Why color is the most important consideration.

Callistus Valerius

Guest
I've seen in rbt, people putting down the newbies because they choose
color as their main consideration in buying a bike. I own a few road bikes,
and I think I've changed out everything on those bikes, except one. The
color. I guess I could get it re-painted the color I really wanted, but if
you've read rbt, you know re-painting really doesn't make sense due to the
hassle and expense involved. So maybe those folks that are just getting
into cycling know something, we all forgot.

Callistus Valerius wrote:
> I've seen in rbt, people putting down the newbies because they choose
> color as their main consideration in buying a bike. I own a few road bikes,
> and I think I've changed out everything on those bikes, except one. The
> color. I guess I could get it re-painted the color I really wanted, but if
> you've read rbt, you know re-painting really doesn't make sense due to the
> hassle and expense involved. So maybe those folks that are just getting
> into cycling know something, we all forgot.

You can brighten or soften a frame color with accent colors ( tape,
bottle, toestraps, whatever) or emphasize undertones the same way.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

I don't recall even getting a choice of colour when I chose my first
bike (actually my only bike at this stage...although I have decided
that I will be buying a second one as soon as I can get the $AUS 2K
together to buy a nice roady...

Colour probably won't be high on my list of requirements there either.

On 18 Feb 2007 16:24:18 -0800, "Bugbear" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>I don't recall even getting a choice of colour when I chose my first
>bike (actually my only bike at this stage...although I have decided
>that I will be buying a second one as soon as I can get the $AUS 2K
>together to buy a nice roady...
>
>Colour probably won't be high on my list of requirements there either.

Always buy black bikes. Black goes with whatever you are wearing.

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 23:36:21 GMT, - Bob - <[email protected]>
wrote:

>On 18 Feb 2007 16:24:18 -0800, "Bugbear" <[email protected]>
>wrote:
>
>>I don't recall even getting a choice of colour when I chose my first
>>bike (actually my only bike at this stage...although I have decided
>>that I will be buying a second one as soon as I can get the $AUS 2K
>>together to buy a nice roady...
>>
>>Colour probably won't be high on my list of requirements there either.

>Always buy black bikes. Black goes with whatever you are wearing.

What if all your clothes are black. Doesn't that mean you can go
buck-wild with the bike color?

--
JT