Why are some so scared to post

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by gpickett00, Apr 4, 2004.

  1. gpickett00

    gpickett00 Guest

    I see dozens of people from time to time that have been registered since
    jan. 2003 and they've only posted about 9 times. You all should post,
    youre most likely cool people with imput.

    --
    gpickett00 - I can ride with just one foot!!!!!!

    Bicycle is just a short way of saying unicycle with a training wheel.
    'Our unicycling video' (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuv95)
    > I like to do things that confuse other people - mix chocolate milk and
    > orange juice, read books in trees, and other junk like that.

    gpickett00's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5654

  2. James_Potter

    James_Potter Guest

    Maybe they don't live on the internet, like the rest of us hermits.

    --
    James_Potter - ***** ***** *****

    -When life gives you lemons, make grape juice. Then sit back and watch
    the world try to figure out how you did it.-

  3. gpickett00

    gpickett00 Guest

    possibly, but they should at least say something

    --
    gpickett00 - I can ride with just one foot!!!!!!

    Bicycle is just a short way of saying unicycle with a training wheel.
    'Our unicycling video' (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuv95)
    > I like to do things that confuse other people - mix chocolate milk and
    > orange juice, read books in trees, and other junk like that.

    gpickett00's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5654

  4. I find that my views are often already voiced by one or more posters by
    time I get to the thread, so I don't even bother.

    I also agree that a lot of people might not spend much time online or,
    more specifically, on these forums.

    And I think that some people are just "chattier" than others. Even
    though I check for new posts a dozen times a day, I tend to lurk and
    just read.

    It's a mystery, really.

    --
    Allen Wittman - Funny Like A Funeral
    Allen Wittman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5171

  5. rabbidous

    rabbidous Guest

    Maybe I don't spend a lot of time posting... but I do spend a lot of
    time learning from others... I haven't felt the need to contribute to
    anything yet.

    As soon as I see something that I feel I could help with (Although I've
    only been uniing since january) I will certainly post then.

    Otherwise, I'll retreat back into the shadows and watch from a
    distance.

    -rabbidous

    --
    rabbidous

    The Great Rabbidous has spoken. Muah ha ha haaaaaaaaaa.
    rabbidous's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5583

  6. peculiar

    peculiar Guest

    Normally before i post, i'll do a search first. Most of the time the
    search will provide me with what i want to know, so i just don't post
    much :D

    --
    peculiar - muni newbie

    -Simplicity is beauty-
    peculiar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4290

  7. peculiar

    peculiar Guest

    Normally before i post, i'll do a search first. Most of the time the
    search will provide me with what i want to know, so i just don't post
    much :D

    --
    peculiar - muni newbie

    -Simplicity is beauty-
    peculiar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4290

  8. thinuniking

    thinuniking Guest

    I don't post much any more my unicycle life is good and i don't need any
    help i have a great muni, i want an onza hub/cranks for the trials i
    know it fit's ect ect so i am good the only reason i come on at the mo
    is because the moab pictures are being posted. Remember that some people
    have more then 1 name like me i don't use the other one at all i can't
    even remember what it is let alone the password!
    Ben

    --
    thinuniking - muni person.(muddy)

    My girlfriend's mum calls me circus boy!
    thinuniking's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4294

  9. johnfoss

    johnfoss Guest

    peculiar wrote:
    > *Normally before i post, i'll do a search first. Most of the time the
    > search will provide me with what i want to know, so i just don't post
    > much :D *

    AMEN!! So a lot of the "lurkers" out there might be smarter than the
    ones who frequently jump in with common questions.

    I believe a lot of the readers of these forums are looking for
    information, and don't necessarily have anything to say (yet). That's
    why we're putting it up here, for people to read.

    --
    johnfoss - Home of the Garage Page

    John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
    "jfoss" at "unicycling.com"
    www.unicycling.com

    "Hey, could I have some of that spinach? I need to get this pork rind
    taste out of my mouth." -- Ryan Atkins to Kris Holm, on the way back
    from Moab after sampling some of my pork rinds. They grossed out the
    whole van!

  10. gpickett00

    gpickett00 Guest

    i have just started searching before asking witghin the last few weeks.
    shhhh dont tell people to do that then the forums will die.:)

    --
    gpickett00 - I can ride with just one foot!!!!!!

    Bicycle is just a short way of saying unicycle with a training wheel.
    'Our unicycling video' (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuv95)
    > I like to do things that confuse other people - mix chocolate milk and
    > orange juice, read books in trees, and other junk like that.

    gpickett00's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5654

  11. treepotato

    treepotato Guest

    how can anyone not want to post its know fun if you don't anyone out
    there who is reading this but hasn't posted a message themselves don't
    worry nobody will laugh at you (only with you!)
    and once you start posting you can't stop!
    or as the pringles man with the italian moustache would say:

    'once you pop you can't stop!'

    ;)

    --
    treepotato - No brakes, No limits.........Felix

    Some unicycles can give nasty pedal bites.....i still have the scars to
    prove it
    treepotato's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3942

  12. KJ-52

    KJ-52 Guest

    I think it's funny how a few people who i've never seen post before
    posted responses to this questions........ I think this whole thread was
    a trick to bring them out of hiding!!

    Andrew

    ps. all of yous who haven't shown yourselves yet, run, while theres
    still time!!!!!

    --
    KJ-52 - unicycler

    Originally posted by Logan_A.
    Note this e-mail is baKsed oJn -a sto5ry a2nd mIay bSe fictKional oEr
    conWtain fictiLonal elements. This should also not have been read by any
    younger riders.

    Can you find the hidden message?

    KJ-52's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5614

  13. GILD

    GILD Guest

    KJ-52 wrote:
    > *I think it's funny how a few people who i've never seen post before
    > posted responses to this questions........ I think this whole thread
    > was a trick to bring them out of hiding!!*

    maybe not so much a trick as a friendly 'invitation?'
    (http://tinyurl.com/28sgr)
    :)

    --
    GILD - Waffle-tosser (ocfopgm)

    -ORIGINALLY POSTED BY A FELLOW UNICYCLIST IN A MOMENT OF SUBLIME
    INSIGHT-

    "On the subject of 'significant others' it is a matter of timing and
    topic whether 'significant' or 'other' is the defining word in that
    phrase."
    '[image: http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/sp/84255.gif]'
    (http://tinyurl.com/ywxgb)
    Namaste!