why are the russians so goddamn flakey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"SMMB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Or is Tiger Woods, a Thai-American, going in another direction ?

I guess I don't follow you here. It isn't the golfers or the average Americans who are making some
big deal out of the fact that Tiger Woods is black/Thai. This is all a Liberal Media event.

The rest of us, for the most part don't much care whether or not someone is black, white or yellow
as long as we don't have to worry about our pockets being picked.

Robert, surely you realize that there are a lot of perfectly normal reasons that someone in the USA
wouldn't think that you're an Amerian until you started talking. And it's changing with the advent
of people other than middle American white folk on TV giving EVEN asians and blacks the idea that
America is "whites only".

As for myself, I figure that it all just takes time. Before WW II my people were the blacks and
weren't allowed in schools. Now I'm the white evil enemy. Who knew? Given enough time you too can be
the white evil enemy.

"Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> SMMB wrote:
> > "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> a écrit
> >> SMMB wrote:
> >>> Get it straight - he is a citizen of Kazakhstan, and he is NOT Kazakh. Russian, Kazakh, Uzbek,
> >>> Uyghur, Tadjik, German, Ukrainian, and others are all officially recognized ethnicities within
> >>> the country, included on the passports of citizens of that country, and none of them changes a
> >>> Russian into a Kazakh.
> >>
> >> Hmmm. Are you saying that although I'm a citizen of the U.S. I can never be an American? If so,
> >> you're not alone.
> >>
> >> Get your new bike yet?
> >
> > Nyet ! of course not. I think that all the hyphenated-Americans (at least if they wish to be)
> > represent the same result, even if not by official policy.
>
> Depending on how you count these things, my wife's roots in France are shallower than mine in the
> U.S. yet no one thinks of her as hyphenated-French. As an aside, because she occasionally works in
> Third World countries some people here in France thought she'd picked me up on one of her travels
> to Asia, sort of like a wood carving or a colorful article of clothing, I would hope, rather than
> like amoebic dysentery or schistosomiasis. As soon as I opened my mouth one of them, startled,
> asked me, "How is it that you learned to speak with an American accent?"
>
> > Yes, it's here, and together. Last weekend's Levallois randonnée offered wet roads, so it didn't
> > go out, but this morning, showing +8 and sun, still - I think it will be born.
>
> You don't ride on wet roads? That must cut down a bit on your opportunities.
>
> We'll have to go riding when the sun's out.

"SMMB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>
> I also have lots of good to say about the Aspide saddle. Virtually unpadded, but fits my bones
> perfectly. On the other hand, I am not sure I like Time Impact pedals. I may go back to LOOK, if I
> can't get used to them.

But man it is like sitting on a block of iron.

Robert Chung wrote:
> Depending on how you count these things, my wife's roots in France are shallower than mine in the
> U.S. yet no one thinks of her as hyphenated-French. As an aside, because she occasionally works in
> Third World countries some people here in France thought she'd picked me up on one of her travels
> to Asia, sort of like a wood carving or a colorful article of clothing, I would hope, rather than
> like amoebic dysentery or schistosomiasis. As soon as I opened my mouth one of them, startled,
> asked me, "How is it that you learned to speak with an American accent?"

I hope she didn't tell them she picked you up in a asian **** shop

Donald Munro wrote:
> Robert Chung wrote:
>> Depending on how you count these things, my wife's roots in France are shallower than mine in the
>> U.S. yet no one thinks of her as hyphenated-French. As an aside, because she occasionally works
>> in Third World countries some people here in France thought she'd picked me up on one of her
>> travels to Asia, sort of like a wood carving or a colorful article of clothing, I would hope,
>> rather than like amoebic dysentery or schistosomiasis. As soon as I opened my mouth one of them,
>> startled, asked me, "How is it that you learned to speak with an American accent?"
>
> I hope she didn't tell them she picked you up in a asian **** shop

Hmmm. I sorta wish she did.

Benjamin Weiner wrote:
>
>
> If you're really trying to make Legate mad, this is way too much work, just come out with it and
> call him an American (U.S. variety).
>
If he's going to be a tard and get all ad hominum on me, he's already lost the arguement (whatever
it was about). I can't be mad about that.

So SMMB (if that's your real name), your points will be valid when they start reporting race results
by referring to a riders ethnic background. Until then, nationality will be the relevant label.

Status
Not open for further replies.