Why are there so many coarse women on the cycling newsgroups?

Alright, I'll continue myself. Please feel free to jump in, however.
"Jeff Grippe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Don't give up on this yet! It could be fun. I'll continue..
>
>>> Once upon a time there was a Troll and he loved to inflame the
>>> populace with outlandish remarks designed to agitate and annoy.

>> And other people who loved to encourage him by pointing out the
>> obvious: "Look, a troll!"

> The troll and the people around him lived in the land of Altrec. While
> this land seemed far away to some, it was actually connected to every
> place in the world by a magical super-highway. Some called it the Infobahn
> while others had less flattering names.
>
> Oh how the people did boo and hiss at the troll. But this just made the
> troll even more ornery. The troll was a fire breathing troll but the
> people had long since developed immunity to his fire. Some tried to use
> the magic of the kill-file on him but he was immune to this magic. His
> fires dotted the landscape of this otherwise peaceful land.

The troll, who had at one time been a more timid troll, expanded his evil
influence to many villages in the land of Altrec. While the people of the
village would taunt him, their efforts only seemed to make him grow
stronger. He seemed to be immune to even the strongest magic. Many a brave
knight was sent to his (or in some case her) metaphorical demise by the evil
troll.

The troll, meanwhile, could not understand why the people of Altrec
continued to think of him as a troll. "A troll", he said, "is someone who
drinks Gin and I only drink the purest fluids of the grape." But the good
folk of Altrec did maintain that if it looks like a troll, walks like a
troll, and most importantly, leaves messages like a troll, then it must be a
troll.

"But I'm not a troll", the evil troll asserted, "I am really a great saint
who is misundererstimated (a reference to George W. Bush for you
international folk)"

The good folk of Altrec were not fooled, however. Some of them (your humble
author included) were always willing to kiss a frog in hopes of finding
something royal. But the troll, when kissed, merely spat venom. This was
viewed by very few as saintly behavior.

"Colin Nelson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:D[email protected]...
[...]
> Dear Saint Ed,
> Much as I value your concern re `coarse` women etc. I am unable to find
> such
> within the bounds of uk.rec.cycling, and would be obliged if you were to
> remove `us` from your mailing list.
> Thanking you in anticipation.
> Colin N.

Colin, the English are almost as stupid as the Australians. I feel I would
be remiss if I did not include the lot of you in my general reports on the
state of the cycling newsgroups.

These messages of mine will only appear about once a week or so. You should
relax and enjoy them. Who else is talking about the cycling newsgroups in a
general sort of way and passing judgment on them except yours truly, the
Great Ed Dolan.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

> "Men want to look up to women."
>
> Yeah, but after trying to do so numerous time and always being
> disappointed, you give up trying to look up to them after awhile.

i keep thinking of that old steve martin line, at least i think it was
him. "I want to put a woman on a pedestal... so high up that i can look
up her skirt."

news:[email protected]...

Foslon wrote:

>> Yeah, but after trying to do so numerous time and always being
>> disappointed, you give up trying to look up to them after awhile.
>>

> i keep thinking of that old steve martin line, at least i think it was
> him. "I want to put a woman on a pedestal... so high up that i can look up
> her skirt."

The above remark is a perfect example of coarseness in a woman. She is
Canadian and not Australian, but there is not much difference between the
two types. It is just a question of who can be more vulgar, some broad from
the New World or some broad from Down Under.

By the way, Steve Martin only does one kind of comedy, that of the jerk. He
reminds me of Jerry Lewis who was also supremely unfunny, unless of course
you like jerks.

Edward Dolan wrote:

> By the way, Steve Martin only does one kind of comedy, that of the jerk. He
> reminds me of Jerry Lewis who was also supremely unfunny, unless of course
> you like jerks.

It would seem then that jerks have their fans so there's still hope for
you, Ed. Don't give up your day job though until you start to amuse and
entertain people other than yourself.

Regards,
Bob Hunt

"Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Edward Dolan wrote:
>
>> By the way, Steve Martin only does one kind of comedy, that of the jerk.
>> He
>> reminds me of Jerry Lewis who was also supremely unfunny, unless of
>> course
>> you like jerks.
>>

> It would seem then that jerks have their fans so there's still hope for
> you, Ed. Don't give up your day job though until you start to amuse and
> entertain people other than yourself.

Someone who thinks Steve Martin and Jerry Lewis were funny? Surely they were
far more pathetic than they ever were funny! I think it is only 12 year old
kids who laugh at those two jerks.

Edward Dolan wrote:
> "Marlene Blanshay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>[email protected] wrote:

> Edwarad Dolan wrote:
>

>>>"Men want to look up to women."

> Foslon wrote:
>

>>>Yeah, but after trying to do so numerous time and always being
>>>disappointed, you give up trying to look up to them after awhile.
>>>

>>i keep thinking of that old steve martin line, at least i think it was
>>him. "I want to put a woman on a pedestal... so high up that i can look up
>>her skirt."

> The above remark is a perfect example of coarseness in a woman. She is
> Canadian and not Australian, but there is not much difference between the
> two types. It is just a question of who can be more vulgar, some broad from
> the New World or some broad from Down Under.
>
> By the way, Steve Martin only does one kind of comedy, that of the jerk. He
> reminds me of Jerry Lewis who was also supremely unfunny, unless of course
> you like jerks.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
> aka
> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

You should get off your soap box, we can see up your skirt!

In article <[email protected]>,
"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Anyone but me notice how many coarse women there are on the cycling
> newsgroups?

