General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Why didn't it rise?

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 2 posts · 133 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
26 March 2007
Last activity
26 March 2007
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
133
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I made the lemon cake recipe in the recent edition of Cook's, and the
    two layer cakes seemed to not rise in the middle. I am wondering if
    anyone has any ideas for this. Could it be that the oven couldn't
    maintain temp with two pans? BTW, I am at high altitude, and I didn't
    modify the recipe, so could that have led to the low middle?

    I also baked some whole grain bread, another Cook's recipe, and it
    rose during the various risings, but it came out dense and low in the
    final baking. Any ideas? I was thinking that I might not have needed
    it enough.

  2. <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I made the lemon cake recipe in the recent edition of Cook's, and the
    two layer cakes seemed to not rise in the middle. I am wondering if
    anyone has any ideas for this. Could it be that the oven couldn't
    maintain temp with two pans? BTW, I am at high altitude, and I didn't
    modify the recipe, so could that have led to the low middle?

    I also baked some whole grain bread, another Cook's recipe, and it
    rose during the various risings, but it came out dense and low in the
    final baking. Any ideas? I was thinking that I might not have needed
    it enough.

    From what you describe it is an altitude problem.

    Generally the adjustments are dependent on the altitude. How high up are you?

    See the website below,

    http://www.homebaking.org/foreducators/askexperts/highaltitudebaking.html

    Dimitri

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.