over.

katherine25 said:
I would much rather ride my bike on the sidewalk than on the road. all it takes is somone not paying attention and swerves even just a little to hit you. F that! You absolutely belong on the sidewalk and people need to stop being so ignorant to others and start being courteous and move the F over.
Pedestrian collisions are far more likely to happen . Bike do not belong on sidewalks since they are vehicles.

coolcamaro12 said:
It simply amazes me how stupid some cyclists can be. I am riding along on the sidewalk going down a hill (about 13mph to be safe because I know the sidewalk is a bit narrow), and I go around the corner and see a person up ahead. I thought it was no big deal since he would move to the left and I would move to the right. This would provide adequate space to pass. this person though it was fine to stay right in the middle of the sidewalk. I am forced to go to the right on the sidewalk as far as possible and almost completely got my tire wedged in between the corner of the sidewalk and grass! (Btw you could never ride the road in this part of town you would be murdered by the drivers here...they're absolutely insane and don't know how to handle going down hills). Yeah so that's my story....:mad:
Some cyclists are really stupid because they're human. Generally, humans are really stupid creatures. But they still have all the same rights as the rest of us. So, I believe, your best bet is to stay as far away from them as possible. That **** can be contagious.

Some people are really stupid. You have your cyclists and your drivers with extremists on both sides. I enjoy cars and bikes so I see it from both sides. At the end of the day no matter what your vehicle of choice may be, a little common courtesy goes a long way. Share the road goes both ways.

kana_marie said:
Some cyclists are really stupid because they're human. Generally, humans are really stupid creatures. But they still have all the same rights as the rest of us. So, I believe, your best bet is to stay as far away from them as possible. That **** can be contagious.
I attempt to avoid humans and am glad I am not one. Just lucky I guess.

There is no property inherent in bike riding that produces stupid people. It's just that a certain portion of the population only uses their head as a hat-rack, not as a thinking machine. You will get as many stupid people on bikes as you would in a car.

The main problem I see is the ego. Most of the "less intelligent" cyclists have the mental prowace, but lack the consideration to ride safely. They tend to hog the road and take stupid chances under the pretense that they have rights over pedestrians and motorists.

It is the person themselves, not the cyclist. Some people may have deficiencies, or mental retardation. Beg their pardon, if they get hit, it is truely their fault.

jhuskey said:
Pedestrian collisions are far more likely to happen . Bike do not belong on sidewalks since they are vehicles.
Plus the fact that it's illegal in many places for an adult to ride a bike on a sidewalk.

Handlebar mounted laser disintegration phasers would resolve the pedestrian dilemma - we as cycling snobs can refer to them as "redshirts" and laugh as we boast to our cycling friends about taking them out ... And their little digs too ...

Or just use caution and courtesy ....

Where I live, it's only illegal state-wide in a business district, but some town by-laws ban it entirely if you're over 14 years old.

I don't mind people using their bikes to get around, what bothers me is when there is a bike lane or a sidewalk available, and yet we are stuck behind the guy in his competitive spandex refusing to use either. There should be a little thing still called common sense, or better yet, common courtesy. Again I am all for the people using their bikes as their primary transportation, but the road is still used for motorists, and most of us like to go over the speed of 10 MPH..

Bikes do not belong on sidewalks and will be on the road and have been on the road well before cars were invented.

GHawk318 said:
I don't mind people using their bikes to get around, what bothers me is when there is a bike lane or a sidewalk available, and yet we are stuck behind the guy in his competitive spandex refusing to use either. There should be a little thing still called common sense, or better yet, common courtesy. Again I am all for the people using their bikes as their primary transportation, but the road is still used for motorists, and most of us like to go over the speed of 10 MPH..
Tough ****. Take an extra 30 seconds and wait until there's no oncoming traffic, and pass me. At a safe distance. I don't live for your convenience.

I need to get myself some of that"competive spandex". Mine is just the regular type.