No.

> We all know of course that all the cycling groups are composed of
> mostly men. The few women who do show up are almost without exception
> extremely vulgar and verge on being tramps. Many of the men on the
> groups actually encourage this kind of female behavior. Women, having
> very small brains, fall into this trap all too easily.
>
> I was not going to mention any names here as we all know who I am
> talking about. However, I will mention one female as she has
> consistently shown herself to be a woman and not a tramp. That is
> Claire of RBM. Her only fault is that she is a female and therefore
> not up to the intellectually high standards of us men. But she at
> least has the good sense to be a woman and not to be acting like some
> kind of cheap tramp. Unfortunately, there have been other women on
> RBM who must rank among the worst specimens of their gender ever.

Is this poorly written satire or are you really such a dolt? Something
is certainly too small in your case, it might be your brain.

> I urge women to behave themselves and not to indulge men by catering
> to their worst instincts. Men behave badly enough without being
> encouraged by women. Men want to look up to women. All a women has to
> do to get this kind of respect is simply to behave like a woman and
> not to try to emulate men. That way lies disaster for them. Trust me
> on this, there is no woman born who can be as vile as the most
> ordinary man.

Been to Promise Keepers lately?

> Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota aka Saint Edward the Great - Order of
> the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

You're nothing if not unhumble.

Edward Dolan wrote:
> "Ken C. M." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Michael Warner wrote:

> >> And other people who loved to encourage him by pointing out the
> >> obvious: "Look, a troll!"
> >>

> > Once upon a time E.D. did not bother to cross post into R.B.M. until he
> > realized what he was missing, now he irritates the subscribers to that
> > group as well as A.R.B.R.
> >
> > He would not be AS as much of a pain if he would just write something
> > regarding cycling. Most of his posts are pure garbage.
> >
> > Ken

> My messages unrelated to cycling reek of truth and wisdom. That is something
> that most can never take. The common run of men need to be shielded from
> reality by their delusions. Take away their delusions, and they are lost.

Well then, this explains why you tenacious hold onto yours (read
delusions).

Jim McNamara

JimmyMac wrote:
> Edward Dolan wrote:
> > "Ken C. M." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> > > Once upon a time E.D. did not bother to cross post into R.B.M. until he
> > > realized what he was missing, now he irritates the subscribers to that
> > > group as well as A.R.B.R.
> > >
> > > He would not be AS as much of a pain if he would just write something
> > > regarding cycling. Most of his posts are pure garbage.
> > >
> > > Ken

> > My messages unrelated to cycling reek of truth and wisdom. That is something
> > that most can never take. The common run of men need to be shielded from
> > reality by their delusions. Take away their delusions, and they are lost.

> Well then, this explains why you tenacious hold onto yours (read
> delusions).

Before Ed corrects me, I meant ... tenaciously.

Jim McNamara

Marlene Blanshay <[email protected]> writes:
> [email protected] wrote:
>> "Men want to look up to women."
>>
>> Yeah, but after trying to do so numerous time and always being
>> disappointed, you give up trying to look up to them after awhile.
>>

> i keep thinking of that old steve martin line, at least i think it was
> him. "I want to put a woman on a pedestal... so high up that i can look
> up her skirt."

Ah, vive le difference!

As for quotes:

"I'm a honky-tonk man
and I can't seem to stop.
I luvs to give the girls a whirl
to the music of an ol' juke box.

But when the money's all gone,
I'm on the telephone,
a-hollerin': hey-hey, momma,
kin yer daddy come home."
-- Johnny Horton

I'd shake a leg with ya if you wuz
here or I wuz there, and you were
willing to shake a leg w/ me to a
good ol' tune.

"Everybody's dooo-oooing a brand new dance, now,
(come on, come on, do The Locomotion ...)"

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.

"Tim McNamara" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Anyone but me notice how many coarse women there are on the cycling
>> newsgroups?

> No.
>
>> We all know of course that all the cycling groups are composed of
>> mostly men. The few women who do show up are almost without exception
>> extremely vulgar and verge on being tramps. Many of the men on the
>> groups actually encourage this kind of female behavior. Women, having
>> very small brains, fall into this trap all too easily.
>>
>> I was not going to mention any names here as we all know who I am
>> talking about. However, I will mention one female as she has
>> consistently shown herself to be a woman and not a tramp. That is
>> Claire of RBM. Her only fault is that she is a female and therefore
>> not up to the intellectually high standards of us men. But she at
>> least has the good sense to be a woman and not to be acting like some
>> kind of cheap tramp. Unfortunately, there have been other women on
>> RBM who must rank among the worst specimens of their gender ever.

> Is this poorly written satire or are you really such a dolt? Something
> is certainly too small in your case, it might be your brain.

Moreover, the kind of women who show up for group bike tours are almost
without exception extremely vulgar types. It is as if they are competing
with one another to see who can be the most vulgar. Some even resort to
mouthing obscenities as bad as any man. Such types are beneath contempt of
course and deserve exactly the kind of men they get. Needless to say, I am
above and beyond them as they are unworthy of so grand a personage as
myself.

>> I urge women to behave themselves and not to indulge men by catering
>> to their worst instincts. Men behave badly enough without being
>> encouraged by women. Men want to look up to women. All a women has to
>> do to get this kind of respect is simply to behave like a woman and
>> not to try to emulate men. That way lies disaster for them. Trust me
>> on this, there is no woman born who can be as vile as the most
>> ordinary man.

> Been to Promise Keepers lately?

Ever been in any of the military services?