Why bikeroute.com Classifieds & New Trike Dealer & Melanie

Our recumbent classifieds have been around pretty much since the web
began. During that time we've seen them survive Nigerian spam attacks
and keep the doors of more than a few bike businesses open when their
traffic has been light. And here now as the bent industry has matured
and we see recumbents on Ebvay and Craig's List, people keep selling and
buying at our ads. Here's way:

1- No auctions to babysit

2 - No Ebay spam in your email box that you have to sort thru (At our
site to reduce the spam that ends up in your email box should you choose
to place an ad, make you email address non standard - 'AT' for '@' and
'DOT' for '.' so web crawlers cannot harvest it)

3 - Can change your mind if item doesn't look like it is going to get
the $ you want

4 - Don't have to wait till auction over to sell or buy your item

5 - Can pull your item at any time if choose not to sell

There's a new Trike Dealer in town. Selling ONLY Trikes, Hoppy Dean is
in the process of hanging his shingle just outside of San Diego. He
hasn't even finished his website, but here is what he has so far:
http://t-ryx.com
I case you missed it:

At her factory in Santa Cruz, CA, we visited the Grande Dame of the
recumbent cycling industry, Melanie Vasuzi. With her company, Free Form
Fashions, Melanie has been making apparel for cyclists and their bikes
since 1982.

At <http://nationalbicyclegreenway.com/Podcasts/FreeFormFashions.mp3>
hear how much fun Melanie has in her work as a high tech seamstress and
you will know why her customers come back over and over again.

Free Form Fashions can be found on the web at
http://bikeroute.com/freeformfashions.

The url for our classifieds is:

http://www.bikeroute.com/ibrd_cgi/Classifieds/class_ad.cgi?database=recum
bent.setup

In article
<[email protected]>,

On 20 Feb 2007 07:28:48 -0800, [email protected] wrote:

>[email protected] wrote:
>> The url for our classifieds is:
>>
>> http://www.bikeroute.com/ibrd_cgi/Classifieds/class_ad.cgi?database=recum
>> bent.setup

>Did not work on my computer, but if I cut off letters in the url; I
>got several amusing older indexes and lists- but this one works for
>classified recument ads:
>http://www.bikeroute.com/ibrd_cgi/Classifieds/class_ad.cgi?database=recumbent.setup

And you do know his url and your url are the same, except for the text
wrap? Or am I missing a strained attempt at humor?

His works - all you have to do is copy the entire line into your
browser and delete the extra characters, or reply and edit the added
'reply marks' and returns before clicking. This isn't rocket science.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Curtis L. Russell wrote:
> His works - all you have to do is copy the entire line into your
> browser and delete the extra characters, or reply and edit the added
> 'reply marks' and returns before clicking. This isn't rocket science.
>
> Curtis L. Russell
> Odenton, MD (USA)
> Just someone on two wheels..

His:

I'm sorry, I was not able to open . Would you please check to make
sure that you gave me a valid filename and that the permissions on are
set to allow me access?

Mine:
NBG Classified

Erase about 8 letters/characters:

Index (text and old photos from about 2002)

Fun to play with the url for me, I don't know why it doesnt work with
the same input; it only uses 1/3 of the browser url line so I don't
have to cut or paste, move or modify anything.

On 20 Feb 2007 12:51:02 -0800, [email protected] wrote:

>His:
>
>I'm sorry, I was not able to open . Would you please check to make
>sure that you gave me a valid filename and that the permissions on are
>set to allow me access?
>
>Mine:
> NBG Classified

You get that message if you are clueless enough to leave the last part
of his url on the next line. Move it up to where it belongs (and
probably was when he posted it) and it works just fine.

Let me say this slowly:

His...

url...

was...

split...

into...

two...

pieces,

so...

of course it doesn't work.

How long have you been on the Internet? This is a common occurence and
happens pretty much every other time a long url is posted, especially
if the posters word wrap is set at a different length than yours.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Curtis L. Russell wrote:

> His...
>
> url...
>
> was...
>
> split...
>

> into...
>

> two...
>

> pieces,
>

> so...
>

> of course it doesn't work.

The url is not split on my moniter- all blue- no routing. Just click.
THIS is split:
http://www.bikeroute.com/ibrd_cgi/
Terrific photo ads!

> How long have you been on the Internet?

15+ years- started with Commodore in about '80 but it was more a toy,
gave up until the '90s; about 1995 when computers were more useful.