why did I wait so long ?!?

Douglas Cole

Guest
Finally picked up a Burley Taiko (my first 'bent) at "Go-Bent" bikes in Wenatchee Wa. , what a great
dealer , no preassure to buy, he has a store devoted to just bents (Burley, Vision, RANS, Optima,
Greenspeed, Bike-E and EasyRacers in stock) :) http://www.gobentbikes.com No I don't have financial
connections to the shop, I just think he is a great guy and deserves the exposure on here .

I never could figure out what the big deal was with bents, why were 'bent ouwners so religous about
them , well now that I have ridden one and purchased one I know for certain why, wow :^)))

1. You have your head up , you can see so much more without craning your neck and no more neck/head
aches over long distances.

2. Your sitting down in your seat, (a comfy seat on my Taiko)and your arms are in a position that
keeps preassure off the wrists , so no more numb hands/wrists !

3. Speed , this puppy moves ! I assume this has something to do with the aerodynmic differences
relative to a diamond frame (hey I'm no techie in this area) .

4. Hill climbing was no sweat, don't know what people are talking about when they say 'bents won't
do hills, my Taiko eats 'em up, so did the EZ-racer,Greenspeed GTO and Canto that I tested .

I tried SWB, MWB and LWB and found the Taiko to be a perfect fit (I am a thin 6'2") and took to it
right away , what a pleasure to ride !

What I would advise potential buyers to do, please go to a dealer that has bikes in stock and will
let you test ride them, it will make such a difference on what you decide to purchase, there really
is a big difference in how each 'bent feels when ridden. Even if it means driving a good distance (I
had to drive 3.5hrs/over 150 miles) as you are spending good money , you really want to test ride
before you buy.

For a 'bent newbie (like me) I think the Taiko is a great bike !

Anybody want to buy a Cannondale C600 hybrid with low miles ? ;^}

Douglas Cole Registered Linux user #188922

Douglas Cole <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

> Finally picked up a Burley Taiko (my first 'bent) at "Go-Bent" bikes in Wenatchee Wa. , what a
> great dealer , no preassure to buy, he has a store devoted to just bents (Burley, Vision, RANS,
> Optima, Greenspeed, Bike-E and EasyRacers in stock) :) http://www.gobentbikes.com No I don't
> have financial connections to the shop, I just think he is a great guy and deserves the exposure
> on here .
>
> I never could figure out what the big deal was with bents, why were 'bent ouwners so religous
> about them , well now that I have ridden one and purchased one I know for certain why, wow :^)))
>
> 1. You have your head up , you can see so much more without craning your neck and no more
> neck/head aches over long distances.
>
> 2. Your sitting down in your seat, (a comfy seat on my Taiko)and your arms are in a position that
> keeps preassure off the wrists , so no more numb hands/wrists !
>
> 3. Speed , this puppy moves ! I assume this has something to do with the aerodynmic differences
> relative to a diamond frame (hey I'm no techie in this area) .
>
> 4. Hill climbing was no sweat, don't know what people are talking about when they say 'bents won't
> do hills, my Taiko eats 'em up, so did the EZ-racer,Greenspeed GTO and Canto that I tested .
>
> I tried SWB, MWB and LWB and found the Taiko to be a perfect fit (I am a thin 6'2") and took to it
> right away , what a pleasure to ride !
>
> What I would advise potential buyers to do, please go to a dealer that has bikes in stock and will
> let you test ride them, it will make such a difference on what you decide to purchase, there
> really is a big difference in how each 'bent feels when ridden. Even if it means driving a good
> distance (I had to drive 3.5hrs/over 150 miles) as you are spending good money , you really want
> to test ride before you buy.
>
> For a 'bent newbie (like me) I think the Taiko is a great bike !
>
> Anybody want to buy a Cannondale C600 hybrid with low miles ? ;^}
>
> Douglas Cole Registered Linux user #188922

congratulations,and welcomme to the cult

rorschandt

Douglas Cole <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

> Finally picked up a Burley Taiko (my first 'bent) at "Go-Bent" bikes in Wenatchee Wa. , what a
> great dealer , no preassure to buy, he has a store devoted to just bents (Burley, Vision, RANS,
> Optima, Greenspeed, Bike-E and EasyRacers in stock) :) http://www.gobentbikes.com No I don't
> have financial connections to the shop, I just think he is a great guy and deserves the exposure
> on here .
>
> I never could figure out what the big deal was with bents, why were 'bent ouwners so religous
> about them , well now that I have ridden one and purchased one I know for certain why, wow :^)))
>
> 1. You have your head up , you can see so much more without craning your neck and no more
> neck/head aches over long distances.
>
> 2. Your sitting down in your seat, (a comfy seat on my Taiko)and your arms are in a position that
> keeps preassure off the wrists , so no more numb hands/wrists !
>
> 3. Speed , this puppy moves ! I assume this has something to do with the aerodynmic differences
> relative to a diamond frame (hey I'm no techie in this area) .
>
> 4. Hill climbing was no sweat, don't know what people are talking about when they say 'bents won't
> do hills, my Taiko eats 'em up, so did the EZ-racer,Greenspeed GTO and Canto that I tested .
>
> I tried SWB, MWB and LWB and found the Taiko to be a perfect fit (I am a thin 6'2") and took to it
> right away , what a pleasure to ride !
>
> What I would advise potential buyers to do, please go to a dealer that has bikes in stock and will
> let you test ride them, it will make such a difference on what you decide to purchase, there
> really is a big difference in how each 'bent feels when ridden. Even if it means driving a good
> distance (I had to drive 3.5hrs/over 150 miles) as you are spending good money , you really want
> to test ride before you buy.
>
> For a 'bent newbie (like me) I think the Taiko is a great bike !
>
> Anybody want to buy a Cannondale C600 hybrid with low miles ? ;^}
>
> Douglas Cole Registered Linux user #188922

welcome to the BEST source of excellent condition used wedgies on the net!

>Even if it means driving a good distance (I had to drive 3.5hrs/over 150
miles) as you are spending good money , you really want to test ride before you buy.>>

Congrats on the new bent! So where do you live that's 3.5 hours from Wenatchee? By my count, Go-Bent
makes three recumbent specific bike shops in WA State.

Norm in Bellevue

Where are they? As far as I know Jim has only one shop in Wenatchee. I came from Idaho and bought a
Rans V-Rex and a Sun EZ Sport. My wife and I return occasionally to visit with Jim and Hazel at
their shop. I can't think of a better place to test as long as you want and what you want in the
recumbent line. Great people! Doug, did you get your picture taken and up on the wall with all the
other happy new owners?

Jerry J